Want a Free Job Posting?

Interviews for Top Jobs at Loyalty Lab

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loyalty Lab (San Francisco, CA) in March 2007.

This was an extensive interview process, as software/tech interviews often are. In addition to the phone screen, I did two in-person interviews and then submitted, at their request, numerous test plans I had written (with all IP and private data stripped out, of course.) All the engineers I interviewed with were pleasant, but none had read my resume in advance. I know how disruptive interviews can be when you're busy, but this is an important decision for both parties. Three management references later, they did come back with an offer quite quickly. However, I thought it was 10-20% below market rate. They acknowledged my value and expertise but said that was all they were budgeting for the position. Lesson learned: Do your homework (e.g. reference glassdor.com) and don't be afraid to have a quick discussion about salary expectations up front. At least make sure you're both in the same range.

Interview Questions

• Please send us your test plans.   1 Answer

I was not happy with the offer, and they were not able to negotiate much.