Lowe's Weekend Team Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Weekend Team Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Weekend Team Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview

I applied on-line in the store. I was called the next day and asked if I'd like to come in for an interview the next day. I came in and interviewed with the Human Resources Lady. A couple of days later, she called and said the Store Manager would like to talk to me. The Manager on Duty interviewed me. Both of them asked lots of questions as "what would you do", ethics, problems I might encounter with co-workers or with trying to find out more information. The Store Manager then spoke with me briefly, told me I was hired, told me what I would be making and the Human Resources lady gave me a cheek swab drug test and that was it. I started right after that and began two weeks of paid in-house training on the computer on everything about the store, procedures, safety, product placement, stealing, and emphasis on products I would be selling in the department I chose to be in. That was cool too, we (9 of us) got to chose where we could work and it all worked out. After 6 months, we were told they wanted us to learn all departments so we could be used where needed and we all seemed good with that, it's involved computer training and first hand experience. I dressed for the interview like I was going to a casual meeting, slacks, dress shirt with blazer, make-up and hair done with resume in hand. Others came dressed in jeans with hair all moused into a greasy looking mess. Even though I own and operate my own business during the week, I was able to be available to work the weekend team hours for which I was hired, and Lowes does not have a problem with my being a business owner. I love working with the public and representing Lowes. I feel very rewarded by my superiors and feel I am an asset to the team. Lowes seems to care or at least they try to make working fun, safe, and available to anyone who wants to work and be part of the team.

Interview Questions

• what difficult situation was I in and how did I handle it?   2 Answers
  • What would you do if someone had a question about something you did not know anything about?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating, I was told the position paid $10.04 an hour and I would get a raise in 3 months. I did and now I make $10.36.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Weekend Team Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview

Application will only go through if you pass the web site application test, which you won't know until its too late. Spoke with hr quite a few times then got an interview with the Assistant Store Manager and then eventually the Store manager who offered me the position. Great people, except the HR.

Interview Questions