Lutron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lutron Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.3

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

Three rounds - phone, skype, and on-site interviews. Total time frame, the process took roughly 4 weeks. Thorough process, will require a decent amount of time and work from applicant, but they were very friendly and accommodating throughout.

Interview Questions

• Expect to role play scenarios of troubleshooting equipment / dealing with end-users of the company's product. This drives home the point that this position will involve a high level of customer interaction and conflict resolution, beyond just the technical skills associated with resolving product issues.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lutron in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the company website the next day they send for me email to complete another application. Then, after one week I received email for phone interview. Unfortunately After three business days of the interview I received a thank you letter and I didn't complete for the next step.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I first had a phone interview followed by an on sight interview in Coopersburg, PA. The process took about 2 weeks. Overall, I would say I had a very positive experience. Interviewed in Fall of 2016

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are a working in customer support simulation   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersville, PA).

Interview

Very long drawn out interview process. Initial HR & hiring manager screening calls. Online IQ skills test. Submitting application with high school grades at a mid/senior career level seems strange. Onsite interview 2 months after initial contact second onsite interview 2 months after that. 2nd interview required 30 min presentation. No follow-up from HR after second interview very unprofessional. Headquarters is isolated and seems a bit cult like. Privately held company not doing it any favors. Campus looks like it's stuck in 90's beige cube land with clutter everywhere. Not much diversity. They shouldn't cattle call schedule group interviews, very unprofessional. Get rid of the sticky name badges and offer bottle water. They also keep you waiting for hours for the next person to come interview you. Until this company goes public or gets bought out run far away from interviewing here. Waste of time.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

After my initial phone interview, I was called in for a face to face interview where I was interviewed by four different people separately. Everyone was sincere and friendly. They talked with me about what they do within the company. Lutron has a great work life culture.

Interview Questions

• Are you a marathon runner or a sprinter?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Analog Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

It was a 5 min interview. They do not consider students on OPT. So don't waste time in applying. Moreover local candidates are highly preferred. I think they do most of the hiring from their university next door Leigh university.

Embedded Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lutron in February 2017.

Interview

Took a call interview. Basically asked me all the details on my resume. Mostly interested in C++ experience and RTOS. They asked how many years of experience I had with these. I got a reject via email.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 3 different phone interviews. They were all pretty relaxed and the interviewer actually seemed to be interested in all that you had to say. It was more conversational than anything.

Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I met the company at career fair and they told me to apply online and soon I was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had to take a test. I was then contacted to fly to their corporate headquarters in Pennsylvania for the second round interview. They had a car service pick me up from the airport in a fancy luxury car with a driver. Every time you are transported by them, they have a luxury car service pick you up. They give you a tour of the "experience center" to see all of their products in a home setting. After that, I gave a sales presentation over one of their automated shade products. Next, they did an interview/role play to test your problem solving skills by giving you a scenario and seeing how you work through it. Then you do another role play interview and then they have someone show your blueprints and they ask you what you think the symbols mean. After lunch you will be interviewed by three different VP's of the company. Some are nice and some are not so nice. For one of my VP interviews, the person coordinating the day told me "how well your interview goes will depend on what kind of mood he is in today." The day is very long and very exhausting. At the end of the week after all of the interviews, they put all candidate's pictures up on the projector in their conference room and review each candidate. I talked to someone else who interviewed for an engineering position and Lutron explained to him the significance of the color blue for 15 minutes, did not allow him to eat lunch, and made him miss his flight. He said his Lutron interview experience was the worst day of his life.

Interview Questions

• Not a lot of questions but more of a role play experience all day. The questions they did ask were behavioral for the most part. They also ask why you want to work for Lutron and why you want to do sales.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lutron (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, down-to-earth personnel that made me feel comfortable during the interviewing process. Extremely knowledgeable and informative. Helped me to enjoy the interview vice feeling overwhelmed and/or nervous. The technical based scenario questions were fun. Ended with good immediate feedback.