Lumber Liquidators Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2018

1.9

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toano, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA).

Interview

I had a single in house interview with sales manager/director and a VP. They were on time and seemed to be very interested in hearing what I had to say about my background.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over anyone we interview for this position.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered a number and I accepted it. It was a low amount, accompanied by a promise of a 6 month growth period after which I would receive a promotion.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Most people hired here know someone already in the company and the process is anything but formal. I pretty much came in and it was handed to me. I witnessed some real interviews conducted there though and most of them are not overly analyzed, the job itself requires someone honest, friendly, and outgoing on the sales side which I eventually moved to and someone willing to bust their butt, move quickly, efficiently, and safely with vision in the warehouse. If you can do this then you'll not only get the job, but make some money

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Bolingbrook, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Spoke to manager and district manager. Was asked why I am applying, where do I see myself in X amount of years. Ask about my knowledge of the job. Was basically a conversation that took 30-60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

ASM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

10 minutes very informal on par with class of company--construction floor with other construction workers around--EXACTLY on par with the class of the company, they are having trouble hiring, ask for higher pay and hold out which will put the pressure on corporate team to treat employees like they work in USA not north korea

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toano, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

I met with several buyers, the Director and VP. It was a fairly relaxed interview asking typical questions. Interview lasted about an hour and a half total. This was a few years ago so management has changed and so has the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Had offer at another position

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in to speak with the Store Manager before my first day, just to meet him and my coworkers. It was great! I immediately knew that they were going to treat me like family, and I was right. They took me under their wing just as I'd been working there for the past year.

Interview Questions

• What does my schedule look like?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Light phone interview followed by in person interview with Regional Manager followed by interview with DVP. Fairly basic, par for the course in this position. Comfortable interview process. Interviews done in store break areas and back warehouse.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales experience.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Very quick and easy. Typical retail sales interview. Laid back and straight forward. Dress is business casual. Of course you want to show up on time. The regional staff will most likely do the interview and they are all very nice.

Negotiation

there is no negotiation

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toano, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online... Got a call from HR 3 weeks later discussing my pay, I had asked for more than they wanted to pay... Told me hours over phone and gave me a 10 min interview... Phone interview Friday called to set up in person interview monday.. Had interview on wednesday... Didnt get an answer for two weeks got an email saying going with other candidates and please apply for another position in the future

Warehouser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Easy two interview process applied via email got called in met my store manager, chosen out of a few candidates for a second interview met another local store manager for that interview pretty much knew the job was mine my coworkers were introduced Had to take a drugs test and background check and about Two weeks later i was working.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about flooring.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aaked for more told it would come soon