Lush Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lush Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Lush

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

I went into Lush with my resume and an employee told me there'd be a hiring party a few days from then. I attended the hiring party, and there were SO MANY PEOPLE. The thing about hiring parties is that you really have to stand out, so even if it's not in your nature to be peppy and chatty (because that is definitely not me), you MUST stand out in the hiring party for you to get called back.

So in the hiring party, we were split up into three groups: Bath bombs, gifts, and skincare. We would rotate afterwards. In each section, an employee would tell us about the products and do a demo. They also asked for volunteers: make sure your hand shoots up if they ask. Another thing: they would award the most outgoing people with candies -- and they would ask who got the most candies in the end and make note of that.

After that, just make sure you talk to the employees. Show that you are very passionate about Lush -- and make sure you are educated. They are 100% against animal cruelty and animal testing, very eco-friendly, promotes individuality, and are into activism and charity,

Also, during the hiring party, an employee would pull each of us aside for a few minutes for a mini-interview. Asked things like, "Why do you want to work for Lush?", "Are you okay with doing demos?", and "What's your availability like?". Pretty standard stuff.

Three days after the party, I received a call for a second interview. I went into the store during store hours, and they pulled me into a back room. The interview itself was VERY relaxed, we even made small talk. They asked standard interview questions (make sure you're prepared!) and then we went onto the store floor to do some demos.

The employee demoed a product on me whilst telling me about the ingredients and the benefits. I then had to pretend that they were a customer and do the exact same thing to them. Make sure you're talking about the product, and really sell it to them. Do your best to remember all the ingredients they tell you about, and make sure you smile!

After that, it was over. I received my call four days after that! Now I work for Lush!

Just to recap: be very friendly, make sure you highlight your good points, cheeriness and smiles will get you a long way, and be outgoing and talkative (just don't overdo it.).

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an incident in your experience where a customer was not satisfied. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lush

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lush (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

large group interview, around 30 people. It was quite unorganized and took about 2 hours, we were split into 4 groups and had to go round 4 sections which involved doing a demo of a product on a sales assistant (talking about the product and explaining how to use it) then telling the group all about yourself after that we were each given a customer scenario and a basket and told to pick the best products for that person. We then had to create a product in our groups and present it to the 30 people plus staff that were there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      what can you bring to the role?   Answer Question