Lutron Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lutron Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I first had a phone interview followed by an on sight interview in Coopersburg, PA. The process took about 2 weeks. Overall, I would say I had a very positive experience. Interviewed in Fall of 2016

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are a working in customer support simulation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lutron

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron in April 2016.

Interview

I applied via linked in by contacting a recruiter. There was a phone interview with a senior engineer. After that I was called onsite for more interviews. There were 5 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a mobile app interface and how would you develop the backend code for the same interface. The interface was of a specific screen for a use case they described.   Answer Question
    • How would you solve a particular problem? Analyst the impact on the consumer. Non-technical problem related to reasoning skills and logic.   Answer Question
    • Role play. Given a particular scenario, how would you go about tackling that problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I have applied through requiter, Its took 1 week. Interview was good. I am not sure why they didn't call me for face to face interview...I am giving below whole 45 mints discussion:

Interview Questions

• 1. Interviewer informed me about himself and Lutron.
      2. Ask me about myself, like about my B.Sc, M.Sc and job experience and why switch from one company to another company.
      3. Design pattern: Strategy and Command
      4. Multiple Inheritance
      5. Relation between inheritance and interface
      6. Multi-thread ? How to execute multiple thread at a time?
      7. Garbage Collection ?
      8. IOS experience about Objective-C
      9. Android application, mobile programming in eclipse.
      10. which database did you use in Android application.
      11. SQL- store proc experience
      12. Do you have any questions?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutron (Ithaca, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager first introduced himself and talked about the basics about Lutron. Then he asked me what kind of positions I was interested in and asked me my most recent project in details. Afterwards he asked me both a hardware and a software design questions. The interview process lasted for 30 minutes. I felt I didn't have enough time to really think about the questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about details of my most recent projects I've done.
      One question on hardware design
      One question on software design

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

there was video link . after which the recruiter gives you number of scenarios in which you have to answer within a given time . After which they would contact you after an year. The questions would usually be general and nothing more than 5-6 minutes. mainly look on your approaches

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

Recruiter sent me an link and a specific code to login in the website. I am asked to answer several behavior questions and two technical questions. Questions are very general. It still includes some IQ tests. For example, one question is how to escape a 5-meters-deep well in the tropical rainforest.

Interview Questions

• Try to explain the difference between abstract class and interface.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Allentown, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview during which they asked some technical questions and went through my resume. Invited to on-site interview after two weeks. Had to give a presentation, went through one round of technical and one round of case interview.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how much energy can be saved if using a certain light bulb   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron in June 2013.

Interview

First I had a telephonic interview where I was asked basic questions about building a temperature controlled system. Then I was called in for a onsite interview.
    I had a technical presentation to presentation. Then I had two technical rounds where I was asked about my resume.

Interview Questions

• The out of the box thinking was very weird and unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lutron (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

It was organized as a skype call interview . It lasted for 45 minutes. the overall experience was good. It was my first interview so I enjoyed it and took it as a stepping stone for future interviews

Interview Questions

• mostly brain teasers .
      any debugging experience? Experience with Linux? and questions on C

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Met a representative at the College Career fair.
    Got a follow-up phone call for an on-campus 1:1 interview.
    The interview consisted of general questions about resume and 2 questions.
    1 technical and 1 non-technical.

Interview Questions

• An estimate of the number of people who showed up the relevant college career fair   Answer Question