Lutron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2018

3.3

Construction Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

This was the messiest, most disorganized interview process I have ever been a part of. I applied at the beginning of January, 2016. After the application, I was referred to a different opening, stating I wasn't qualified for the position I applied for. Okay, no problem. There were two phone screens, pretty basic. After the second phone screen I received a call from HR saying that they were interested in interviewing me for two positions, which I thought couldn't hurt my chances. 10 weeks later, they reached out again to set up an interview. 10 weeks. And this was only for one of the positions; I never heard about the other one. I went in with an open mind, because you never know what they have to go through on their end.

The interview itself was good. It was tough, but I had a good connection with the hiring manager and his team and overall got a good vibe. Everyone seemed very intelligent and driven. They seem very interested in hiring the right people.

The week following the interview, I received an email stating I was moving forward in the interview process. I uploaded my transcripts and references to help keep the ball rolling. Then, weeks went by. HR was completely non-responsive, and when I reached out I was met with a generic "I'll reach out the hiring manager, thanks" every single time. Finally, six weeks after my interview, I get a call saying that they would like to open a position for me, although it isn't the one I interviewed for. Simultaneously, the second interview for the other job never happened; it was filled without them interviewing me or telling me they didn't want to interview me. So, now I say I'm okay with this third position, because it sounds like a great opportunity and really have no choice. I'm asked to upload my transcripts, which I point out I did a month and a half ago. Another six weeks go by, and I have still heard nothing of this magical position they are supposedly opening for me. At the time of writing this review, it has been 21 weeks since I first applied. That's 5 short of half a year. It's also been about three months since my interview. Luckily, I have accepted an offer with another firm a few weeks ago.

HR desperately needs to get their act together. It was evident that they have absolutely no clue as to what is going on in their organization. I feel the need to remind them that they are not only interviewing potential employees, but potential customers as well.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very lengthy and in depth interview process, you are interviewed my numerous people (5+) and then each persons scores you as the process continues. If you a strong candidate you may be invited to lunch. The longer the process the greater your chances of getting an offer. Part of interview was role playing a sales scenario and giving presentation.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lutron in October 2017.

Interview

They contacted me to schedule a phone interview after filling out a long application asking for references and transcripts. To my surprise, the phone interview turned out to be entirely technical questions and they asked zero questions about me. For an initial interview where they don't ask about the person, I got the impression that they don't care too much about the people who work for them. Never a company I would choose to work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe the stress-strain curve and important characteristics.   Answer Question
    • They asked some general heat transfer questions about the 3 modes and asked me to describe them.   Answer Question
    • Asked in depth about manufacturing costs of different processes with tooling and assembly. Didn't give much info about what it was they were asking you to make so it wasn't clear whether this was a complex or simple part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Allentown, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview during which they asked some technical questions and went through my resume. Invited to on-site interview after two weeks. Had to give a presentation, went through one round of technical and one round of case interview.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how much energy can be saved if using a certain light bulb   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron in June 2013.

Interview

First I had a telephonic interview where I was asked basic questions about building a temperature controlled system. Then I was called in for a onsite interview.
    I had a technical presentation to presentation. Then I had two technical rounds where I was asked about my resume.

Interview Questions

• The out of the box thinking was very weird and unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutron (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

One round of interview in the College and 4 rounds of interview onsite. Had to present a project. Asked some technical questions. Also had a round of role playing. It was interesting. THe technical interview is the most important of all.

Interview Questions

• How Bulbs work? Power calculation and basic electric circuits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Met a representative at the College Career fair.
    Got a follow-up phone call for an on-campus 1:1 interview.
    The interview consisted of general questions about resume and 2 questions.
    1 technical and 1 non-technical.

Interview Questions

• An estimate of the number of people who showed up the relevant college career fair   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

I originally turned down an on campus interview with them because my GPA wasn't high enough according to the job description. The recruiter told me to interview anyway so I did. I must have done well because I was invited to the company for an on site interview.

I was flown out the day before the interview and had dinner with an employee and several other interviewees. We talked about what it was like to work there, etc.

The next day, I was taken to the headquarters and began the interview process. I sat in one room all day (with a pennant for my school outside, which was pretty cool) and different people came to me throughout the day to interview me. An employee also took me on a tour and we ate lunch in the cafeteria.

The interviews were pretty typical CS interviews, but there was also a role playing interview where I had to pretend I was actually working there and had to make fake phone calls to get help from people. It was kind of awkward at first, but kind of fun too.

Mid way through the interview, one of the HR women came in and told me that "they thought I was really smart, but that I was being too unprofessional." She suggested doing things like standing up when someone comes in the room and shaking their hand. I had done this with every single person that had walked in the room. I wore a dress shirt and dress pants instead of a suit, so that must have been a pretty huge strike against me since most of the people there were wearing ties to work.

Someone also came in at one point to go over my transcripts. They asked me why my grades were so low and acted like I mislead them (I had told them my GPA before I ever interviewed with them).

I was finally given a personality test to fill out and return when I was at home.

When I left there was only one interviewer left and the others had gone home earlier. On my way to the airport the driver told me that the people that stay late are usually the ones that he sees coming back with jobs.

I wasn't surprised when I didn't get an offer because of the way they treated me at the interview. I thought it was pretty rude and felt stupid when they told me I was unprofessional and my grades weren't good enough.

Interview Questions

• If you have 3 incandescent lightbulbs in one room and three lightbulbs in another, how can you tell which switch goes to which bulb if you're only allowed to walk through the doorway once.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

It was organized as a skype call interview . It lasted for 45 minutes. the overall experience was good. It was my first interview so I enjoyed it and took it as a stepping stone for future interviews

Interview Questions

• mostly brain teasers .
      any debugging experience? Experience with Linux? and questions on C   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

there was video link . after which the recruiter gives you number of scenarios in which you have to answer within a given time . After which they would contact you after an year. The questions would usually be general and nothing more than 5-6 minutes. mainly look on your approaches