Lyft Lyft Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Lyft Lyft Driver Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

1.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

easy, down load the app, apply, put your information in, wait for response to be cleared to drive, meet up with mentor and have inspection, ride with mentor, pass or fail upon inspection, ready to go.......

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Completed the online app; watched the welcome videos; they did a background check; I had to do a medical exam and a vehicle inspection. I went on a practice ride with a mentor who answered all my questions. There really isn't much to it; it was painless and easy. Maybe too easy; maybe their standards should be a little higher so that not just anybody can be on the road driving.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Oakland, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

You meet with a mentor and they evaluate your personality and your car. Tire tread and if the lights work basically a vehicle inspection and a personality in depth overview since you'll be chatting with passengers as well. My mentor explained that the job is hard at times but to remain calm and call the emergency number is anything bad happens. To always focus on the road and get a phone mount for my phone. Work when you want but there's certain "peak" hours to work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Lyft driver?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and literally only half an hour later met a Lyft mentor at a nearby car dealership. He inspected my car and took pictures of it and myself before I took him on a drive to a destination that was about 10 minutes away. Then I drove him back to the dealership. Along the way he showed me how to use the app as both a driver and a rider. We had amazing free-flowing conversation the whole way. I actually enjoyed the experience a lot :) I have a FT job doing outpatient therapy throughout my county. Since I drive a lot I'm thinking it may be nice to make some extra side money while I'm driving. I just have to wait for my background check to clear before I can try it out to see if I actually enjoy the job...hopefully!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used navigation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick meet up with a mentor. Tells you about the job and process. Checkes your car for faults. Also took a test drive down the street and back. Make sure to stick to the ruls of the road

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very easy. I applied, met up with my mentor, and got approved. All they do is check you car. Can work whenever you like. I really enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. They just check for insurance and make sure the car is on point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Go on a mentor ride to test ability to drive safely, navigate and be friendly. They also did a group interview with me. They asked what kind of theme I would have in my car. They no longer do that tho with the themed cars. They also takes pics of your car to make sure it doesn't have dents, they make sure all your lights work and seat belts. All that fun stuff. Most people dress casual cause it's "your friend with a car".

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

You will be prompted to use the app and request for a mentor. After they contact you, they will ping you for request of pickup. Once you get to the agreed location you will then talk with them and do a practice ride where after your ride you will have your vehicle inspected and take the necessary photos for your profile, such as the car you will be using to drive with and profile picture.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lyft (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Through the application I was instructed to meet a mentor at a predetermined location. I parked and contacted him and he walked to meet me before climbing into my car. He then asked me a few questions about why I wanted to drive before instructing me on how to use the app. We went for a practice ride while I acted as the driver. He then took photos of me and my car. I was then given the opportunity to ask specific what-if type questions before we parted ways. The entire process took 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

Interview

Normalish for Lyft driver interview. Pleasant enough. Guy came during my lunch hour at my job so had to fit it in in a busy day. Unfair and arbitrary screening process, Lyft denied me for no reason. I contacted them to ask, they said they weren't accepting anymore drivers. No idea if driver failed me just to keep demand high and drivers low. I already have over 200 trips with Uber at 4.9 stars in animmaculate BMW 3-Series. They don't even have a plus version, they're stupid to deny me! I'm also a gifted driver (clients tell me this all the time) who skillfully drives a manual car while obeying all rules of the road. Their rejection system is flawed and not transparent. They should be ashamed of themselves for clearly screwing up my application and perma banning (they don't allow you to apply again B.S.) me from Lyft driving despite my amazing record at Uber. Pathetic company. Avoid if possible.