Lutron Construction Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Construction Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

This was the messiest, most disorganized interview process I have ever been a part of. I applied at the beginning of January, 2016. After the application, I was referred to a different opening, stating I wasn't qualified for the position I applied for. Okay, no problem. There were two phone screens, pretty basic. After the second phone screen I received a call from HR saying that they were interested in interviewing me for two positions, which I thought couldn't hurt my chances. 10 weeks later, they reached out again to set up an interview. 10 weeks. And this was only for one of the positions; I never heard about the other one. I went in with an open mind, because you never know what they have to go through on their end.

The interview itself was good. It was tough, but I had a good connection with the hiring manager and his team and overall got a good vibe. Everyone seemed very intelligent and driven. They seem very interested in hiring the right people.

The week following the interview, I received an email stating I was moving forward in the interview process. I uploaded my transcripts and references to help keep the ball rolling. Then, weeks went by. HR was completely non-responsive, and when I reached out I was met with a generic "I'll reach out the hiring manager, thanks" every single time. Finally, six weeks after my interview, I get a call saying that they would like to open a position for me, although it isn't the one I interviewed for. Simultaneously, the second interview for the other job never happened; it was filled without them interviewing me or telling me they didn't want to interview me. So, now I say I'm okay with this third position, because it sounds like a great opportunity and really have no choice. I'm asked to upload my transcripts, which I point out I did a month and a half ago. Another six weeks go by, and I have still heard nothing of this magical position they are supposedly opening for me. At the time of writing this review, it has been 21 weeks since I first applied. That's 5 short of half a year. It's also been about three months since my interview. Luckily, I have accepted an offer with another firm a few weeks ago.

HR desperately needs to get their act together. It was evident that they have absolutely no clue as to what is going on in their organization. I feel the need to remind them that they are not only interviewing potential employees, but potential customers as well.

Interview Questions