LoyaltyOne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.6

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I went to JSM and took this interview. It is a one on one interview. And I was asked questions related to my resume. After that, I also get two phone interview. One is related to IQ test. There are two questions, burning ropes and weighing coins. Another is related to my background.

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very weird: Applied through Linkedin, got a call from recruitment then they schedule another HR interview (never called). After couple of days, the recruitment team called me and informed that the hiring manager is back from vacation but the job got hold due to requirements change. After 2 weeks, I got a regret letter that I was not selected. I was really glad they finally took decision and bother informing me. They left bad experience, enough to be shared on Glassdoor.

Coalition Marketing Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview asking generic questions about your education, past work terms, and availability
    After the phone interview, I was asked to do a second interview which was done over skype. I was interviewed by two people. The questions mainly surrounded my skills and personality. Typically this would be done in person, but they were able to accomodate me for a skype interview.
    Fairly easy and relaxing interview process
    I heard back directly after my second interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Quite lengthy but simple. 2 people interviewed me. One of the two was a bit cocky. I thought it went well until they sort of asked me if I would be interested in a QA position. Once I said no, the interview ended, which made me think that they were hiring for a QA and not for a developer.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne in January 2017.

Interview

First, the HR girl left a message saying she wanted to schedule a time to talk over the phone. I got back to her through email providing the times that worked for me. She didn't get back to me for over a business day and I had to follow up with her for her to finally agree on a time.

She never called me. I emailed and called her myself and no response.

Please be more professional LoyaltyOne. If people are taking their time to prepare and talk to you, please give them the same respect.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview.
    It seems it became normal for recruiters to promise getting back to you as they tell you they are interested in your skills but not only don't get back to you but also don't even respond your follow up.

This behavior seems to be unnatural and insulting as what else a recruiter has to do on a day to day work other than contacting candidates, follow up with them and respond them as a courtesy. At the end of the day, we are all human and respect is the main specification for each company to hold.

Recruiters should be trained that they are face of the company. Ignorance while promising is not only disrespectful but also fails corporation loyalty.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two parts. First an HR phone screen which was basic questions about your resume and software interests. Not sure if the HR person understood what I was talking about. The second part was an in-person interview which was purely behavioural.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and spoke with the recruiter and she asked very standard questions. I thought that it went very well as I had very relevant experience and was enthusiastic about the role. The recruiter seem to like the experience I had and said she would forward my resume to the hiring manager. I never heard back from her and when I followed up with her she didn't even reply. This was very unprofessional as it is courtesy just to let me know if I'm not going to move on to the next round. I don't think I would ever apply for this company knowing how they hire employees like this.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Pretty standard. Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter 2 weeks later for a 30 minute phone interview. The next day I was contacted to schedule an interview with the hiring managers and had to complete an Excel test prior to the interview. One of the hiring managers was pretty disorganized and didn't seem like he was really interested in being there. The other hiring manager was quite warm, friendly, and easy to talk to.

Client Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne.

Interview

Phone interview first with Human Resources based out of Toronto - standard fit questions, why do you want to work here, what are your top three qualities that make you good for this role. Then in-person interview (panel with 2 interviewers, 1 interviewee) with more in-depth questions about personal experience and more information about the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your top 3 qualities that make you a good fit with this position?   Answer Question