Lutron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.3

Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended the career fair at my school and submitted online applications to multiple roles. After a week or so, they replied and asked me to submit a more detailed application form for the sales role. I did, then got a phone interview. It was pretty much chatting with the the manager and he asked me to recommend my university to him. It went pretty well.
    Then, it was the personality test, to see if you are fit for a sales role. Passed that as well.
    Then, they scheduled me for a final interview at their headquarters in PA. It was very nice of them to arrange everything, car, hotel for the trip.
    The final interview consisted of a company tour, a sales presentation, a "role play" exercise and a series of interviews. It was a full day.
    They told me, I have to pass every single interview in order to get an offer, if just one person doesn't like me, then I'm out. Everything went well until I had an interview with a director or VP, he didn't think I am a good fit and all the interviews afterward got canceled.
    I was also told, they interview more than 70 people (final round) for 15 positions.
    You really have to show you have all the right skills and passion for a sales role.

International Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

it was my first on-site interview. Two week after the school job fair, I got the opportunity of phone screen. the role play part is hard. Overall it was a great experience.

User Experience Design Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview for 30-45 min. I was asked questions firstly around my resume, and by academic background, then asked me to give out more information about the current program I am in. Then they asked me about 1-2 projects, and we started a brainstorm session over the phone. They described a scenario and asked me to envision the user interaction and the interface to solve the problem.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Long interview process that spanned close to three months. First had an interview with a recruiter at a career fair. This was followed by a handful of phone interviews and eventually being flown to their headquarters in PA for an all day in person interview. After this, had a couple more phone interviews and then no response or communication for a few weeks. Eventually got contacted to find out that I did not get the position.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lutron (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Intense, many stages to go through as well as a lot of waiting to hear if accepted to next step. Started with online application/testing, online video interview, phone interview then onsite interview which was a long process

Customer Service/Field Service/Integrated Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied via Indeed posting for CS position. Phone call within a week to set up phone interview. Basic screening questions with a recruiter. A few days later received an email with a link attached inviting me to participate in a pre-loaded, self-directed video "interview" which I needed to complete within 60 hours of opening the link. I'd never heard of this type of screening process so contacted my professional networking groups to get some input from any who had tried it. Nobody who responded had ever done one. I disliked the idea that you could edit your responses until you were happy with them before responding - hardly an interview! I responded back to the HR specialist named on the email explaining my concerns and respectfully requesting that our next step be either an in-person or Skype interview. I fully expected to be ignored or rejected at this point, but the very next day I got invited on-site for my interview! The email told me what time to report but gave no indication of how long I could expect to be there. Only because I had done Glassdoor research did I know to expect to be there all day. What an amazing experience! Even if you don't think you want to work here or think you might be over- or under-qualified, apply anyway. It is the single greatest interview experience you can give yourself IMHO. Yes, it's a long day. And yes, if you don't make it to lunch you won't be offered a position, but just for the interview practice alone, it's worth it. I met with a total of 8 people from at least 4 departments. Turned out I was being considered for 3 different positions. First phase of my interview was to take 2 assessments - one very general, and one fairly technical. May not be the same process for all positions. Each candidate spends the day in his/her private small conference room and interviewers come in at fairly regular intervals. Treated to lunch in their cafeteria with an HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Role-playing scenario with CS team. Easy and fun.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you did something wrong and how did you correct it?   Answer Question
    • Remember that your lunchtime, regardless of how casual it appears, is not "off the record" time. Stay in interview mode all day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make offers in person. Present at my meeting were the HR Rep I had lunch with, the person who would be my direct supervisor, and his direct supervisor. Salary offer was in the range I was looking for. Vacation was standard - 2 weeks starting the 1st of January following your hire date. My offer came in late Sept so no vacation in the current year, but 2 personal days. They wanted me to start in 6 days from the offer date. I was looking for something closer to 4 weeks, and hoped they would wiggle a little on salary or time off to get me to start sooner. They did not budge on either one. Two days later I accepted the offer as presented, but stuck to my original start date of a month later.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an offer from campus career fair. Got an email later that there would be another phone interview with HR. Questions from on campus isn't too difficult. They seem to like me so they appoint me for another interview. They let me book the time and suff

Interview Questions

• Write code (pseudo on microcontroller ) to turn on or off light bulb using bouncy push button   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutron (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

They selected me for an interview via emails. They asked for a time that was convenient for me then sent me a email based on that time to have a phone interview

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutron (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Met at career fair. Tough interview with case studies. Started out with general questions, going through work experience, very discussion like. But then moved into different case studies where I had to do things like arrange the order of processes to do, and figure out how many workers would be needed and optimizing timing of manufacturing. Nice people, but strange (was my first interview but now after having others I realize how hard this one was)

Interview Questions

• How would you arrange these steps in a manufacturing process from concept through production run and sending to customers etc.   Answer Question

Technical Applications Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Very long process. Two phone screenings and a digital interview led to a phone interview, two in-person interviews, 3 skype interviews, and a final phone interview. All references were vetted. HR department thoroughly reviewed application and resume plus feedback from interviewers. When I joined everyone in management seemed to immediately know my name so you could tell you are heavily discussed.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a company?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer
    • They did a mock phone support call.   1 Answer
    • What attracted you to this job in particular?   1 Answer
    • Will you feel satisfied in this role?   1 Answer