Loyola University New Orleans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loyola University New Orleans Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.7

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans.

Interview

Applied via email. They replied within a week or so set up phone interview. Phone interview was easy, asked about background, responsibilities. They then set up and in person interview. Talked to two people then met a third. Was asked about tactics I'd take on specific projects. Overall very nice, informative.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult project that you had to manage.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in July 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was asked to come in for an interview the following morning. The interview lasted for about 50 minutes, and began with the interviewer asking me to describe my career experience in general, and then to talk about why I wanted this particular job. It was a fairly relaxed, one-on-one interview.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Went in to ask if they were hiring, they were and I had an interview on the spot and was hired on the spot. Very casual. More of a conversation than an actual interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans.

Interview

Phone interview first with 2 staff, then invited for a Full day of interviewing with multiple committees, students and faculty. Similar to other university interviews. Tiring and a bit repetitive. Best part was meeting students. Interviewers answered my questions about culture, work load, work life balance. Offered the job at the end of the interview day. Salary was comparable to national average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little back and forth , no wiggle room for salary increase. Always negotiate salary. worst they can do is say no.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

Just like every other interview process with the typical questions. The interviewer was very friendly throughout the process, which only lasted about two days and was completed in person and over the phone. Nevertheless, an employee referral really helped me get through with the process as quickly as possible. The interview went very well!

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had applied online and received an emailed response. An interview was set up with the Chief of Police at Loyola University, as well as with the Captain. Both were very polite and made me feel very comfortable during the process. After the interview I was scheduled for a psychological testing and for a health screening. As a police officer, I also had to have all of my current Louisiana P.O.S.T. certifications up to date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Loyola University?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was offered a job at the current pay rate and I accepted the job.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

No process, do well in class and ask the professor later. You will likely get the job

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

The professor picks you if they believe you have what it takes. You do not go to them, they come to you. They either send you to upper management or they themselves ask you in what way can you contribute. One of the options is to write for them. It really all depends on the professor and what field they cover.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to work for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You either take the pay they offer or you don't get the job.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

They went all out in the recruitment process. Dinner, wine, all expenses paid to fly across country for the visit, tour of the city. They are good at selling the dream!

Interview Questions

• What do the Jesuit values mean to you as a professional?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

We first had to submit a video, and then had group interviews- a group of candidates worked on a specific problem or game and interviewers walked around and took notes. The next round of interviews involved going into three separate rooms alone and being interviewed, each with about 5 people interviewing.