Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,302 of over 1,302.0 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Initial screener Interview with HR, walk through your resume and why are you searching etc. Then there was a technical screen, which was much more difficult that outlined. Be prepared for both case type questions AND probability based questions - I read through how it was mainly a KPI case study and then a take home, we started with the KPI case study but then it was a ton of probability stuff that I wasn't prepared for.

Interview Questions
  • We are going to launch shared rides, what metrics would you use to gauge success
    1 Answer
  • We are implementing shared rides and considering adding in a 30 seconds waiting period for our algorithm to identify additional matches. What metrics would you use to evaluate this, and how would you run this experiment?
  • If you give N riders with the probability of P a $5 coupon, what is the expected coupon spend
  • What assumptions would you make to underpin that answer?
  • What is the probability that one of the coupons will be used?
  • Given that one coupon was used, what is the likelihood that another person will use the coupon - ie. that both of them will use the coupon?
  • We are considering adding in a feature where instead of a direct estimate of 5 min, instead displaying a range of say 3-7 min. How would you conduct this experiment? How would you know your results were significant?
  • Given a coin, how would you determine the p value necessary for the coin to be fair?
  • We have a dashboard tracking our metrics, and average ETA is up by 3 minutes. How would you investigate this problem?
  • What other methods besides user are there to use as your unit of randomization?
15 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY)

Interview

2 - Phone Screens 2 - 45 min video interview The video interviews have 3 people per video. They essentially just wanted to see how you thought through things. The questions were pretty broad, so you had to make a lot of assumptions

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Accounting

1m

works at

Deloitte

Jeeze Google announced WFH until January. Along with Amazon, Lyft and Facebook. You all know what this means for us.. 😔 Im tired of being home man!!!!

22 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Had an interview with recruiter that led to technical interview. Technical interview was 1 hour on the phone and computer: about 20 min conversation and about 30 min online real time coding using CoderPad. Then a few min to wrap up.

Interview Questions
  • First problem could not solve. Got second problem: Find the k largest number in an unsorted array.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

Was sent a React coding test which involved coding an application within an hour time frame. Got most of the work done but ultimately was not invited to the next rounds

Interview Questions
  • Code test in React, more difficult than most React hackerrank tests
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

Applied online. Received email from recruiter. Phone screen with recruiter, went well. Phone screen with hiring manager, went well. Onsite scheduled with multiple people. However, I canceled because my situation changed and could no longer relocate for the position. Everyone was awesome, from the recruiter, to the recruiting coordinator, to the hiring manager I spoke to. They all were friendly, seemed intelligent, and like they would be pleasant to work with. The role also sounded super interesting. Personal circumstances made me withdraw, unfortunately. Super bummed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Sep 2020

Interview

First round phone screening with a recruiter. Then, having a 1-hour technical (audio-only) interview with a data scientist. ABSOLUTELY no intro! He said: "Hi, my name is XYZ, what is the probability of ..." NOT JOKING... I've never experienced this before. Haha! He had a list of 15-20 questions in front of him, and just wanted to get to the bottom of the list. lol

Interview Questions
  • What is the p-value of a binomial distribution?

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Sep 2020

Interview

1 Take Home, 1 Product Sense, 1 Product Execution, and then onsite (product design + metric + behavioral). Thought I bombed the product design question in the onsite round but otherwise very standard pm interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Four step interview process starting with an analytics test and ending with a set of 4 interviews and a 45 minute presentation based on a prompt provided ahead of time. Recruiting team made the process smooth, efficient, and were highly responsive. The whole process took just over a month.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Short interview with a recruiter, then a behavioral interview with a hiring manager on the UX writing team, then a UX writing exercise. I didn't move forward after the writing exercise.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (South San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Lyft recruiter contacted me for an interview. The phone interview went well. They scheduled for a final round interview. I asked for more time to prepare. The recruiter cancelled my interviews and did not reply to me emails. After I reach out to the first recruiter, they scheduled another set of interviews for me. The interviews are not hard, 1 coding question and two design questions. I passed both design questions and did well in the coding one. After two days, the recruiter replied that my background does not match. There are better candidates. He did not even border to give me a call and explain to me what did not go well.

Interview Questions
  • Phone interview. Word ladder: BFS.
  • Laptop: Job scheduler with workers: Use SortedSet/SortedDictionary. it is not hard, but need to deal with standard inputs.
3 people found this interview helpful