Lowe's Unload Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Unload Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reynoldsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Reynoldsburg, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by both phone and e-mail to schedule an interview. Interview took place in the store two days later. The interview included several standard questions about how I handled different situations at previous jobs. The interviewer stated that they were interviewing several candidates and would let me know via e-mail within two weeks if I was selected. Less than two weeks later I received an e-mail that I had not been chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you collaborated with others to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an interview about two weeks later. It was very laid back and he asked simple questions about past experiences. It lasted about 15 minutes and he also gave an explanation about how the company works and the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to explain how a process was to happen to another associate.   Answer Question

Unloader Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I interviewed in person at Lowes. The interview was very easy and I was offered a position immediately after. The process only took a few days.

Unloader Associate Interview

Interview

2 interviews. 1 with HR, 1 with Logistics Manager. Asked generic basic questions. If they need bodies, they will likely hire you. Took a mouth swab drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Edmond, OK) in September 2018.

Interview

Manager on Duty takes you in and starts chatting with you about qualifications. They will ask you about past work experience, if any. They want to know if you mind assisting customers, doing a repetitive task day in and day out, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to unload trucks?   1 Answer

Unloader Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in September 2018.

Interview

The Interview Process was straight forward, I applied online and approximately 3 weeks later I received a call to have an interview. The Interview was standard in my opinion, asked what my goals were, why Lowe's, and how long I plan on staying. The staff is very helpful and friendly I appreciated it being someone applying for a job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone who is disgruntled?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Boise, ID) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was quick but not very thorough, I felt like they were just trying to get additional hands as fast as they could. In all it probably took maybe 15 minutes for the process.

Interview Questions

• If I had operated power equipment before such as: Forklift or Order picker   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockledge, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Rockledge, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call two weeks later to set up an interview for the next day. I went to the store and had an interview with the HR, and shortly after had an interview with one of the Assistant Store Manager's.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to complete a task, and you were interrupted while completing the task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They showed me a paper with a starting pay, and said this is what I would get if I chose to accept it. I took it and then signed the paper.

Unloader Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I was called up for an interview just a few days after filling out an application online. The interviewer was the HR person I spoke to on the phone, who didn't sound all-that friendly. He wasn't too bad in person, although he was a bit intimidating. He snapped at me (probably jokingly) for sitting in an assistant's chair. She never even showed up during my interview, even though the interviewer called out to her a couple of times to try to get her to come in. My first impressions were pretty bad seeing as my interviewer did not seem to be taking my interview very seriously.

But once things settled down it turned into what I imagine is a pretty typical interview. I was asked about my previous experience, why I want to work for this position, and then asked a series of "Tell me a time when you ______" questions. For this position, they actually seemed fairly relevant as they had to do with safety and following processes to name a few. It went by fairly quickly, though he had me read through a few sheets of paper regarding the position and then signing it.

At its conclusion, I was told a decision would be made the following week and that there were a few more candidates to interview. I thanked him and went on my way. Unfortunately, I received an automated e-mail telling me I didn't get the position before the following week even began, so perhaps just two or three days after the interview. On the bright side, the process was quick. But on the flip side, the interviewer seemed unprofessional and I was left feeling I was hardly even a consideration for the position in the first place.

Interview Questions

• They were all "Name a time when you _______" questions. I forget what most of them were at this point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, went in person to see store manager, got a phone call from HR person. Went in next day for interview with HR person and ASM. Got rejection email about 2 days later.

Rather an unfair method to screen potential candidates. Company should use experience to screen out unqualified applicants rather than responses to interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a confrontation with an associate, what was it and how was the outcome?

What have you done to go out of your way to provide optimal customer service?   Answer Question