Lumber Liquidators Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lumber Liquidators Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

1.9

Would Rather Not Say Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators.

Interview

Very poor, as HR and hiring manager were not on same page as far as hiring timeline was concerned. Came to the conclusion and truly believe that the decision was already made prior to the interview. Perhaps the time provided a way that the interviewers could spend some down time.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Most people hired here know someone already in the company and the process is anything but formal. I pretty much came in and it was handed to me. I witnessed some real interviews conducted there though and most of them are not overly analyzed, the job itself requires someone honest, friendly, and outgoing on the sales side which I eventually moved to and someone willing to bust their butt, move quickly, efficiently, and safely with vision in the warehouse. If you can do this then you'll not only get the job, but make some money

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toano, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was just as any other CSR position in the call center. Example tell me about a complex call that you received and how did you resolve the callers issues?

Interview Questions

• Are you able to deal with a high volume of calls?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toano, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very quick and the entire process took only 8 business days. They followed up very quickly with the next steps and sent a formal offer via email. Once accepted drug screening was required.

Interview Questions

• What kind of working environment is ideal for you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators.

Interview

Simple interview, offer by phone, electronic acceptance of background check and urine drug test at a local facility then on boarding via email. Done in less than 72 hours. I was firm with my start date even though he pressured for me to start sooner

Interview Questions

• 45 minute interview where I went over my past experience and asked him questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non exisitant...$35k base take it or leave it

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toano, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA).

Interview

I had a single in house interview with sales manager/director and a VP. They were on time and seemed to be very interested in hearing what I had to say about my background.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over anyone we interview for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a number and I accepted it. It was a low amount, accompanied by a promise of a 6 month growth period after which I would receive a promotion.

General Employment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with the store manager and area manager to discuss employment with a potential to lead to manager. Both individuals were pleasant to talk to and very open to discussing what each position paid from sales, to Asst. Mgr., to Mgr. Also discussed job duties and expectations and the reality that each position would be 45-55 hours weekly. Looks like a good place to work with a laid back corporate culture and fun, albeit busy, work environment.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working for a starting wage far below my preference even though I would likely work up to store manager within a relatively short period of time.   1 Answer

Unfortunately, given my experience, I need to have a beginning starting wage higher than they are willing to offer.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toano, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online... Got a call from HR 3 weeks later discussing my pay, I had asked for more than they wanted to pay... Told me hours over phone and gave me a 10 min interview... Phone interview Friday called to set up in person interview monday.. Had interview on wednesday... Didnt get an answer for two weeks got an email saying going with other candidates and please apply for another position in the future

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Very quick and easy. Typical retail sales interview. Laid back and straight forward. Dress is business casual. Of course you want to show up on time. The regional staff will most likely do the interview and they are all very nice.

Negotiation

there is no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

the interview process was simple. it only took about a week, although the job was seasonal. I pretty much just stood in the middle of the mall at a kiosk. and they provided a laptop. the job was really laid back and chill. I did work with someone else in Monday's, it was kinda weird and cramped in the small kiosk though.