Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,303 of over 1,303.0 interviews

Employee Referral24%
Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Accounting

2m

works at

Deloitte

Jeeze Google announced WFH until January. Along with Amazon, Lyft and Facebook. You all know what this means for us.. 😔 Im tired of being home man!!!!

22 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

First a byteboard interview, followed by two coding interviews. Byteboard interview was really easy, coding interviews were share screen/phone and were medium to hard. Nice employees, but the recruiter was pretty slow to respond.

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode type interview -- pretty standard algorithm stuff
    Answer Question

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

I was interviewed for front end. The process was good and quick. The process included three rounds. Two front end interviews and one coding interview. The entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft (Walnut Creek, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

Very weird experience . Had a phone screen, got a very weird project where I had to implement changing title of two buttons when clicking on them and then use a mock to show some text in a label. The project was written in a very weird non standard way. I had issues with my computer and Xcode was stuck building, I had to restart my computer and wait for Xcode to index and build, as a result had significantly less time to code. 5 minutes before the end of the interview was told to stop coding even that I had only few lines left. Got rejected. Asked to repeat the phone screen because of the technical issues and because I had about half of the time to code, they said no. Their loss ! Except for Lyft I interviewed with 3 other companies and got 3 offers!

Interview Questions
  • I had to implement changing title of two buttons when clicking on them and then use a mock to show some text in a label.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in Nov 2020

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Can't really prep was related to designing parts of a mobile app using Kotlin. Similar to take home coding project for school so I would say that there is no way to specifically prepare.

Interview Questions
  • Design mobile app frameworks using Kotlin

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Jose, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

The overall process was good . 1st round - Basic testing questions and 1 coding 2nd Round - Virtual interview (4 Rounds) 1 ) Hiring manager round , it was full situational questions 2) API automation round . Asked me to create the framework by sharing the screen . 3) Testing process , Behavioral questions 4) Behavioral questions , Automation questions After my final interview . HR called me and said the interview is very positive and she discussed about my compensation .I was really happy . After that i dint get any updated from here for one whole day . Then i e-mailed her about the status . She called me and said unfortunately we are not opening the position for this year because of COVID . Not sure why they waste their time and others time ???? It is frustrating !!!

Interview Questions
  • API automation , Situational based questions , array manipulation

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

It was my first ever interview experience and it was really great. The interviewers were really awesome throughout the entire process a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

I initially was connected with a recruiting coordinator who held an initial conversation with me. After that, I was connected with the hiring manager. Both interviews were very conversational. They were mostly concerned with customer service abilities.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to resolve a conflict with coworker or client?

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

4 rounds meeting various members across the organization. Initial recruiting call, and then a product sense, product execution, and a final round interview. Challenging but fair process and expectations by the Lyft team.

Interview Questions
  • -How would you navigate being the PM at a Waterpark?

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

First I got contacted by a recruiter which asked about my experience and 5 simple android questions. Then I had a phone interview for one hour which is to create an app and add features. The last round is a six hours interview, first is a design-architecture interview, then you have to develop an app for 2.5 hours, then 2 engineers look through you code and ask questions about it. Finally there is an interview with a Engineering Manager. I did well on all the interviews and passed them all but design-architecture (with minimum feedback) and got rejected. The developer didn't look really experienced but I assumed he had knowledge of many things which probably led him not to understand all my ideas. So one advice is to explain everything from the beginning like to a Jr dev.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Step 1. 30-minute recruiter interview Step 2. 1-hour technical interview Step 3. Invited into a 5-hour interview but canceled with no explanation. Perhaps the company is hurting financially, perhaps this was ageism, or perhaps it was some other valid reason. Regardless, this was an unprofessional way to treat a candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Create an application where you move an element on the screen with buttons.
Viewing 101 - 110 of 1,303 Interviews