Lyft General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

3.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The team running the interview process was highly coordinated and always responsive. I felt the process was also as much about me getting to know the company, its team, and its market as it was about them getting to know me. I happily accepted an offer and give credit to the team that extended it for making it so easy for me to do so from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What and how would you prioritize during the first couple weeks in the role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone screener with the recruiting lead for the role. This was followed by phone interviews with several peers. After that I took an online test to assess analytic skills. After that, I was flown out to San Francisco for a series of in-person interviews, including a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• Balanced mix of questions, which addressed past experience, skills, personality, hypotheticals, case studies.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn about the role and had an introductory conversation with a recruiter. She was friendly, knowledgable, and flexible with dates/times. I then had a call with the VP of Ops and COO, after which I had to take an online exam - it was a combination of operational analytics / strategy questions and essay type questions. Challenging, but fair exam. I guess I did well because I was invited to San Francisco for a full day of in person interviews. Part the process involved creating a presentation about the driver onboarding flow and presenting that to a panel of interviewers. All in, I talked with about six different people that day in addition to the panel presentation. It was well organized, and I had a recruiter helping the whole day. A few days later I received an offer, took a few days to consider, and accepted.

Smooth process overall, and the recruiter was always there to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about acquiring drivers that don't own cars?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

An initial phone screen, a fit interview over the phone, a 2nd phone interview, and then a take home assignment that I worked on before heading out to San Francisco to present my work and spend a 1/2 day interviewing with a variety of teams. Friendly and cordial across the board, they are not trying to make this a consulting or investment banker experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were in charge of the market in this city?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I initially met with the recruiter who reached out to me. There was then a day where I met a series of people on the team I was going to join, along with peers in other geographies. Finally, there was a cross-functional group interview/presentation followed by a Q&A session and two more 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that you would improve/create for Lyft to help our next phase of growth.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Initially, several rounds of calls and Hangouts to discuss the position and what I could bring to it. Then an onsite day with multiple 1-1 interviews plus delivery of a presentation to a small team designed to allow me to explain how I would handle specific market issues and grow the business effectively and efficiently. I even met with the CEO to discuss his vision which was amazing.

Interview Questions

• What are you most passionate about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with several phone interviews and concluded with a day of in-person interviews and a presentation. The process was challenging but refreshingly transparent. They moved it along quickly. Because this is a highly cross-functional role, you meet with a large cross-section of the company. Some of the interviews felt like screening interviews while others just gave you a sense of the role. The presentation prep did take a considerable amount of time.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It started with the GM recruiter reaching out on Linkedin. We had a fantastic phone conversation a week or so after the initial outreach. Next, I spoke to a peer and the hiring manager. After taking a 2 hour online test, which tests for problem solving acumen, I flew out to SF for a full afternoon of interviews. It was really great to meet several folks from different parts of the business. I was struck by how much Lyft lives and breaths "community". I also had a chance to review my city plan with a panel. It felt conversational yet professional. I was truly inspired by not just the smarts but the warmth of everyone I interacted with.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

1) An internal Lyft recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn.
    2) Fairly informal, 1-on-1, "getting-to-know each other" phone conversations with the recruiter, then the VP of Ops, then the COO. Lyft is a fascinating business, well-staffed with highly competent, passionate people, so these calls are fun.
    3) Lyft sent a quantitative exam, and presentation topic. The exam is tough for anyone that hasn't taken a school exam in years, but passable if you can handle basic analysis of fairly simple data sets.
    4) Flew to the San Francisco headquarters to interview with 5 or 6 employees individually, and to present on the topic that was given to me the previous week.
    5) The Recruiter called me the day after my SF interviews to present an offer.

Interview Questions

• The presentation topic I was given was to build a plan to incorporate a set of new regulatory requirements into the driver onboarding process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

An initial recruiter screen call, followed by a phone call with the VP US Operations, another General Manager phone call, a take home operations exam, and an in-person all day slate of interviews, including a panel/presentation and 4-5 1-1 conversations

Interview Questions

• What new product would you launch in your market and why (select from four options)?   1 Answer