Lyft Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in January 2018.

Interview

Sat in a group and viewed a presentation. After that, I was taken to a big room with current employees in that were sat 2 to a table, the interviewers all were assigned to a table with two employees by name. The whole process felt really rushed, and honestly kind of judgey. Seemed like you had to be a certain "image" to fill the role, and if you didn't meet that image while talking to only two of the employees out of 700+ you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst lyft experience? If a customer called you with that same experience, how would you deal with it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied in February and finally heard back from Lyft in June. I went to a networking event and had to pay $29 to park and I did not like the event as I found it very unpersonal and difficult to talk and interact with the recruiters as there were many others that had applied to the event.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

I got an email asking to fill out a quick assessment on how I would respond to a customer's problem. After that I went in for a hiring event. We first sat down and learned a little about the company, it's values, and what they're looking for. First we spoke to two associates and then went into a different room with another associate to do a brief role play on the phone. A team lead came into the room and then asked some basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your brand in 3 words   1 Answer
    • What do you look for in a job   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Phone interview, interview in person with two people. The phone interview was authentic inquiry into who I was, the second one felt very rushed - it seemed like I took too long to give answers and the people receiving my answers weren't necessary listening to my answers. They were ready to ask the next question before I was finishing my answers.

The first person I interviewed with seemed to want to see how I fit into the role I was interested in. During the second interview, we all sat in a room being encouraged to be ourselves. I'm very authentic myself and sensed that the two people interviewing me were overwhelmed by my energy. While I appreciate the process, I think this team is still pretty new and you could potentially experience some of the things I did without them being intentional from the interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

There is an initial phone conversation making sure you are qualified. From that conversation come a first round interview-- mine over the phone since I didn't live in the location. After which is a 3 part second interview with 3 different people. The third and final interview is a scenario based interview.

**very encouraging staff, almost too encouraging. Felt as if I was going to be offered a job only to be declined via email. Word to the wise, don't be too confident.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would be an asset to the Lyft company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lyft in June 2016.

Interview

It was a fun group setting followed by a speed round of get to know you questions and an email response. Though the speed round, I thought, was a little unfair to truly learn the skills of candidates, I understood the email aspect of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a 15 min phone conversation then I was asked to schedule an onsite interview for the following day.

The onsite interview started with a group activity where you asked your partner questions and explained to everyone their response. We were then separated into our own rooms where we met with three different interviewers. They were all really nice and easy to talk to. After the third interviewer finished with their questions we had a writing assignment where we wrote back to an angry customer. Thirty minutes after I left I was asked to come back the following day for another onsite interview.

At my third interview I was introduced to three different people. The first interviewer had me go through two phone scenarios where I pretended to talk with an angry customer. Then the last two interviewers asked me conversational and behavioral questions. I was called back the next day with an offer.

Overall, I can see why some people rate this interview as difficult. It is challenging but if you really are a good fit they will see it in your personality. My favorite part about Lyft was how different and challenging the interview process was but at the same time everyone was so friendly that it made me very comfortable.

I LOVE LOVE this company and i can't wait to start working here!!

Interview Questions

• what are three words you would use to describe yourself?
      What is the biggest misconception that other people may think about you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2019.

Interview

It was short but I was caught off guard with the questions they asked. I wish I prepared more for the role. But the interviewer was very polite but I knew I wasn't getting this job.