Lyft Customer Experience Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Customer Experience Team Lead Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who scheduled me with phone interview with hiring manager. They then scheduled me for an on-site visit (which was out of pocket cost for me to fly in, but they provided $75 in Lyft credits for transportation). At on-site visit I had back to back interviews with two leaders and two peers. They also provided a presentation prompt a couple weeks before and I prepared a presentation to give to everyone I interviewed with, plus another leader and another peer. I would suggest being really prepared and giving specific answers to questions. It was an exciting experience for an extrovert, but may be a really grueling for someone who isn't as comfortable meeting lots of people and speaking in public. The team is very, very friendly and I felt at-ease speaking with everyone. They called me that evening and made an offer, which I accepted!

Interview Questions

• How would you coach an individual who needs improvement?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quickly after submitting my resume, received a call from the recruiter to get an idea of my experience/management style/etc. By the end of that day, had two phone interviews scheduled for that week. Both went well. Between those two and the final interview, I also had an onsite interview for 2 hours, consisting of 4 different people, and finally a last onsite meeting which was a presentation and Q&A. It was an extensive process, however I really enjoyed speaking to each person and I can really tell that Lyft is interested in who they are hiring and they are determined to find a true fit.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you are not getting in your current position (that has led you to look elsewhere)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Intersting.

I started off with a phone screen - onto a phone interview - and then my first interview at their new Nashville office.

The interview was different... 3 people - fifteen minuets per interview and all separate. It was very unorganized, and they didn't seem very engaged in the task.

I reviewed an email from a recruiter later that evening asking me to schedule another interview that was a presentation.. 30 Minuets that included questions/review time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to be "Lyft"   1 Answer

Customer Experience Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter gave a run down on what lyft was all about then she moved me forward . Scheduled me for the next day with two team leads . 30 minute phone interviews with both

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lyft   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The Recruiting Team at the Lyft office in Nashville, TN was incredible every step of the way. They made sure I understood every step in the process and always kept me in the loop. I had several phone conversations before moving to an in person interview with a Customer Experience Manager. From there I went back on site for interviews with 5 to 6 individuals and I then had to deliver a presentation in response to a prompt they provided.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I received an email after applying online to schedule a 30 minute phone call with a recruiter.
    Following the conversation, I was invited on site to meet with managers for a 45 minute interview.

A third interview consisted of five 30 minute meetings and a 30 minute presentation with a prompt I had received the week prior.

The final interview was onsite to discuss and better tailor the role that I would be in.

The interview process itself is very thorough, but it reflects on how the company is trying to find the right fit and culture when hiring additional team members.

Overall, the interview experience was very positive. The Lyft team was approachable and made me feel comfortable as soon as I walked in.

I received an offer a couple of days following the final interview, which I accepted!

Interview Questions

• How would you coach a team member that needs improvement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great, from start to finish. Chris, Kelly, and Lindsey on the recruiting team did an awesome job of making me feel welcome and prepared, and I always felt clear on when to expect the next step/communication. My process included a phone interview and two on-sites (the second included a presentation). The interviews themselves were pretty casual, and the interviewers seemed more interested in getting to know my individual strengths rather than just checking boxes. It really set the tone for my first few weeks with Lyft.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Most of the interview questions were not too difficult. The first interview was a phone screen. The recruiter cancelled the phone screen appointment shortly before it was to start. I passed the phone screen and had an 1.5 hour interview on site. The recruiting coordinator provided good instructions on where to go for the interview. Parking recommendations were given; however, I was not told that the parking lot charged $10 an hour. I made it to the final round of interviews. This interview was 2.5 hours. There were a few technical and scheduling concerns that happened on their behalf. After answering interview questions for 2 hours, I delivered a 30 minute Power Point presentation that I created. They provide you the prompt for the presentation when you are offered a final interview. I received notification via email that I was not chosen for a position. I thanked them for their time and asked for feedback. I never heard back from them. I know that it's common to not receive feedback; however, I was hoping to hear something after all the time and effort I invested during this interview process. My salary requirements and their salary for the position were never discussed. I did hear that the positions generally have low paying salaries.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in January 2018.

Interview

The team was energetic and put me at ease. The questions helped to highlight various facets of my skilled. The interviewers made me feel like they were really interested in me.

Interview Questions

• How do you flex your leadership style to be able to effectively communicate company goals with a multi-cultural team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

Interviewing with Lyft was a great process. There were several rounds of interviews focused on core values, culture, philosophy, and work experience. Really casual conversation. Lyft stands behind their core values and seems to really want to bring people in who will mesh well. I was stoked! The recruiters kept me in the loop the whole time.

Interview Questions

• What's your leadership philosophy and how do you put it into practice?   Answer Question