Loyola Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loyola Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Maywood, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine (Maywood, IL).

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter who set up an in-person interview; I first had to fill out one of those online personality surveys. I first met with the HR manager, and then met with the unit manager and then some of the unit RNs. The RN manager asked the basics, the unit manager and the RNs on the unit all asked behavioral questions. I was prepared from practicing behavioral interviewing and reading some of the questions on Glassdoor, so I felt ok, even though it was challenging. I loved the unit and the staff. I received a preliminary offer the next day and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why Loyola?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle/tell me about a time when you dealt with a co-worker not pulling their weight?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you experienced conflict and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you experienced change that you were not prepared for and how you adapted?   Answer Question
    • What types of patients do you think you will see on this unit?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine.

Interview

Easy interview process - basic interview questions. Met with HR first then walked over to the hospital to meet with manager. Received a tour of the unit. Talked to nurses on the unit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

New grad, no negotiation

Patient Observer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was smooth and informative. The hiring manager was very polite, knowledgeable and direct. I highly recommend bringing copies of your resume and arriving early. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine (Maywood, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone for an interview on like a Thursday to come in on Monday at 1pm. The interview was very long. I interviewed first with the nursing manager of the floor. I didn't get a tour of anything we just went straight to the office to interview. I was a little nervous. The nurse asked a lot of questions but also talked a lot about her own experiences too. The questions were mostly behavior questions. After that I walked to another building to interview with HR. That interview was much shorter with only 4 questions. Both people seemed to like me very much. Overall I have a good feeling about the interview. I don't know if I have the job yet though because I'm still waiting for them to contact my references. I actually called my references to see if they had called them yet but none of them have heard from the hospital yet. I interviewed about 4 days ago and they said it could take up to 2 weeks to contact references and to find out about the job offer. Also the next training orientation isn't until mid September so they still have some time to get some hiring done. My fingers are crossed and I'm speaking it into existence!

Interview Questions

• Nurse:
      Tell me about a challenging time you had at work and how you handled it
      How do you wash your hands
      Tell me about a time you demonstrated compassion
      Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for a patient or customer
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved it
      Why is customer satisfaction important in the workplace
      Tell me about a time when you showed initiative......

and so on and so forth.. It was like 15 questions I can't remember them all but just take the time out to reminisce on all your clinical experiences before you go
    • HR:
      Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want to work here
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Something along the lines of how your values will contribute to the hospital mission and patient care

There were supposed to be more questions but she said I got to skip some because I had my CNA already

PCT I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maywood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine (Maywood, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with someone from HR. Met with the nursing coordinator for all pct. The interview was somewhat informative, but unorganized. I was supposed to meet with a specific person from their HR department, instead I met with someone completely new to the job. Also I waited for the interview process to begin for a long time because they had taken someone scheduled after me before me.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake made in the workplace and how did you fix it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

MSW Licensed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It was quite a process! I received a phone call from a hiring manager. She had me schedule an interview two weeks away due to scheduling. She never told me to go to human resources when I arrived. I went to the social work office and they were surprised to see me there. They put me in the conference room while they called the hiring manager who had first been in contact with me. I interviewed with them at the appointed time and then went to HR afterward. The hiring manager I worked with at the beginning was away, so a bunch of different people had to find my info and figure out who was to interview me in HR. I had to fill out paper work in the HR office.

Interview Questions

• HR: What would you do to establish credibility? How would handle conflict?
      The social work dept: Tell me about a time when you have a high acuity case and many barriers to care-how did you handle it? What are your professional development goals before? What patient population would you most like to work with?

Utilization Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maywood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine (Maywood, IL).

Interview

The interview process was professional. Met with the HR manager and the Department manager. Interview took place in the HR department at the Hospital. Parking is validated. The interview process was great. However paid 80.00 for an Uber to get to orientation after being told to be there and I wasn't supposed to even be there due to my background information not being back yet. The departments do not communicate well with each other. Lots of confusion which made me not interested in the position. Major pay cut and was told at the interview that the position was not full time in actuality it was a temporary position/part time position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your past position where you had to overcome a difficult task. Etc   Answer Question

PCT-Student Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maywood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine (Maywood, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward. I interviewed with HR, the nurse manager and current PCTs. I prepared by looking at previously posted questions. It helped because many of those questions were asked. I was also asked disease processes and nursing care related to the department in which I was interviewing for a position. Be prepared to have questions for the staff, as well.

Interview Questions

• What would your clinical professor say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you gave a patient the wrong medication?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maywood, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine (Maywood, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online to multiple opening positions on a variety of units. 3 out of 10 position I applied for replied back for an interview. I went to HR for interview then sent to the units to interview with the unit managers. The HR interview was quick, but asked question I prepared for. The unit managers "interviews" were very relaxed, like having a conversation about the unit and the nurse role, then given a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• What three words describes your work ethic   1 Answer

Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loyola Medicine in October 2015.

Interview

got the an email for HR setting an appointment with HR manager. when I had my interview with the HR manager then she sent me over to the hiring manager and we talked about 15 20 mins.