Lumber Liquidators Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2018

1.9

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toano, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA).

Interview

I had a single in house interview with sales manager/director and a VP. They were on time and seemed to be very interested in hearing what I had to say about my background.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over anyone we interview for this position.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered a number and I accepted it. It was a low amount, accompanied by a promise of a 6 month growth period after which I would receive a promotion.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators.

Interview

In the back room which is dirty, you'll notice that this is an unprofesional place right away. Manager looks like a butcher. Very easy process. 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lumber Liquidators?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They say there is room for negotiation but theres not there offer is there offfer. And the 40,000 they say youll make depends on alot of things such as overtime, incredible sales, and tips. You will not make 40,000!

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators in April 2012.

Interview

The process was a long drawn out affair. From the initial job application to the first response back from the company it took over 3 weeks. After having two rounds of phone interviews, then an in person interview and tour of the office, I waited to hear back from them regarding an offer. They kept stringing me along for nearly 2 months and then stopped communicating.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize assignments that had varying due dates and timelines?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Most people hired here know someone already in the company and the process is anything but formal. I pretty much came in and it was handed to me. I witnessed some real interviews conducted there though and most of them are not overly analyzed, the job itself requires someone honest, friendly, and outgoing on the sales side which I eventually moved to and someone willing to bust their butt, move quickly, efficiently, and safely with vision in the warehouse. If you can do this then you'll not only get the job, but make some money

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Bolingbrook, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Spoke to manager and district manager. Was asked why I am applying, where do I see myself in X amount of years. Ask about my knowledge of the job. Was basically a conversation that took 30-60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

ASM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

10 minutes very informal on par with class of company--construction floor with other construction workers around--EXACTLY on par with the class of the company, they are having trouble hiring, ask for higher pay and hold out which will put the pressure on corporate team to treat employees like they work in USA not north korea

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toano, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

I met with several buyers, the Director and VP. It was a fairly relaxed interview asking typical questions. Interview lasted about an hour and a half total. This was a few years ago so management has changed and so has the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Had offer at another position

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Rather straight forward. They will tell you its hard work but rewarding. They will tell you its family friendly. It is mainly decided by your personality. If you have a outgoing personality and do not act as if getting dirty bothers you its a plus. Dress to impress.I have worked for the company twice now. First time around it was a 1 on 1 interview. They have now started holding group interviews. Make yourself stand out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered an amount and told me it was non negotiable but the new hires are getting anywhere from 13 to 16/hr + bonus starting.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in to speak with the Store Manager before my first day, just to meet him and my coworkers. It was great! I immediately knew that they were going to treat me like family, and I was right. They took me under their wing just as I'd been working there for the past year.

Interview Questions

• What does my schedule look like?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Very quick and easy. Typical retail sales interview. Laid back and straight forward. Dress is business casual. Of course you want to show up on time. The regional staff will most likely do the interview and they are all very nice.

Negotiation

there is no negotiation