Loyola University Maryland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loyola University Maryland Interview Questions

2.6

Graduate Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I interviewed for many graduate assistantships on campus. Some were very intense some were more relaxed. Many of them required a phone interview and then an in person interview which was usually in front of a panel of 2-3 people. One of the ones I did was with one person. I got one offer out of 5 or so applications and 3 interviews. This was pretty good considering the assistantships are extremely competitive at Loyola. Plus there are not many to choose from. Most graduate assistance I knew got the jobs in their first year and kept them until they graduated.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals after graduations and how can this job help you meet your goals?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Loyola University Maryland.

Interview

I was interviewed by the building director and two student employees who were working the position that I was applying for. The director was somewhat standoffish but it seemed that I had already been accepted simply from a recommendation.

Business Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

One time interview scheduled shortly after applying. Interviewed by employees and director of department, about 6 people. They also had a HR person who handles relationships between departments. Only down side is that I have not been able to hear about the position until they took down the posting from their websites.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loyola University Maryland.

Interview

The interview seemed legitimate, but on its surface only. I feel it has been predetermined based on where you come from. I was one of the finalists and my references have not been contacted even. A lot of BS paperwork required re: mission and such, that actually nobody cares about.

Interview Questions

• What kind of research you are planning to conduct?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

My interview process was quite brief, although I have herd others having to go through multiple rounds. It was primarily personality based assuming thought your resume reflected what it is you said you have done as far as past experiences. At the end of the day my interviewer was primarily concerned with competence.

Interview Questions

• Do you have ksao's for Microsoft packages (i.e. excel, access, outlook).   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Submit your application, then get an email from tutor coordinator and set up a day and time to interview. Meet at the tutor coordinators office. The interview lasted about 10 minutes and then was offered the job.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in December 2012.

Interview

- Universities are all about buy-in from other departments. You'll meet with your direct supervisor, your direct co-workers and people from other departments that your job will interact with on a regular basis.

Interview Questions

• There is a focus on mission and if you are not familiar with Loyola or it's mission during the interview process you will have a difficult time finding a job here. There will always be questions around mission such as:
      - Why are you applying for a job at Loyola and what about our mission inspires you?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not accept the first offer and they were open to negotiations.