Lyft Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied for the intern position through a referral in Feb 2018 and the process was really quick and took around 3 weeks. The process covered all the aspects of analytics - business as well as technical.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 - Resume walk and certain business questions (30 mins)
    Round 2 - Homework Assignment (24 hrs)
    Round 3 - 5 technical interviews (30 mins each) at the Lyft HQ. Questions were based on the HW assignment, Probability & Statistics, SQL skills, ML Algorithms and a few business questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Probably the worst phone screen I've ever been through. Recruiter sounded extremely bored and completely unexcited about Lyft. I was also very confused about their "entry-level" Data Analyst position, which sounds more like a highly technical Data Scientist position. Recruiter was also a bit condescending towards my background and how I may not be a good fit.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Probably the worst phone screen I've been through. Recruiter sounded very bored and completely unexcited about Lyft, as if they were reading off of a script. I was confused about Lyft's "entry-level" Data Analyst position, which sounds much more like a highly technical Data Scientist position. Recruiter was also a bit condescending towards my background and how it may not be a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through referral. Did recruiter call. Did technical phone call. Received take-home.

I understood the problem clearly and a very thorough job with take-home.

Was not moved to final stage. No feedback.

Recommendation to Lyft: If an applicant demonstrates serious engagement with your takehome assignment -- for example, evidenced through their thoroughness of their submitted materials -- provide a reasonable amount of feedback to the candidate even if you decide to decline them. This is arguably a reasonable thing to do given you ask candidates to spend ~11-20 hours on the takehome assignment, and given the Lyft's PR image is that it's a company that 'does the right thing' and is kind (the PR perception is that Lyft treats its drivers better than Uber).

Interview Questions

• I don't want to give away the take-home question. Unsurprisingly, it deals with Lyft data.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft in April 2017.

Interview

An initial phone screen, a technical interview and a take home assignment. The next step would have been an onsite presentation and interview. Interviews were straight forward, quick and very focused on business strategy.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

The job listing stated it was for an entry level position but it seems like they were expecting someone with a PhD in machine learning to answer some of these questions. Just had one interview because obviously was not qualified for position

Interview Questions

• Prove as much of the CLT as you can   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft in May 2017.

Interview

First step was a 30 minute phone interview, then a take home data analysis assignment , then an onsite which consisted of a presentation, 4 rounds of interviews, and lunch

Interview Questions

• SQL questions, market sizing questions, probability questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First Interview with a Data Analyst, data challenge then a flyout to present your challenge and 4 interviews. Was rejected two days after onsite. (Failed SQL because I wasn't too familiar with window functions)

Recruiter is slow to respond to you

Interview Questions

• What is the probability in a random sequence of H and T's, the subsequence HHT comes before HTT?   3 Answers
    • How would you evaluate whether a 50% rider discount is a good or bad thing?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First, I was asked to make a self-introduction. Interviewer didn't ask more about my resume or background. Then I was asked to do a case Study. In the process, interviewer asked more questions corresponding to your answers.

Interview Questions

• If Lyft want to provide 15% discount to users, how to use data to analyze whether the campaign is successful or not   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

One screening with HR then a case study with a data analyst; got an assignment to do and did not pass; there was no clear direction for the assignment. I wish there were clear questions that I needed to answer; I guess they were looking to see the candidate's creativity and thinking process

Interview Questions

• What to look at if they enter new market   1 Answer