Loyola Marymount University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.4

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and informative. Met with the director, vice provost, and admissions staff. Very long interview be prepared. Had to conduct an alma mater presentation and discuss resume and college experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of success for the first three months on the job?   Answer Question

hr leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Telephone, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

After the application submission there was a paper review and recruiter screening
    Then a paper review by the search committee.
    Asked for references and transcripts.
    Was screened out at this part of the interview

International Orientation Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First, attend an information session
    Second, apply online
    Third, a percentage from the applicants is accepted and if you are accepted you need to schedule an interview
    Forth, in-person interview
    Fifth, final response

Interview Questions

• Provide 3 skills that made me suitable for the job position.   Answer Question
    • How would I handle a situation with a student who is being left alone by other students.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Loyola Marymount University (West Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

the previous GA emailed me first and then she asked me questions on behalf of the professor who's teaching that class. Also a professor of mine recommended me to the job.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to teach the lab?   1 Answer

Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Loyola Marymount University.

Interview

Interviewed with another student who worked in the department. Very conversational and positive experience. Questions were based around basic computer skills and human interaction. Since I was interviewing for a student intern position on campus it was a fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loyola Marymount University.

Interview

I had two in person interviews, the first with HR and two employees from the Dean's office. The second interview was with the direct supervisor and the former employee in that role who was being promoted within the department. Pretty standard interview process, they just want to make sure you are a right fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loyola Marymount University.

Interview

the interview process was easy. Just 1:1 interview, which lasted for 15 mins and I got in . If you can start working as a departmental research assistant. Pay was good at that time and I enjoyed working with professors. very knowledgable professors and staff is very supportive too.

Grad Assistant Interview

Interview

An email was sent to the entire class if desired to have a position and whoever responded had a phone interview with the professor. The phone interview was short and easy to answer.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, then an interview with the Director and VP of University Relations. The final round was an all-day interview with various departments and team members. Very long process, but always transparent. It was a very welcoming and comfortable experience. Really great people at LMU and very passionate.

Work Study Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was having trouble finding a work study job on campus and my friend told me that her current boss was hiring in the education department to take on an administrative role. I printed out my resume and walked in to meet with her boss, but she had left the office for a meeting. I left my documents with reception and heard back two days after. I had a quick phone interview and went into the office and I was told that I got the job! Great experience working in the Education department at LMU!