Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,302 of over 1,302.0 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Take-home challenge, zoom interviews. Challenge took a week to complete and was very reasonable in length. Communication was great throughout the entire process. Zoom interviews are a bit short but they immediately get right to the point. The interviewers were all friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Design a new feature for Lyft.
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Interview with a user and experience designer. The interview lasted around one hour. They asked some design questions. Overall it was a good experience with the interview. Portfolio review is something to consider.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out 5 days later to schedule phone screen via email, submitted availability through a Greenhouse calendar system, scheduled a phone screen for 1 week later. Phone screen was about 20-25 minutes, recruiter seemed nice/casual. He explained the role to me, asked me standard interview questions - very open ended conversation. Got a generic rejection email 2 days later

Interview Questions
  • Some permutation of "tell me about yourself" and "why are you qualified/interested in the role". One or two follow up questions about experience on specific duties of the role
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Oct 2020

Interview

online assessment simulating work If you pass that then you will get two leetcode medium problems likely from the list given by leetcode premium for the last six months a a a a a a a a a a a

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Oct 2020

Interview

It was a phone interview with a recruiter. In most cases, I didn't have a problem with this phase of the interview as it's not technical. But it happened that I didn't pass. The recruiter was late 10 minutes (I didn't have this problem with most of the companies). Ok, let's say that it can happen. Problem is that he cut the interview to 20 minutes which is a short time period for representing myself and learning about the company. He was very quiet and he didn't have the right questions. He asked me if I know RXJava, Dagger, Retrofit, and Glide and a little bit about my career. I was expecting questions from which they can learn about me and my career in detail. When we finished the call I was 100% sure that I will get a negative answer from them. It wasn't a gut feeling, I felt that from his behavior during the interview, so I asked him if he can share the right away the information, but he insists that he needs to check with someone and then they will come back. The biggest problem is if I just didn't have luck with the recruiter. Maybe others are ok, but how can I re-run the interview process? Really disappointed that I didn't have a chance to show my Android skills.

Interview Questions
  • Did you use RXJava, Dagger, Retrofit, Glide? What is your past experience?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lyft (South San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

The interviewee just started a list of all questions, with the minimum intro as "I am a data scientist at Lyft and I am going to take your interview divided into three sections, a case study of a business plan, probability, and statistics, and finally a data insight of a hypothetical problem. So, let's get started". The case study problems were not so well versed, giving me hard time understanding them. However, he was patient to answer any clarifications. The first two parts went well as he confirmed that I answered them correctly. The last part was a bit difficult as it was a mix of Lyft A/B testing experimentation study and probability. Again questions were not clear and I had a hard time reading his mind. My answers were out of the box as a possible strategy, but he wanted to hear a solution that was written on his answer sheet. The interview ended with a simple question as to describe the p-value. As time was over, he just said bye very impatiently as he has to take another interview. I received a rejection in less than 24 hrs. I worked very hard for this interview prep, and I am quite disappointed that I even didn't get any feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Drivers acquisition from last year has dropped to 7%, what could be the reason?
  • There is a demand in an area, but riders are not taking rides. Why?
  • What is a p-value? Explain it.

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Oct 2020

Interview

HR is really unprofessional and unorganized. She is not very helpful and responsive. But the whole interview questions are super easy and the software engineers that conducted the interviews are nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

Very well structured with SQL challenge. Quite lengthy given new Zoom capabilities with at least 6 zoom interview meetings and a few calls/zoom with a recruiter. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of strategic discussion of Gigeconomy and rideshare data strategizes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (London, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Well conducted. The process was well setup and the interviewers were well prepared. They asked relevant questions and was quite relaxed. They were quite open to discussions and ideas. There a phone screen first. Then, there was group panel series of interviews. Since it was during the pandemic, the interview was held remotely.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Oct 2020

Interview

I got invited for a phone interview quickly after applying, and spoke with a recruiter that same week. It was a very chill and comfortable conversation, I felt I bonded with the recruiter. I did not get the job, but he let me know that next week and wanted to keep in touch

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 111 - 120 of 1,302 Interviews