Lyft Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Lyft Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First Interview with a Data Analyst, data challenge then a flyout to present your challenge and 4 interviews. Was rejected two days after onsite. (Failed SQL because I wasn't too familiar with window functions)

Recruiter is slow to respond to you

Interview Questions

• What is the probability in a random sequence of H and T's, the subsequence HHT comes before HTT?   3 Answers
  • How would you evaluate whether a 50% rider discount is a good or bad thing?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First, I was asked to make a self-introduction. Interviewer didn't ask more about my resume or background. Then I was asked to do a case Study. In the process, interviewer asked more questions corresponding to your answers.

Interview Questions

• If Lyft want to provide 15% discount to users, how to use data to analyze whether the campaign is successful or not   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

One screening with HR then a case study with a data analyst; got an assignment to do and did not pass; there was no clear direction for the assignment. I wish there were clear questions that I needed to answer; I guess they were looking to see the candidate's creativity and thinking process

Interview Questions

• What to look at if they enter new market   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online/through a contact
    First interview was with HR recruiter and was a case interview. Was not at all expecting this, was expecting typical personality/resume type questions. She said this and subsequent interviews would all be case questions/"Homework" assignments using SQL.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine when surge pricing (when rides cost 1.5x, etc) occurs?   Answer Question
    • How would you determine what multiple to charge for surge pricing?   Answer Question
    • How can you make this process more efficient?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft in October 2015.

Interview

The Director of Analytics, George Xing, had his email on his LinkedIn with a message to reach out about the Analytics team. We are growing. I emailed him my resume and introduced myself. He set up a half hour call the next day.

The call was a usual talk about my last couple roles, why I am interested in Lyft, and him talking about the team and scope. Then he immediately asked me "How would you come up with a price increase Algorithm?" on the spot. I stumbled a bit because it was unexpected. Walked through how I would try to measure and predict real time supply and demand and what elements could be a threshold for an increase. I kept saying "surge" instead of "prime time" by accident and I am sure that was considered negative. Perhaps I am unreasonable, but that is not the type of question you would ask on an intro call. Secondly, from the sounds of the description and our discussion, it was more of a product analyst type of role (testing features, modeling and forecasting, communicating user behavior, etc...) and not the type where I would have to build a pricing algorithm on the spot.

Anyways, no follow-up whatsoever. Sounds like they are a lucky company with TONS of applicants and they can get away with this type of behavior on an intro call to filter candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would build a price increase algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very fast process overall. Two phone screenings, a technical phone interview, and on-site day with 6 team member interviews. Final phone interview with VP. I received feedback from my recruiter

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with large data sets before and if so how to you identify potential data accuracy issues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

An internal recruiter at Lyft reached out to me on LinkedIn. I had an interview with him, followed by an Excel-based operations exam. Then I had a take-home analysis and presentation with the head of the department I'd work for.

Interview Questions

• Given 90 days of ride data, how would you project the lifetime of a driver? Lifetime value? Prepare a presentation.   1 Answer