Lowes Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowes Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.1

Csa Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lowes Canada.

Interview

Applied online. I received an email the next day to set up an interview. I had 2 time choices, I picked the earliest one. I went to my interview 2 days later. I was interviewed by the HR manager. She asked me 8 questions, she wrote down everything I said. The questions where easy customer service questions and I tried to answer them as in a cashier postion. She told me that she was hiring two cashiers and interviewing 4 people. That I would get an email back by the next day whether I got the job or not. I received an email about 4 hours later saying that I got the job. It came with a job offer with the pay rate I would get and if I wanted to accept it. I accepted and I got another email from the HR manager asking me to bring in my ID and SS card. When I went in she did a swab drug test on me. I was told I would get another email when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• In your last job what safety issue did you run into and how did you manage it?   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you went out of your way to help a customer.   1 Answer

Plumbing Pro Interview

Interview

Asked about customer service skills and skills for department (plumbing). Asked about what kind of culture I would contribute to. Spoke with HR Manager and Store Manager. I tried to bargain for higher wages or first day benefits but it seems they had not too much freedom on those fronts. This only served to delay the start date.

Interview Questions

• What kind of culture will you bring to this position   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight-forward. Initially, you are interviewed by an HR Manager. Then, after his positive impression of you, he schedules an interview with the Assistant Store Manager. You are then interviewed in turn by two Assistant Store Managers. The interview with each of them is pretty short, about 10 minutes. They want to know about your experience and about why you are willing to work at Lowe's. They also want to know about what you about Lowe's and about the

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your experience and goals   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

When I showed up on time for my interview the staff behind the desk said the managers were all in a meeting and I could wait 30 minutes for them. I did so and was interviewed by the front end manager. He offered me the job but the pay wasn't what I discussed with HR. He asked me to give him a day to talk to HR. I called back three days later and was told that HR would call me the next day. He said the HR person had to speak to the store manager. There was no further contact made and I am guessing they gave the job to someone else. Very unprofessional. He could have called and said the pay was correct and given me a choice but he did not.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to the Job fair applying for Department Manager.I had registered my name and advised them accordingly,after avcouple of minutes a manager approached to interview me ,went with him to inform me that their vacancies are part time seasonal,I answered him that I have come for the department manager ,then he transferred me to another concerned manager. after he had conducted the interview,I asked anything else is required and when shall I hear from you? he answered ''in 7 to 10 days we'll reply to you ,this was your interview ,you do not need something else to do''.
    After 2 days I sent a thank you email to the HR attaching even my resume ,followed up after 12 days to hear the HR saying'' I do not have you on the follow up nor do I have your application''. after 3 emails with no apology or rectification she insisted to'' apply online ,take the assessment and if I pass they will call me for an interview'' take into consideration that the position was filled.
    This antipathy irresponsible business with total misinformation and misleading coming from higher management with lack of professionalism,had cost me the job and the stress of waiting.
    I wish to mention the employees name but my reputation deters.
    I shall never consider Lowes neither as a customer nor as an employee.
    (Glassdor prevents the title of the managers to be mentioned).

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would like to see in your department?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

The application with cover letter and resume is very easy and straight forward to complete plus it goes direct to the hiring manager rather than getting lost in a massive HR dept.

My interview was very well structured with both interviewers asking succinct and pre-determined questions and also asking probing questions where they needed clarification.

An opportunity was given at the end to ask questions about the organisation and the answers received were open and in-depth.

Interview Questions

• Identifying current or relevant transferable experience seemed to be the emphasis of the interview.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a career fair. I was interviewed by the Store Front end manager. The position available was for peak cashier. The interview was in a small room and it was informal.The timings of the peak cashier was explained as peak hours but the specific hours were not mentioned so I was still confused about the peak hours. I was told that no benefits are associated with peak position and there was no certainty when I could get benefits if I opted for the position. Most of the questions asked were - What is your availability? Have you helped a customer? Have you visited a Lowe's store? What are your salary expectations?
    The front end manager mentioned that few things that are discouraged in the store are: no gossiping about co-workers, frequent time-offs, too many sick leaves in a month. Also I had to be available to work 3 nights every week.
    I was invited to the next round to be interviewed by store manager. I was surprised that there are 2 rounds of interview for a part time peak cahier position. I called and declined to appear for the next round as they were not offering benefits which was my main motivation to pursue this position. I had mentioned about the benefits requirement to the HR manager in the career fair yet I was called for an interview for a position with no benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Lowe's?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowes Canada in May 2016.

Interview

It was a friendly and quick 5 minute interview at a job fair. Manager asked part of the standard set of interview questions. It was a very quick interview, I wasn't prepared for it to be as short as it was.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to want to work for Lowe's?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went out of your way to assist a customer or employee   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied in store during a recruiting event. I was asked to fill out a form, indicate my availability and was then interviewed by a store manager. Fairly basic questions typical for retail and how you answer the questions appear to be graded on a scale of terrible to great. The manger concluded the interview by asking if I had any questions about working at Lowe's and following that, he passed my application along to the HR manager.

I wasn't hired because even though it was a part-time position, you have to have full-time availability, so you can't work at Lowe's part-time while at school or working another part-time job because they will not accommodate your schedule. There is no flexibility whatsoever to have a life beyond Lowe's, even as a part-time employee because their scheduling is managed by a soulless computer system that randomly schedules you each week and not only that, even though I was applying for a part-time position for 25 hours, I was told they could bring me in 40 hours, so I'm not sure why they bothered giving me an availability sheet. I asked the manager about that and he didn't know what to say, just that if you don't mark yourself as available 7 days a week open to close, don't expect a call back, even part-time.

Forklft Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowes Canada (Milton, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online several times. Then got recommendation and my resume straight to the HR department. Missed call , tried to get back to HR, took a few tries. Got in contact with the HR Representative. Set a time for interview and went over some general working review in a phone interview. As long as you are competent and have experience you may get the position Overall process was ok, but can improve.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in the distribution and supply chain industry?   Answer Question