Lutron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lutron Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

3.3

Industrial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

After attending a campus career fair and talking to a recruiter, I received a call to schedule an interview for the next day . All questions were technical based, mainly about manufacturing processes and problem solving.

Project Textile Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron in January 2018.

Interview

I received an email from the HR in Lutron with a link that invited me to apply for this position. I followed all the steps and got an interview from hiring manager scheduled soon. I was wondering I hadn't passed the phone screening yet. Actually, the interview turned out to be simple behavior questions from HR. He apologized for making misunderstood between us. Though he didn't make the state it clear, the conversation between us was nice.
    But I don't know why he found me, invited me to apply, and rejected me saying that I was not qualified for minimal requirements, which I guess is visa status.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

Recruiters came to my high school and then were interviewed for about 15 minutes along with about 30 other candidates. Received an email from the HR to come in for an in-person interview. The interview was easy, just some behavior questions and then a tour of the facility. Another email came a few weeks afterward for a round two interview. The second interview was with five different people, different supervisors. The interview went well, there was a simple IQ test they gave out. A few days later, got a call from the HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Bethlehem, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website, had a technical phone call and got called in for a full-day interview. Overall it was a very rigorous interview process that included behavioral, technical and role-play questions and touched on topics from material, thermodynamics and electrical engineering. I appreciate the time and care they took during the interview process and was overall really impressed by their employees. On-site interview included 5-6 interviews that spanned an 8 hour day.

Interview Questions

• What are the three main methods of heat transfer?   1 Answer

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

60 mins phone interview. 10 mins' resume questions and basic background questions. 2 technical questions in the following 40 mins. One is about operator overloading, one is about OOP questions. The interviewer was nice and the process is with pleasure. No following result yet.

Interview Questions

• One is about operator overloading, one is about OOP questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

I applied through the university career fair. Then I was asked to do an interview with them over the phone. They let me know the result about a week after. It was not a hard interview. The technical question was fairly simple. Be prepared to talk answer some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project you worked on that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron in November 2017.

Interview

Worst interview I have ever had, the interviewer barely spoke any English. She just kept asking me to implement fizzbuzz in different ways for 45 minutes. She was totally unable to communicate anything really, she spoke mostly in broken english.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Center Valley, PA).

Interview

I spent a whole day at their headquarters and was interviewed by at least 6 different people. One of the interviewers was more focused on their phone than the interview. She was also visibly sick with a cold, so that didn't leave a good impression.

Construction Design and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Interview

First there was a phone screening, then they will email you a link to test you have to take that will take about 2 hours. After that, they offered me an in-person interview where they flew me to the site and provided all transportation and hotel (with free breakfast).
    The day lasted between 8AM and 4PM. They sit you in a room for the day and employees will come and interview you.

Interview Questions

• There were no really hard questions, but there was a role play session where you "call" people to figure out the answer to a problem that you can't actually solve. They wrote down the order of people that I called, so that's important.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

I applied online and had a preliminary phone interview and then was invited to take a personality quiz online. I have not heard back yet but am waiting to hear the next steps. Both the personality quiz and the phone interview were not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Sell me on your university. What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question