Luxury Retreats Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Luxury Retreats

2.7

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

process was not at all as I had expected there was no actual flow to the interview I have nothing more to say it was very unclear I was there for an internship but I think they where expecting some one with more experience then me

Interview Questions

Luxury Retreats Response

Jan 19, 2016 – Human Resources Director

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Though our internships don’t require as much as experience as other positions, we still try to determine relevant experience whether... More

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Extremely informal and borderline unprofessional. 2 separate interviews were had. Zero ACTUAL benefits (a small gym doesn't compare to health/dental coverage or RRSP contributions) and zero flexibility on salary. Salary was not discussed until offer was made, despite attempts to bring it up earlier.

Interview Questions

Luxury Retreats Response

Feb 7, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for your review - we appreciate you giving us insight into the factors that contributed to not accepting your job offer. Luxury Retreats has a range of benefits for our team, which does... More

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, was then contacted by email to schedule phone and in person interviews. Most of those I interacted with were NOT qualified to hold their positions. Unorganized, uninformed and unclear communications throughout. Staff seemed confused, looking at their LinkedIn pages it became clear that this was the first HR position for most of their staff. Very high turn over in their management structure, would advise serious candidates to stay away, despite possibility for a decent outcome, much more likely to get caught up in the childish mess.

Interview Questions

• How my current role played a part in my decision to apply (humorous considering they had a different CV in their hands while interviewing me)   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Email Submission, Phone Interview, In Person Interview.

Person scheduling interviews via email was very disorganized. Person doing the initial phone screening was far less than qualified to do so. Second phone interview was cancelled less than 10 minutes in advance saying that they had found the candidate but wanted to consider me for another position. Never heard back about anything from them. Previously interviewed with them in a process that took weeks, lack of follow up, and every one of my 3 interviews with them they've had the wrong resume. Overall, HR team seems to be quite lacking in experience, at least those I dealt with. Unorganized and incompetent... thought it would have changed now that they were bought by Air BnB but seems that they are still tearing through staff and unable to keep good upper management. Won't be reapplying to any future positions.

Interview Questions

• Not a single question that wasn't already on the resume provided. Nothing insightful was asked.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting agency.
    I had a phone interview with them. They were late, they called 30 minutes after the meeting time. It lasted for 15 minutes, they asked about 5 soft skill questions. I didn't answer anything that would compromise an onsite interview. But they said it was a problem of personality fit. 5 by the book soft skill questions... it's a software developer position. Seriously? No technical questions at all.
    The person was disrespectful from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

Luxury Retreats Response

Jan 5, 2016 – Human Resources Director

Thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback.

We're sorry the process did not reflect the positive experience we want for all of our candidates.

We are looking to build very specific... More

Ad Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. One was HR, other was subject matter expert. The interview was thorough but mostly questions on the surface. The blocking was definitely the salary and when faced with a higher expectation, they asked if I was ready to accept lower than what I was earning.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats.

Interview

Very informal interview, it feels like they are screening more for personality rather than skills. The company hires friends ans family first so its easier to find someone to refer you.

Dec 16, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review!

Fitting in with company DNA is definitely a part of the screening process - though not the only part.

While every company rightfully gives a bit of extra attention to... More

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

The day after I applied online someone from Talent Acquisition added me on LinkedIn (not very subtle, good thing I don't have updates published otherwise all of my colleagues would see I just added an Talent Acquisition rep as a contact) and messaged me to set up a phone interview for later that week. Went well, very positive feeling as they said my education and experience were a good fit for the position. They confirmed that I'd be willing to relocate to Montreal for the position and asked if I was available for an in-person interview the next week.

I traveled from Toronto to Montreal for the interview, got a tour of the office and spoke with the TA contact that spoke to me over the phone, as well as a more senior HR manager. Overall, the feeling was still positive and they were able to give me more details on the position that hadn't been explained before. The Talent Acquisition rep said to forward him the receipts for my Uber ride from my hotel to the office, and that they'd be happy to reimburse me for it. Appreciated the gesture, though $30 in Uber fares wasn't much compared to my ~$200 VIA ticket and hotel.

As I left, they said they would definitely be in touch soon and I had a good feeling about where things were headed. I followed up with a thank you message on LinkedIn Messenger (never got anyone's email address) the next Monday...and never heard back.

Bottom line; I took a day off work, spent money on a train ticket, hotel and Uber rides for an interview and not only did no one contact me to say I hadn't been selected, they never even reimbursed me for the tiny part of my travel expenses they offered to. Lesson learned.

Interview Questions

• What hotel industry metrics would you use to determine and drive success?   Answer Question

Feb 7, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. Following up after an interview is a standard part of our interview process, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We’ll... More

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

HR interview ( in person) . I was hesitant about going in for the interview because of all the bad reviews. I think the picture they painted of the company was accurate.
    Lots of work, fast paced, changing priorities, aggressive schedules, high turnover.
    Perks are as expected from a well performing startup.

Interview with Director (in person). Firm yet friendly. Was ambiguous about product direction. Engineering department seemed to lack guidance and modern process. But they seemed aware of these issues and were working on improvements.

Overall a good interview vibe. They led me to believe i was a front runner, but then radio silence.

Interview Questions

Luxury Retreats Response

Dec 14, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thanks for taking the time to send us your review. We appreciate the feedback.

As you mentioned, we do have a very fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. It’s safe to say it’s not for the faint... More

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Luxury Retreats (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I went through in total 7-8 rounds of phone and in-person interviews with various senior management and team members from both Luxury Retreats and Airbnb, which I understand is typical hiring process. The interviews covers both the technical and skills experience and culture fit i.e. knowing Airbnb core values are important.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you go about expanding the portfolio in a new market?   Answer Question