Lutron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lutron

3.2

Construction Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

This was the messiest, most disorganized interview process I have ever been a part of. I applied at the beginning of January, 2016. After the application, I was referred to a different opening, stating I wasn't qualified for the position I applied for. Okay, no problem. There were two phone screens, pretty basic. After the second phone screen I received a call from HR saying that they were interested in interviewing me for two positions, which I thought couldn't hurt my chances. 10 weeks later, they reached out again to set up an interview. 10 weeks. And this was only for one of the positions; I never heard about the other one. I went in with an open mind, because you never know what they have to go through on their end.

The interview itself was good. It was tough, but I had a good connection with the hiring manager and his team and overall got a good vibe. Everyone seemed very intelligent and driven. They seem very interested in hiring the right people.

The week following the interview, I received an email stating I was moving forward in the interview process. I uploaded my transcripts and references to help keep the ball rolling. Then, weeks went by. HR was completely non-responsive, and when I reached out I was met with a generic "I'll reach out the hiring manager, thanks" every single time. Finally, six weeks after my interview, I get a call saying that they would like to open a position for me, although it isn't the one I interviewed for. Simultaneously, the second interview for the other job never happened; it was filled without them interviewing me or telling me they didn't want to interview me. So, now I say I'm okay with this third position, because it sounds like a great opportunity and really have no choice. I'm asked to upload my transcripts, which I point out I did a month and a half ago. Another six weeks go by, and I have still heard nothing of this magical position they are supposedly opening for me. At the time of writing this review, it has been 21 weeks since I first applied. That's 5 short of half a year. It's also been about three months since my interview. Luckily, I have accepted an offer with another firm a few weeks ago.

HR desperately needs to get their act together. It was evident that they have absolutely no clue as to what is going on in their organization. I feel the need to remind them that they are not only interviewing potential employees, but potential customers as well.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very lengthy and in depth interview process, you are interviewed my numerous people (5+) and then each persons scores you as the process continues. If you a strong candidate you may be invited to lunch. The longer the process the greater your chances of getting an offer. Part of interview was role playing a sales scenario and giving presentation.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lutron in October 2017.

Interview

They contacted me to schedule a phone interview after filling out a long application asking for references and transcripts. To my surprise, the phone interview turned out to be entirely technical questions and they asked zero questions about me. For an initial interview where they don't ask about the person, I got the impression that they don't care too much about the people who work for them. Never a company I would choose to work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe the stress-strain curve and important characteristics.   Answer Question
    • They asked some general heat transfer questions about the 3 modes and asked me to describe them.   1 Answer
    • Asked in depth about manufacturing costs of different processes with tooling and assembly. Didn't give much info about what it was they were asking you to make so it wasn't clear whether this was a complex or simple part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Allentown, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview during which they asked some technical questions and went through my resume. Invited to on-site interview after two weeks. Had to give a presentation, went through one round of technical and one round of case interview.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how much energy can be saved if using a certain light bulb   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron in June 2013.

Interview

First I had a telephonic interview where I was asked basic questions about building a temperature controlled system. Then I was called in for a onsite interview.
    I had a technical presentation to presentation. Then I had two technical rounds where I was asked about my resume.

Interview Questions

• The out of the box thinking was very weird and unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

there was video link . after which the recruiter gives you number of scenarios in which you have to answer within a given time . After which they would contact you after an year. The questions would usually be general and nothing more than 5-6 minutes. mainly look on your approaches

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

Recruiter sent me an link and a specific code to login in the website. I am asked to answer several behavior questions and two technical questions. Questions are very general. It still includes some IQ tests. For example, one question is how to escape a 5-meters-deep well in the tropical rainforest.

Interview Questions

• Try to explain the difference between abstract class and interface.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

It was organized as a skype call interview . It lasted for 45 minutes. the overall experience was good. It was my first interview so I enjoyed it and took it as a stepping stone for future interviews

Interview Questions

• mostly brain teasers .
      any debugging experience? Experience with Linux? and questions on C   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron in April 2016.

Interview

I applied via linked in by contacting a recruiter. There was a phone interview with a senior engineer. After that I was called onsite for more interviews. There were 5 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a mobile app interface and how would you develop the backend code for the same interface. The interface was of a specific screen for a use case they described.   Answer Question
    • How would you solve a particular problem? Analyst the impact on the consumer. Non-technical problem related to reasoning skills and logic.   Answer Question
    • Role play. Given a particular scenario, how would you go about tackling that problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutron (Ithaca, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager first introduced himself and talked about the basics about Lutron. Then he asked me what kind of positions I was interested in and asked me my most recent project in details. Afterwards he asked me both a hardware and a software design questions. The interview process lasted for 30 minutes. I felt I didn't have enough time to really think about the questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about details of my most recent projects I've done.
      One question on hardware design
      One question on software design   Answer Question