Find jobs for General Manager

Lyft General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 1,312.0 interviews

In Person7%
3.9
HardAverageEasy

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Had an initial interview, went on to interview with the regional manager and then the VP of the East who, based on her LinkedIn I have no idea how she got the position of VP of the East considering she's never stayed loyal to a job for over 2 years and has tons of weird, sporadic experience and a failed e-commerce business. She asked me questions I'm pretty sure she either googled or learned in b-school because no one says "what does operational excellence mean to you?" who actually has operations experience.

Interview Questions
  • What does "operational excellence" mean to you?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2016

Interview

The first step was a phone screener with the recruiting lead for the role. This was followed by phone interviews with several peers. After that I took an online test to assess analytic skills. After that, I was flown out to San Francisco for a series of in-person interviews, including a group presentation.

Interview Questions
  • Balanced mix of questions, which addressed past experience, skills, personality, hypotheticals, case studies.
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Confession

5d

works at

PwC

Took a Lyft this morning and the driver was left foot breaking. How common is it to drive a manual with both feet?

15 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2016

Interview

The team running the interview process was highly coordinated and always responsive. I felt the process was also as much about me getting to know the company, its team, and its market as it was about them getting to know me. I happily accepted an offer and give credit to the team that extended it for making it so easy for me to do so from start to finish.

Interview Questions
  • What and how would you prioritize during the first couple weeks in the role?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2016

Interview

I initially met with the recruiter who reached out to me. There was then a day where I met a series of people on the team I was going to join, along with peers in other geographies. Finally, there was a cross-functional group interview/presentation followed by a Q&A session and two more 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What are some things that you would improve/create for Lyft to help our next phase of growth.
2 people found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Lyft in Feb 2016

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me - I wasn't looking for a new role. It was a long process (largely due to my lack of availability related to the holidays, travel, and busy work schedule). Fantastic recruiting team! Very capable and felt like they were on my side the entire time. They went above and beyond to make my experience a great one during the recruiting process and post offer.

Interview Questions
  • What feedback have you received in the past? How would you increase driver engagement? What type of events would you consider putting together in your market to drive both supply and demand? And many many more
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2015

Interview

The interview process started with several phone interviews and concluded with a day of in-person interviews and a presentation. The process was challenging but refreshingly transparent. They moved it along quickly. Because this is a highly cross-functional role, you meet with a large cross-section of the company. Some of the interviews felt like screening interviews while others just gave you a sense of the role. The presentation prep did take a considerable amount of time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

It started with the GM recruiter reaching out on Linkedin. We had a fantastic phone conversation a week or so after the initial outreach. Next, I spoke to a peer and the hiring manager. After taking a 2 hour online test, which tests for problem solving acumen, I flew out to SF for a full afternoon of interviews. It was really great to meet several folks from different parts of the business. I was struck by how much Lyft lives and breaths "community". I also had a chance to review my city plan with a panel. It felt conversational yet professional. I was truly inspired by not just the smarts but the warmth of everyone I interacted with.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

An initial recruiter screen call, followed by a phone call with the VP US Operations, another General Manager phone call, a take home operations exam, and an in-person all day slate of interviews, including a panel/presentation and 4-5 1-1 conversations

Interview Questions
  • What new product would you launch in your market and why (select from four options)?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2015

Interview

An initial phone screen, a fit interview over the phone, a 2nd phone interview, and then a take home assignment that I worked on before heading out to San Francisco to present my work and spend a 1/2 day interviewing with a variety of teams. Friendly and cordial across the board, they are not trying to make this a consulting or investment banker experience.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you were in charge of the market in this city?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2015

Interview

The interview process at Lyft was one of the most efficient I've experienced in my 15 year career. I was interviewed by various people from across the organization (Ops, Analytics, GR, Marketing, etc) and every interviewer was well prepared. My first interview was with my would-be boss (VP of US Ops). After that initial phone call I was interviewed by HR and then the GM in Chicago. I was then given a quantitative exam. After receiving a passing grade I was flown out to SF for six interviews, which included an hour long presentation on how I would determine which of four new product ideas I would launch in my market and how I would go about executing the launch.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews