Find jobs for Software Engineer(Internship)

Lyft Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 1,312.0 interviews

Employee Referral25%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Multiple rounds. Did the university onsite interview round: they gave us a mini project type prompt. Even though I coded it completely and it was working, still didn't get offer.

Interview Questions
  • mini project that involved array parsing, data structure, OOP knowledge.
    Answer Question

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Contact by email and write a little bit about yourself. I can't say much because of nda agreement But the process was one project, next phase was an interview, then something they called laptop challenge

Interview Questions
  • First was a project which was hard but they explain that's ok if you don't finish. Second was an interview which was easy/medium LC question Third was the laptop challenge which I thought hard. It's a project, like a school coding assignment that you have to do but it's only 1 hour.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Confession

5d

works at

PwC

Took a Lyft this morning and the driver was left foot breaking. How common is it to drive a manual with both feet?

15 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Interviewer was casual and easy going . I solved the question but I made some stellar typos which made my code break in some test cases. Didn’t have time to fix them

Interview Questions
  • Convert a binary tree to a doubly linked list with

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (London, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

First I got some questions in email, regarding my availability and skills, then I had a video-call screening interview, It was mainly focused on my own background and some scientific questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Byteboard interview meant to simulate what you would be doing in the workforce. I thought that it was a good idea in theory, but horribly executed. I thought the editor/interface was hard to navigate, instructions not always clear and the time limit of 70 minutes was too strict. They give you three tasks and Lyft even acknowledges that most people don' t finish all the tasks. Well if most people dont' finish the tasks, isn't it common sense to give people more time? Overall good idea, poor execution.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Tampa, FL) in Sep 2019

Interview

Coding assessment was on a project with the implementation of the neighborhood restaurant finder. The application has a lot of classes with and the task was to implement some of the methods for the application using object-oriented programming techniques by using already implemented classes and their methods.

Interview Questions
  • Make a method for Restaurant finder which accesses the server to extract all nearby restaurants of a person, based on his lat/long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New Orleans, LA)

Interview

I got a call and at the same time, I had to code and talk through the code for the problem I was given. I was unfamiliar with how to solve the problem but I did it to the best of my ability without using dynamic features such as vectors. I answered the question and talked through my thought process so I don't know exactly what they want from a college student without any experience. If I was that good I wouldn't need a job with lyft now would I was my afterthought when the call ended and I got the rejection letter

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to program how many times a meteor hits the earth based on its direction.
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Nov 2018

Interview

I applied online in early September and interviewed for the Level 5 internship, which I failed and was moved on to interview for the main team. Overall the process was quick besides when it took 3 weeks to hear back after my mock interview. The recruiters give feedback after your interviews if you ask. I feel as though my interviewers were more interested in me walking in and knowing the solution as opposed to me coming up with a solution from scratch. I say this because although for both interviews I cam up with the solution myself and wrote runnable code, after explaining my solution and went over examples with my code after I was done writing it up, my interviewers had feedback like "is slow in solving problems and should practice more on cs fundamentals". This confused me because the interviews have all been focused on you brainstorming solutions for the first few minutes until you arrive at the optimal solution and then after the optimal solution is found, you code up the solution and walk through it with examples, which I did. I just feel like they want memorized solutions and don't care how you get there. My two cents.

Interview Questions
  • Find common elements within 2 integer arrays in O(N) time and O(1) space

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and did a mock interview which lead to a first round interview solving a leetcode like question. From there I moved onto final round which was 3 hours of video interviews. A behavioral fit interview, a guided take home question building a piece of software from the ground up and another slew of leetcode questions. From there they wanted an extra round which was a take home byte board assessment which is the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life. Assignment was confusing with incredibly short time frame and no way to ask clarifying questions.

Interview Questions
  • CS fundamentals, algorithmic problem solving
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Seattle, WA) in Oct 2018

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by a recruiter in about a week or so (didn't really keep track). Had my first phone screen and the interviewer was amazing! He acted like he wanted to be there (not common for tech interviews in my experience). Then moved onto final round 2 weeks later. Laptop challenge was confusing at first so I did my research before going in. They basically give you a problem, you go over it with your interviewer, then they cut you loose. You have around 45min to complete the coding challenge by yourself (with the interviewer muted or not present) and access to any and every resource you want granted you're using your own computer. Then the interviewer will come back, you explain your solution, and then wrap up with the typical ending with questions about the company. Then you have another 60 minute technical interview. Overall the final round was 3 hours, which was pretty brutal. My two interviewers were nice, but not as enthusiastic as the last guy so I thought I struggled a little bit with the personality/behavioral side of the interview. I think I got all the questions given correct (they run your code against test cases that you have to come up with on your own to sniff out the corner cases). They were easy/medium leetcode difficulty questions. But what really blew me out of the water was my recruiter. She responded quick and got me a decision in 2 days! Unreal!!

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews