Lyft Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 22 of over 1,312.0 interviews

Applied online16%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Process: Hr screening, call with hiring manager, live SQL test, interview panel (3 team members). I had an excellent experience interviewing with Lyft. All my calls went extremely well, but didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Standard behavioral questions and SQL prompts
    Answer Question

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Apr 2021

Interview

The take-home assignment is really time-consuming and the instruction is not very clear. When presenting findings, the interviewee always interrupts and ask questions and as a result, I could not get to the key findings.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Confession

5d

works at

PwC

Took a Lyft this morning and the driver was left foot breaking. How common is it to drive a manual with both feet?

15 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

Very well structured with SQL challenge. Quite lengthy given new Zoom capabilities with at least 6 zoom interview meetings and a few calls/zoom with a recruiter. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of strategic discussion of Gigeconomy and rideshare data strategizes.

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Very Smooth. The Recruiter was super nice and explained to me what the role entailed and was very consistent in her follow ups. The overall process was very well coordinated. I was nervous but the panel made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Why Lyft? why do you want to change your role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in Jul 2019

Interview

An internal recruiter at Lyft reached out to me on LinkedIn. I had an interview with him, followed by an Excel-based operations exam. Then I had a take-home analysis and presentation with the head of the department I'd work for.

Interview Questions
  • Given 90 days of ride data, how would you project the lifetime of a driver? Lifetime value? Prepare a presentation.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2018

Interview

Was asked to explain some challenges of two sided marketplaces, and suggestions on how to retain drivers. They weren't extremely technical questions, and quite vague, however I was asked to do some kind of back of the envelope calculation to determine $ values.

Interview Questions
  • Is it more important to incentivize drivers to stay or riders to sign up?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2018

Interview

Applied through referral. Did recruiter call. Did technical phone call. Received take-home. I understood the problem clearly and a very thorough job with take-home. Was not moved to final stage. No feedback. Recommendation to Lyft: If an applicant demonstrates serious engagement with your takehome assignment -- for example, evidenced through their thoroughness of their submitted materials -- provide a reasonable amount of feedback to the candidate even if you decide to decline them. This is arguably a reasonable thing to do given you ask candidates to spend ~11-20 hours on the takehome assignment, and given the Lyft's PR image is that it's a company that 'does the right thing' and is kind (the PR perception is that Lyft treats its drivers better than Uber).

Interview Questions
  • I don't want to give away the take-home question. Unsurprisingly, it deals with Lyft data.
4 people found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Probably the worst phone screen I've been through. Recruiter sounded very bored and completely unexcited about Lyft, as if they were reading off of a script. I was confused about Lyft's "entry-level" Data Analyst position, which sounds much more like a highly technical Data Scientist position. Recruiter was also a bit condescending towards my background and how it may not be a good fit.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Probably the worst phone screen I've ever been through. Recruiter sounded extremely bored and completely unexcited about Lyft. I was also very confused about their "entry-level" Data Analyst position, which sounds more like a highly technical Data Scientist position. Recruiter was also a bit condescending towards my background and how I may not be a good fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2018

Interview

I applied for the intern position through a referral in Feb 2018 and the process was really quick and took around 3 weeks. The process covered all the aspects of analytics - business as well as technical.

Interview Questions
  • Round 1 - Resume walk and certain business questions (30 mins) Round 2 - Homework Assignment (24 hrs) Round 3 - 5 technical interviews (30 mins each) at the Lyft HQ. Questions were based on the HW assignment, Probability & Statistics, SQL skills, ML Algorithms and a few business questions
5 people found this interview helpful