Lush Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lush Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lush (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy questions. Simple. Very laid back thought it went great. I have a bachelors degree, managing background and worked in retail at a high end store and they didn't give me the job...... As a sales associate..

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lush

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lush (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I went to a hiring party that was scheduled an hour before the store opened. We were shown a demonstration and had to administer the same demonstration with each other while people were interviewed during the demonstrations. As you can imagine, it was pretty rushed and although they staff was really nice, it could've been planned better. It's supposed to be an interview situation where people hire you for your personality and if you have 10+ people to interview in an hour, everyone feels like they have to hurry and that's not really fair for anyone involved.

Interview Questions

• "If you were to get this job, what is the one thing you'd be the best at/known for?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lush (Boca Raton, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview is a hiring event party where you mingle with the current employers & future employees. Basically it's for them to get to know you. And to see who has a really great personality or who is passionate about charities, environment and animals . Make sure you bring a copy of your cover letter and resume (have more than 5 copies of each). When I personally went to one, I made sure to interact mainly with the employees and the store manager. If you showed a good impression to a Store Manager, then you'll have a higher chance for a callback. The callback will be for a 2nd interview where they do a one on one demo role play and see if you can try your best to sell a product to a "customer" (employer). This one is a lot easier than the first, with this one it's you and the employer only. They inform you more of what they do: charities, organic products and interacting with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was sat down with the manager of the store and she asked me a few interviews, such as "Why do you want to work for Lush?" "What do you think you can add to our community" etc. Once that was completed, I was then asked to come back for the next step of the process. The next step involved me getting a mock process of how associates try to sell products to customers and then I was asked to do the same. I was asked to pick a few products and try to "sell" it to the "customer". Once that was completed, you are either told that you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• What is something you think you can add to our community at Lush?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lush (Bridgeport, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was a group interview of about 20-25 people. We did a stretch warm up and then went to two different stations to learn demos and sales. Then we had to do a demo on someone. Te manager pulled people out of the groups to do one on ones through out. That was it.

Then the second interview was a more in depth look at demos and how to do them well-- then we tried with a partner and were given feedback on how to improve then given another chance.

That's the gist of it

Interview Questions

• How would we deal with a bad day and still come to work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview. A large amount of people showed up so we were broken into about 5 groups of 5 or 6 people. Each group had a different task. The first was getting info about the company and explaining what ethic was our favorite, second we had to watch how the employee sold and demoed a massage bar and then we had to demonstrate it and also name three things we learned about our partner, third was a conversation about our availability, plans of how long we planned to be with the company, and had to sell something we had on us. The fourth was watching a demo and learning on the charity pot lotion then we had to demonstrate to another person. We also named any charity we had took part in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked a handful of questions and rated how well they liked my answers on a 1-5 scale as we went. After I was shown how to use 4 products and had to do a little roleplaying with one of the employees and try to make a sale. I had that one demonstration to memorize all of the ingredients in the products and recite them back during the roleplay session while still sounding natural.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

Got there about 15 minutes early, me and about 25 other people waited about 30 minutes past interview time because the recruitment team wasn't prepared. Finally got into the interview room(Lush store hasn't opened yet) they gave us nametags, split us up into groups of about 6 and had us to go four different "booths" where each specialized in a certain product. After that, we were interviewed by the MIT(Manager In Training) in groups of 3 then we demoed a product of our choice to our partner and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the difference between customer service and customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lush (Brea, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Well, i went in for the first time ask the cashier if they were hiring. She told me "yes, you need to bring a resume" by that time i had my resume ready with me. She ask me to do a demo and ask three questions. she told me they were going to call me for an interview after store hours. I came in and there was like other 20 people. they separates us into different groups and did demos to each other.

Interview Questions

• Whats your spirit animal? Which lush product describes you? Whats your dream job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

Emailed my resume and cover letter to the store. Got an email back inviting me to a hiring party. There were about 10 other girls. We spilt into pairs and did "demos" on each other. They just want to see that you're able to hold a conversation really and obtain information. The employees walked around listening while the manager held very short interviews outside. Was asked why do you want to work here, what would you do if your co-worker was in a bad mood, typical interview questions but really short.