Lucid Software Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lucid Software Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Lucid Software

3.3

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

I started by applying online after which I got an online coding round 1 question with no time limits. After that, they asked me to schedule an online interview with the technical recruiter, the interview lasted for 2 hours and I had to code 3 questions in the language of my choice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lucid Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied online and got invited to do a 1 hour test, followed by 0.5 hour discussion on what I coded. The adminstrative part of setting it up was pretty smooth. I felt like the interviewer was pretty new to the interview or doesn't intimately know the exercise that was given to me.

Interview Questions

• Won't give away the problem, but I felt like it was kind of a mess. The email mentioned that it would be a problem solving exercise, so you should solve a few LCs/HRs to prepare. Valid tip, but the exercise was pretty far from doing a problem that you usually would with a tech company. I expected a collaborative session of me going through a problem and having the interviewer provide feedback in real. Instead, it really consisted of them copy and pasting a few problems and telling me they'd check up on me in a bit. My interviewer was also sharing their screen and I while working on my problem, their screen was still sharing so I could see them working on stuff. Kind of awkward TBH. I can't say the problems weren't fair, but I think it can be better executed. The length in which it requires to solve all their problems is in 1 hour, followed by the 0.5 hour discussion, really leaves no time to get comfortable and solve the actual problems fully.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in September 2019.

Interview

Approached them at a career fair. Applied online later and received an email and a zoom meeting invite for coding interview. The questions where pretty easy, and I don't think they expect you to completely finish the last question.

Interview Questions

• 3 coding questions where asked and I was given an hour to finish.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT).

Interview

3 Hours total on-site interview. Began with a 1-hour coding challenge that was to be completed by yourself. After implementing the solution you talk through it with the interviewer and answer some basic questions. The next hour was a white-boarding session with two other interviewers. The problems were pretty standard for an internship role, nothing crazy. The final block was another hour or so talking about design principles and architectural choices with two different interviewers. The latter two sections also had a bit of Q&A time available to speak with the interviewers.

Overall the experience was good, but aside from the last two interviewers, the employees I spoke with were unfortunately not very personable/easy to speak with, and gave standoffish vibes.

Interview Questions

• Given a target implementation, how would you go about designing a data model to best serve the purposes of the use case?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in February 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with about a dozen companies for internships, and these were by far THE NICEST people out of all of them.

I started out with an online coding challenge followed by 2 onsite interviews. The interviewers were very helpful, and it felt more like collaborative problem solving more than anything else. I arrived at the correct solution because of them. I think one of the reasons I didn't get an offer is that I needed a lot of hints. There was also another round involving my experience.

The recruiters were very responsive throughout and were kind enough to give me a call and tell me about their decision, and encouraged me to apply again next year.

Interview Questions

• Questions involving algorithmic time and space complexities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Jordan, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of three rounds. The first round was a coding challenge that consisted of 3 questions. First 2 questions are very easy, but the third one is time taking. They grade you on how many parts were you able to complete successfully. It requires sound fundamentals of coding and logic, also ability to code in a stipulated time. The second round consisted of algorithmic questions, there were two. And third round was resume review and class design questions. The interviewers are so great, they guide you throughout the process, and they want you to succeed. I was really nervous because I did not finish the third coding question which impacted my performance in the second interview, but with their right guidance, I was able to arrive at the correct solution. Don't be nervous and listen to the hints from interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiters on-campus, and asked them about their opinion about the company. I gave them my resume, did a HackerRank challenge. Went in for the on-site interview, totally bombed it. I found out that their internship is typically for Juniors and above. (And, they said that it's typical for sophomores to fail at the stage that I failed at).

Interview Questions

• I was asked to implement a class that used a callback function (in C++) to implement a buffer which read in a line, and printed it when the '\n' character was reached. (On checking later, JavaScript might have been a better language for me to use.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

I was asked to apply over email before a career fair. I applied after talking to them at the fair, then did an hour long interview over google hangouts that was essentially a coding challenge, wherein the interviewer literally hung up while I did it. A few days later, I did another hour and a half long interview, involving algorithms and object-oriented design.

They didn't make me an offer. It seems that they put me through the whole process because my resume seemed impressive to them, but turned me down because my skills were unrelated to the type of software they work on (which was all in my application). Bit of a waste of my time if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a model for a family tree application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and was invited to an on-site interview. They gave me an hour to solve some problems on a computer and then had me solve a problem on a white board. The people were super nice and it wasn't a super hard interview, I just really freaked myself out and couldn't focus at all. I was honestly surprised they continued interviewing after some of the mistakes I made.

Interview Questions

• just basic questions, they would have asked more if I had continued   Answer Question