Lyft Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

3.2

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Probably the worst phone screen I've been through. Recruiter sounded very bored and completely unexcited about Lyft, as if they were reading off of a script. I was confused about Lyft's "entry-level" Data Analyst position, which sounds much more like a highly technical Data Scientist position. Recruiter was also a bit condescending towards my background and how it may not be a good fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied for the intern position through a referral in Feb 2018 and the process was really quick and took around 3 weeks. The process covered all the aspects of analytics - business as well as technical.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 - Resume walk and certain business questions (30 mins)
      Round 2 - Homework Assignment (24 hrs)
      Round 3 - 5 technical interviews (30 mins each) at the Lyft HQ. Questions were based on the HW assignment, Probability & Statistics, SQL skills, ML Algorithms and a few business questions   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Probably the worst phone screen I've ever been through. Recruiter sounded extremely bored and completely unexcited about Lyft. I was also very confused about their "entry-level" Data Analyst position, which sounds more like a highly technical Data Scientist position. Recruiter was also a bit condescending towards my background and how I may not be a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through referral. Did recruiter call. Did technical phone call. Received take-home.

I understood the problem clearly and a very thorough job with take-home.

Was not moved to final stage. No feedback.

Recommendation to Lyft: If an applicant demonstrates serious engagement with your takehome assignment -- for example, evidenced through their thoroughness of their submitted materials -- provide a reasonable amount of feedback to the candidate even if you decide to decline them. This is arguably a reasonable thing to do given you ask candidates to spend ~11-20 hours on the takehome assignment, and given the Lyft's PR image is that it's a company that 'does the right thing' and is kind (the PR perception is that Lyft treats its drivers better than Uber).

Interview Questions

• I don't want to give away the take-home question. Unsurprisingly, it deals with Lyft data.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

First a phone interview, then another phone interview, then a take home project, then an on-site with lots of people. Phone interviews were about your background and work experience. Take home assignment was analysis of a toy dataset. On-site interviews were a mix of case studies and probability puzzles.

Interview Questions

• several questions related to their business that they think about day in and day out that they expected me to just be able to rattle off in 5 min in front off a white board   Answer Question
    • fairly complex probability puzzles too detailed to give here   Answer Question
    • sampling with replacement   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone call with HR, followed by phone call with manager. I then had an assignment followed by an on-site. Although the process is fairly long, you get to meet a lot of people from different teams which makes the experience interesting.

The interview process was very fast. For each step, I had feedback on the next day at the latest. I think it reflects very well the company culture, everyone was very open and friendly!

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

I've heard great things about Lyft's data-driven culture and the smart people who work there, but lost interest after a phone screen with a Data Analyst. The person seemed bored and discontent with the job, and basically read off a script for the interview. It felt like I was talking to an automated voice response system.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft in April 2017.

Interview

An initial phone screen, a technical interview and a take home assignment. The next step would have been an onsite presentation and interview. Interviews were straight forward, quick and very focused on business strategy.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

The job listing stated it was for an entry level position but it seems like they were expecting someone with a PhD in machine learning to answer some of these questions. Just had one interview because obviously was not qualified for position

Interview Questions

• Prove as much of the CLT as you can   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft in May 2017.

Interview

First step was a 30 minute phone interview, then a take home data analysis assignment , then an onsite which consisted of a presentation, 4 rounds of interviews, and lunch

Interview Questions

• SQL questions, market sizing questions, probability questions   Answer Question