Lutron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lutron Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2018

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

One initial phone call with a few simple questions such as salary and when you can start. Next, a second phone interview with one of the lead engineers, asking about background and skills. Invited to come in for a three and a half hour long interview. Talked to 6 different people. A few of the employees were rude and did not smile once. It made the interview awful. A month went by and I tried reaching out to one of the employees who interviewed me. No response. Emailed someone else and they sent my rejection email.

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview.
    The first phone interview was to make sure I have the requirements for the job. Second phone interview was a more like a technical interview, they wanted to know how much do I know. The In person interview was from 8 am to 4 pm, in my case it last 8 hours including a 1 hr break. It was definitely a challenge to be able to pass this interviews since it was one after the other and they seemed to get harder and harder. Overall it was a great experience, people seem very positive and happy about working at Lutron.

Interview Questions

• Describe how does an automatic curtain works. Draw a schematic of the internal parts of the automatic curtain without having any knowledge of the components.   Answer Question
    • Use Creo to draw a figure   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

First I had a phone screen for 20 to 30 minutes. After a couple of days, they called me in for an all day on site interview. You see a lot of different people and it is exhausting. There is also a personality test that you will need to complete.

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA).

Interview

After one short phone interview they asked me to come down to their headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. I spent all day there and interviewed with 7 different people. They have a very intense interview process and only hire 1 - 2 people a year.

Interview Questions

• The technical interview was difficult, ranging from network meshes to open ended network scenario questions.   Answer Question

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Interview

Had a great phone screen with the Recruiter and was excited about the next step, which was a CaliPer personality test that I took about two days later. Approximately four months later I received a form letter rejecting me. Oh well. I’m not sure why it took four months at that point, but based on other reviews I guess I’m happy I was spared the marathon interview process before the rejection.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview after submitting my application. Scheduled a date and time. Then was called 35 minutes late for the interview. During the interview it was pretty general questions then was told to do a role play to convince the recruiters child to go to your university. Went very well and got some feedback. Was told I was going to be sent an aptitude test to complete for on site interviews the following week(phone interview was on a friday). Wasn't sent the aptitude until the Tuesday. Haven't heard anything since.

Interview Questions

• How would your parents describe you?
      What makes you different than other candidates who applied for this position.
      Why should we hire you?
      What is a project you have worked on where you have lead a team?
      How would you describe your leadership style?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

It was quite relaxed. The interviewers were very nice and welcoming. It was at their main Cambridge office, which was impressive. It was approximately two hours and there was lots of time for questions at the end

Interview Questions

• Nothing that was too difficult was questioned. Mainly questions from coursework   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutron (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a phone interview. The questions where mostly behavioural questions. I honestly felt inadequate and kind of not very prepared. I ended up rambling about grad school which was not a good idea.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutron (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewer was 10 minutes late for the skype meeting. He was in a big hurry, asked me basic questions and left as soon as he could. Didnt asnwer any questions I had about the company

Industrial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

After attending a campus career fair and talking to a recruiter, I received a call to schedule an interview for the next day . All questions were technical based, mainly about manufacturing processes and problem solving.