Lucille Roberts Gyms Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lucille Roberts Gyms

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lucille Roberts Gyms (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy, answered an ad online and was contacted a few days later for an interview. When I got there I met with a manager and she gave me an application to fill out and a blank sheet of paper. I sat on the side by the desk and I filled out an application and wrote 10 questions I had about the job/company, then the manager went over my application and an associate went over the questions with me because it was busy. Overall it was a casual and comfortable interview. Was told I would be contacted if I was a good fit for the company, but weeks passed and I wasn't informed so I assume I didn't get hired. Despite this everyone was nice and made the interview painless and easy.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lucille Roberts Gyms (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Went in to apply with my resume and cover letter. Was called back a few days later for an interview. Sat down with the general manager and the management trainee. Was called back shortly thereafter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They want to ensure that the front desk staff is enthusiastic. You don't have to come in with a lot of knowledge about the fitness industry. There's plenty of on the job training. I think the interview is more so to get an idea of your personality as opposed to quizzing your skills. They asked very general questions like why I wanted to work at Lucille Roberts, what I knew about the company, and what my work ethic was.   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lucille Roberts Gyms.

Interview

I attended the branch in my neighborhood, and saw a sign on the door saying they were hiring. I filled out an application at the desk, and was called back for an interview a couple of days later. The initial interview was very basic, asking if I was a member, what I liked about the gym, my best qualities, my availability- the usual. I then got a call a couple of days later from another location in the area, asking for me to come in. The manager that I'd first interviewed with referred me to this location.
    I went into the second interview at the second location and after the same basic questions, I got a tour of the gym and was hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Lucille Roberts?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucille Roberts Gyms.

Interview

Interview was very laid back, and they made me feel very comfortable. I met with the manager and the owner. I applied online via email (sending my email in)

Interview Questions

• -What types of exercise I liked doing?
      -What specifically about LR made me want to work there?
      -How would I handle it if a male came into the gym, and how would I politely get them to leave?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Interview was very laid back and informal (The owner, manager, and I sat on yoga balls the entire time). I showed up about 20 minutes early, and waited. I applied on online (via email, by sending in my resume) and got a call in about a week to come in and do an interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• -What types of workouts do I like to do?
      -What specifically about LR made me want to work there?
      -CPR certified?
      -Past work experience
      -How would I handle a man coming into the gym? How would I politely persuade them to leave?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lucille Roberts Gyms (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

quick, simple and easy. They asked me a few questions regarding previous customer service experience. Went over pay and availability. no need to get dressed up. They explain the process for gaining commission and selling their product including nutritional products like wight loss shakes. Unfortunately there products dont really work so it makes you feel like a complete fraud.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had an encounter with difficult customer r   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucille Roberts Gyms (New York, NY).

Interview

I went into the gym and applied in person. Less than a week later I received a call from management to come in for an interview. The manager was nice, she sat down with me and went over my sales experience. Afterward, she discussed the position's responsibilities and gave me a tour of the gym. A few days later I got a call from the manager saying that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, rather be prepared to discuss you prior work history and why you would be a good fit for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lucille Roberts Gyms (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted my application and resume months before, Got a call. did a 10 minute interview the next day with the manager. Sat at the front desk then waited for a few minutes and got the job on the spot, started the next day. I originally interviewed and started as front desk and eventually became the assistant manager. After that there were no more growth opportunities because they keep a veryimited payroll with very few alloyed hours. Makes life difficult for Managment because they have no hours for desk, end up working over 40hrs every week and are not compensated for it

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lucille Roberts Gyms (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I really didn't receive much of an interview, it was more of telling me information about personal training/ general rules and then bringing me in. There is not much more to say about the manner. The rest that I state is just to have 30 words on more on the hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Not to clear on what they asked me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It seemed as if I didn't even have one.