Lucas Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lucas Group Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lucas Group.

Interview

Easy but no calls returned after 3rd interview and scored well on personality test for what they wanted. To get this far should at least be met with a call or email when turned down.

Interview Questions

• Not much to it (typical questions) and personality test.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

easy to get an interview, but hard to stay in the company more than 5 years if you are a candidate recruiter only. To be successful, you have to run a full desk and be in a growth vertical like Accounting and Finance or Sales...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lucas Group (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied for Lucas Group and 4 of their top competitors in the Denver market. The interview process with Lucas Group was one of the worst I've been to for this type of position. I had an initial phone screening with the internal recruiter less than a week after I applied and emailed her directly. It lasted 5 minutes and she was quick to get me off the phone without answering my questions. My in person interview was scheduled within a week of the call where I met only one of the managers who spent 30 minutes going through my resume line by line asking about my every move since high school graduation. Nothing regarding personality or any room for me to give examples of my experience and successes regardless of my attempts to steer the interrogation and make it more of a conversation. At the end I had less than 10 minutes to ask any questions I had about the company, then he had to leave because he was late for another meeting. Not that I'm proud of this, but I refused to even write a thank you email after that one and simply let the internal recruiter know I wasn't interested after providing some feedback. I got offers from all 4 of the other competitors. Lucas Group provided a view into their culture and management styles so I steered clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucas Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The individual conducting the interview was cold, and seemed upset. Typical company that treats candidates like numbers and pay is low. I was offered all commisson. Come on what sales company dosent do base pay? We have bills!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lucas Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process meeting one on with in a closed space one on one. We discussed past jobs I have had, and what I am looking for in my new role. He described what Lucas Group offered and what a day looked like for a recruiter and what the pay structure was for a recruiter there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked my age during the interview and once this question was asked this person knew right away that he should not have asked this question. He said that he meant to ask what age range I was, which is not better. I used to interview people for jobs at my last role so I know that is it totally wrong to to. I am shocked that a person in a partner position at this company would ask this question.   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lucas Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Set up a follow up phone interview after reviewing the company when additional information was sent over by the recruiter. It was a brief initial phone conversation to elaborate on my resume.

Search Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lucas Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Efficient, tough questions, met with the Founder, Art Lucas and his son as well as the Managing Partner, the GM and some of the team. Everyone was extremely professional, candid, and smart.
    Had to take an assessment, they hired me anyway :). They kept the process moving and kept me engaged. I've had the opportunity to interview new search consultants over the years and we still keep the process moving to keep them engaged!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lucas Group in March 2016.

Interview

I initially contacted Lucas Group interested in their recruiting assistance to help find a job. During the process, I was recommended to apply as an account executive or recruiter within Lucas Group. Started with an over the phone interview with a corporate recruiter. He then told me I had to complete a personality test and forward him the results. He would then forward my information and his notes to the local Senior Partner who would contact me for an in-person interview. During the interview, the corporate recruiter talked negatively about me working towards a masters degree stating it would not be of any benefit for me in Lucas Group. I never received a call back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucas Group.

Interview

I was recruited to Lucas Grpup from a competitor and had a prior relationship with a LG employee so my experience is probably different than others. I had lunch with the managing partner and then met with several team-members in the office and had a phone interview with the CEO and had an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake you have made in business?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucas Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

apply, email to schedule a 3/4 hour observation "day in the Life" type thing, phone interview with a partner....its basically shooting the breeze to see if you are good on the phone, then observation day super casual interview, its just to make sure your not slow, then phone interview with C.O.O. very cool guy, just know going in that he is smarter than you,....seriously.

Interview Questions

• greatest strength and weakness question, don't for get to explain, give an example, the circle back up.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Draw, I needed more to live on until i filled my funnel