Luxottica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Luxottica (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took a total of three days. Put in my application and then had an interview with store manager on the first day and the trainer the next. It was a very easy process. Not an interview to get stressed out about. The employees that I had an experience with were very positive and easy-going.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Luxottica.

Interview

This was pretty easy, the interview was pretty easy going. The manager was super nice and made it very easy to talk to. I got a call to schedule an interview and the process was super easy after that.

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Luxottica.

Interview

They reached out quickly after I submitted my resume, and we completed a phone interview. Afterwards, they were eager to schedule an in-person interview, but then rescheduled several times, which made it difficult to manage on my end with my current employer. After my in-person interview finally took place, I never heard back from them, even after following up with the team I met with. I assume I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about specific performance metrics for marketing initiatives I worked on at my current employer.   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Obetz, OH

Interview

I received a call from the HR Manager regarding a management position for the Obetz, Oh location and was extremely excited when I heard about the company and the position. I interviewed with a Sr Manager for approximately 3 hrs and thought everything went great. Almost 3 weeks went by and I followed up with the Sr Manager to see if I was still in the running for the position (He told me it would be roughly 3-4 weeks before I heard anything) During the follow up call, the Sr Manager told me he wanted me to meet with him again along with one of the VP's. He told me the HR Manager would be in contact with me to set up a time. Approximately 2 weeks later, I heard from the HR Manager and we scheduled a time for the 2nd interview. So...time for the 2nd interview. I get to the Obetz, Oh facility at the designated time where nobody is waiting for me. One of the employees was gracious enough to let me in the door, had me sign in, and I waited. Another employee asked if I had been helped, I said no and told her who I was supposed to meet so she walked off to retrieve the Sr Manager. 15 min later, the HR Manager came by and asked me if I had been helped. I told him who I was and who I was supposed to meet and he said he was the one I spoke to on the phone. He said the Sr Manager had the information on his calendar and he would go retrieve him so we could begin the 2nd interview. 10 minutes later, the HR Manager comes back and said he was just notified yesterday morning that the Sr Manager and the VP decided to go with another candidate and he neglected to call and tell me the information. Really??? Something just isn't quite sitting right. You have me wait 15 min for an interview that isn't going to happen and then, when you hear who I am you have me wait another 10 min just to tell me the position is already taken and you forgot to tell me? Sorry. Wow!! Excellent HR skills bub!! Wouldn't you have just told me that when you found out who I was? Seems that either HR really has no skills what so ever or they like to flat out lie to people. Looking back, I'm glad I am not working for a company that would treat a prospective employee in this manner!!! It would have been nice to hear from the Sr Manager, whom I interviewed with for 3 hours, that the position had already been taken. Better yet, It would have been nice to hear from anybody that the position had already been taken rather than wasting my time. I would strongly recommend not pursuing a career with this company seeing the way they treat people.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luxottica (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I initially emailed the Regional Manger through LinkedIn. I got a reply within the first 24 hours. Regional Manager was very professional. Interview was 1 hour. I enjoyed the interview and asked a lot of questions ( which all were answered honestly and without hesitation). I received an offer a few days later; which was followed by a background check. I accepted the offer and started working for Sunglass Hut 2 weeks later. The interview process was text book. I had a great first impression with the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you define a successful Store Manager?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Luxottica.

Interview

One case interview, one behavioral interview. Case interview is about Homedepot. Many SKUs. By analysis, I was asked to reduce the number of SKUs and give reasons to do that. Behavioral interview was normal. No surprises.

Rotational Program Interview

Interview

They went through my University's recruitment process. I was contacted after a job fair and interviewed with them. Before the interview a representative from the company came to tell us about Luxottica and the position that we were interviewing for. The interview went well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Luxottica in February 2015.

Interview

Just know the company, all the brands in its portfolio, its values and history. It was an on campus interview and then a on site one as well with a couple of people. First interview was high level and second was more job specific. First part was more of a conversation and the second round had a problem solving aspect to it. So they wanted to see the different sides of you.

Interview Questions

• Why Luxottica? What are its values? What are your strenghths and weaknesses? Tell us what you know about Luxotttica.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luxottica (Port Washington, NY).

Interview

I applied online and recieved a message 2 months later from HR regarding my resume. I followed up not once but twice that week only to never recieve a call back. If that's how the company is represented thanks but I'll pass. Not surprising that the position is still open months later.

Interview Questions

• There were none; HR left a message to call them back then did not return calls.   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luxottica (Novi, MI).

Interview

It was a group interview and a complete waste of time. They asked stupid questions such as if your life was made into a movie who would you pick to play you. The managers didnt seem like they knew what they were doing which is why they are always hiring new employees and managers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was name a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy.   Answer Question

It seemed as if I would not get that many hours.

See What Luxottica Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Sales Consultant in Napa, CA

Pros: “As a entry level worker I had no idea what to expect. In fact I knew nothing about Sunglasses. I was determined to be a really good worker wherever i got hired and that's the exact...”“As a entry level worker I had no idea what to expect. In fact I knew nothing about Sunglasses. I was determined to be a really good worker wherever i got hired and that's the exact mindset you're going to need going into this job. My managers were the best people I could work with. They were extremely nice, talented, and knowledgeable. It is a fun job but it is required you take it seriously while having fun. You are to make sure you tackle communication with customers which may be intimidating, but once you get to talk and learn about the customers it is actually very fun. Leaving purely for business ($) reasons. Otherwise i would have never ever left the very fun environment.” – Full Review