Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,302 of over 1,302.0 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

I got invited to a 15 minutes video interview after sending my resume online. This is only the first stage. The interviewer was nice and friendly, and the whole process went well.

Interview Questions
  • 1. When have you gone above and beyond 2. What's your experience with customer service/dealing with disgruntled customers
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

The process was fairly typical, but with a heavy emphasis on Design/Architecture interviews, more than I have experienced at other companies for a non-senior SWE role. First a recruiter reached out to me. She was really nice, and she asked me standard questions like Tell me about one of your recent projects, Why are you interested in Lyft, etc. Afterwards, she said she wanted to move me along and set up a call beforehand for her to prep me for the interviews. The technical screen interview was a random engineer asking me to solve a string manipulation problem via Coderpad. The question was actually reasonably complex, but Coderpad itself seemed to be bugging out and wouldn't compile anything, which ended up wasting a lot of time and I wasn't able to fully solve the problem with the remaining time. As a result, they asked me to re-interview with a different engineer. That engineer gave me a simple question that I solved right away, although I don't remember the question anymore. I recommend practicing some problems on Coderpad beforehand, as the editor is pretty “dumb” in comparison to other sites I’m used to like HackerRank and Leetcode. They moved me on to the on-site interviews, which consisted of 4 video interviews: one behavioral, two design/architecture, and one longer coding interview. The behavioral interview was standard, nothing unexpected. The design/architecture interviews asked exactly the same questions I have read in other reviews here. They want you to diagram a simple version of the system they describe, and then want to dive in to different parts to make them more sophisticated and production-like. We got into discussions about message queues, replication, scaling, caching, etc. My interviewer also pulled out a math question, asking me how many unique keys I could generate with different primitive types. I struggled with the math questions, which led the interviewer to say that I was “weak with some computer fundamentals”. Uh huh. I thought it was odd how much emphasis they put on ability to draw up large-scale systems, given that this was a generalist software engineering role. At this level, I wouldn’t expect to have much in-depth experience doing that anyways. The coding interview was 1.5 hours long, and was a common question asking me to implement add, remove, undo, redo, etc operations in a class. After the interviews, it seemed that the recruiter forgot to let me know the decision, but after I finally got the news that they had passed on me, she offered to set up a call to share the feedback with me, which I thought was really nice and helpful. Also wanted to mention that none of my interviewers were female, which was a bit disappointing given their supposed emphasis on diversity. How do you expect to hire gender-diverse people with a gender-homogenous panel of interviewers?

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Applied online in April and got at end of Aug. 30 min HR screening followed by 2 hangout interviews with PMs. First was product sense - "design lyft for commuters" and second was product execution - "we have a new product, how will you measure success". Product sense interview was pretty smooth and the interviewer was able to grab plenty out of my approach to product. Execution interview was by relatively new PM, who struggled to understand my approach (perhaps I did poorly). He didn't understand the concepts of active users and total users and how engagement helps measure success. However, both interviewers were polite. Overall process was smooth and HR kept me updated without delay or unexplained waiting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Aug 2020

Interview

First interview is a phone screen with an HR recruiter, second is a skill-based interview with a data scientist. They will focus on statistics and research design in ride hail context.

Interview Questions
  • The data scientist asked me questions about how to calculate basic statistics and asked me to share them in writing via our video chat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

Phone screen: 1 hr Sql - 3 Questions (25 mins) and Coding - 1 question (25mins) Onsite: 1. Data Structures and Algorithm: 1 hr 3 questions : Leetcode medium 2. Sql A schema will be given. All questions will be based on that. Spend some time to understand the schema. 3 questions to be executed on Coderpad Be very careful and read question 5 times. Make sure you understand what is needed before jumping on writing Sql. 3. Experience interview - didn't get to this stage

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de Mexico

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Ciudad de Mexico) in Jun 2020

Interview

Es un camino muy largo que te hacen tomar en Lyft, pero solicité en Linkedin y tuve una conversación de 30 minutos con mi reclutador. Después de lo cual me mudé a una entrevista pre-screen que duraba una. hora (me hicieron construir un reloj de LCD en React con CSS). Luego, una vez que obtuve el visto bueno, estaba programado para un proceso de entrevista "en sitio" de 5 horas de duración que incluía 2 desafíos de codificación, 1 proceso de arquitectura, 1 entrevista de análisis de comportamiento y 1 algoritmo / crear una aplicación desde cero. La última parte se deja a un comité de contratación que decide su destino, nivel y paquete de compensación.

Interview Questions
  • Firmas un NDA, pero en general para frontend es muy importante conocer los fundamentos (tanto core y avanzados) de Javascript y CSS para las pruebas de codigo ya que son preubas de habilidad en vanilla javascript y reactjs. Igual creo que muy importante que sepas como crear y explicar algoritmos en un contexto de una aplicación y no desde un punto de vista de leetcode o hacker rank ya que mi entrevista no fue lo que esperaba.
13 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

Applied through referral. The interview process was quick & so was feedback. However, it was dentrimental in the sense, I wasnt prepared as well as I should have been. Companies expect scripted structured answers for PM interviews. If you are not familiar with product design , market opportunity sizing, product strategy & product execution interviews and related questions or did not have enough practice of it, you will fail as I did. The questions were simple in themselves. Just as google or facebook PM interview. The interviewer were very nice and friendly. Although I completely bombed one my interviews by being all over the place, the interviewer was super engaged for the rest of the hour & left a positive impression. : How do you design X for Y (Think lyft & transportation problems) You are launching feature X as a pilot in Market Y. How do you go about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

Recruiter contacted through Linkedin and set up the interview. It was a very quick process. they informed about the results the next day. Interviewer was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lyft (San Jose, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

call with recruiter, to estsablish interest, then another when they explained the process, and sent prep materials and link to codepad. then online coding interview where interviewer presented the question and let me code.

Interview Questions
  • Given a 2D matrix, find the sum of the elements inside the rectangle defined by its upper left corner (row1, col1) and lower right corner (row2, col2).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

1 phone screening with recruiter, 1 video conference screening with hiring manager, 4 online "onsite" interviews with team, 1 business case exercise (facilitated by hiring manager and a colleague)

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions regarding relationship management, problem resolution, organization and planning, and project management
Viewing 131 - 140 of 1,302 Interviews