Lumos Networks Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 3 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lumos Networks

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lumos Networks (Richmond, VA) in Oct 2017

Interview

Initial Interview was handled by an HR professional. The professional was adapt at interviewing sales professionals and very professional and personable. I also interviewed with two levels of management with all levels being most concerned with building a strong organization and my success.

Interview Questions
  • What was the most difficult situation I've ever had to deal with?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lumos Networks (Richmond, VA) in Sep 2016

Interview

Process starts off with a call from an internal HR/Recruiter from Lumos. It's more or less just a short 30 min conversation to see if you might be a good match for the job. After that, I had a second phone interview with a different HR person. This one was more detailed as they wanted you to answer their questions by (1) Identify the problem, (2) What actions did you take to solve the problem, and (3) what was the outcome. After this interview, I had a 3rd phone interview with (1) HR Recruiter, (2) Hiring Manager, (3) IT Specialist. (I was told I would be working closely with the IT specialist which is why he was attending the interview). This was more of a "get to know you call" and a review of my resume. The sales manager then scheduled me for a face to face interview that would include him, the IT guy, and the VP of sales. I was basically told since I had got this far that the face to face interview was just a "formality" and also an opportunity to meet the staff. The impression was that I could most likely expect a job offer an the end of the interview. The night before my face to face interview was scheduled, the sales manager called me about 7pm and left a voicemail saying they decided to hire someone else. This was actually the 2nd time I've interviewed with this company and something similar also happened the first time. My advice to those who interview here? Don't believe a damn word they say until you actually have that job offer in hand. They'll tell you everything you want to hear to keep you going in the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lumos Networks (Waynesboro, VA) in Apr 2014

Interview

I had two interviews for different positions. Both were extremely quick (only about an hour), single room, one hiring manager and one HR representative. No unusual questions (no hard or probing questions at all really). Had feedback within 2 days and an offer by the end of the following week.

Interview Questions
  • The interview seemed much more focused on personality and fit than technical expertise. There were no brain teasers, no business cases, no in-depth technical questions, no coding tests.
3 people found this interview helpful