Lutheran Social Services of Illinois Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lutheran Social Services of Illinois Interview Questions

2.5

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

You interview once with a senior director, second with the senior and executive director, third with senior director and members of the staff at the respective property site. It takes approximately a month for the process of interviewing and finally being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work in a senior living facility   1 Answer

Assistant Prop Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

easy interview process with only a few questions and a basic test on emergency scenarios. small offices for the staff.; talked about training and can you work with a team.

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (Rockford, IL).

Interview

Straight forward. Had a phone interview that was basic questions about my background and work history. After the phone interview, went into the office for a ftf with several case managers. Ftf went well. Case managers were friendly and open to hearing you out. Asked typical STAR questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, and was called about a week later to come for an interview. The first interview went well, both interviewers were very friendly and was to speak with. I was very obviously nervous but they were both kind and easy to interview with, which made put me at ease as the interview went on. I was asked to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois.

Interview

The interview was at first over the phone- where I talked to my would be supervisor about the job position and requirements. I was then asked to come in. You came in to talk with all the staff in a round table style interview, which at times was very unprofessional and not job related. It was the oddest experience I have ever had with an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was specifically asked if I would be okay with them joking about children being sexually abused.   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a phone interview first then I came in two days later and had a interview with the Director of payroll and asks if I wanted the position. Then I meet with the Director of HR and the Director of Benefits because I would be work close with the directors and their staff. Making sure all I9 was filled out correctly and file in a save lock cabinet and when I audit the payroll make sure the employees benefits came out correctly. I also meet with representatives of Ceridian Solution let me know the days I would be taken classes on their payroll system and how to run reports for the trial payroll

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to learn how to do garnishment.   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (Des Plaines, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I had an excellent in person interview, then it went downhill from there.

The hiring manager contacted me directly via email in July. We talked briefly
    over the phone. I have over 15 years of corporate experience and right before the recession I ended with a nice salary that is typical for web developers. Because this is a non-profit organization, he seemed blown away by my salary range which is a typical range, he gave the impression that this job would barely meet my minimum needs.

I have been unemployed off/on for a very long time since the recession and just need a job at this point. I recently had some low paying temp jobs along the way so I figured no big deal.

Having said that he immediately set me up with an in person interview for
    later that week. The interview went extremely well, very relaxed, very conversational, no silly stupid quiz questions. Conversation was focused on my resume, experience, and the duties of the job.

I left there thinking there's a highly good chance I will get this job. I followed up a couple of times for the next couple of weeks with no response.

I finally got an email for the manager stating how qualified I am, how great my skills are, how great my designs are but yet he went with another candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (Marion, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very simplistic. I simply turned in my resume, and received a phone call to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was held by two supervisors who held positions directly above mine. I received a call the following day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very pointedly why I was interested in working in foster care.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. "Take it or leave it"

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (Des Plaines, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview. Group interview

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois in October 2009.

Interview

Began the interview process with a phone interview from the hiring director, in addition to an in person interview. Also, had a phone interview with the Director of HR for the company. After a week or so I was extended and offer and given a run down of the company benefits.