Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,303 of over 1,303.0 interviews

Employee Referral24%
Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Accounting

2m

works at

Deloitte

Jeeze Google announced WFH until January. Along with Amazon, Lyft and Facebook. You all know what this means for us.. 😔 Im tired of being home man!!!!

22 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

Applied through referral. The interview process was quick & so was feedback. However, it was dentrimental in the sense, I wasnt prepared as well as I should have been. Companies expect scripted structured answers for PM interviews. If you are not familiar with product design , market opportunity sizing, product strategy & product execution interviews and related questions or did not have enough practice of it, you will fail as I did. The questions were simple in themselves. Just as google or facebook PM interview. The interviewer were very nice and friendly. Although I completely bombed one my interviews by being all over the place, the interviewer was super engaged for the rest of the hour & left a positive impression. : How do you design X for Y (Think lyft & transportation problems) You are launching feature X as a pilot in Market Y. How do you go about it.

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Jul 2020

Interview

start with HR phone screen and then after 4 weeks get informed to have the technique round technique ask around supply-demand, stats probability, and business sense questions. the 1:1 interview is one hour. overall covers the questions above.

Interview Questions
  • how to estimate demand less than required which index do you think can estimate?
    Answer Question

Lyft

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lyft in Jul 2020

Interview

Applied through referral and was contacted quickly for an interview. Had a screening interview with the manager who seemed very disinterested from the beginning and then got a cold rejection email without feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (London, England, England) in Jul 2020

Interview

Throughout the whole process, the hiring manager and team were really helpful and nice. Overall the process consisted of 4 interviews, a phone screening, a technical test, an ML system design and a system design discussion around autonomous vehicles.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

The first round of interview was a 30-minute phone interview with a UX Researcher. The final round of interview was with four parts: project presentation, research methods & skills, analytical & critical thinking, and collaboration & team skills.

Interview Questions
  • If you have unlimited resources to do a research project about the company, what would it be?

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone screening. After that I was told an interview would be scheduled and it never was, after following up several times.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Jun 2020

Interview

The interview process at Lyft was very engaging and pleasant. Overall, the process took around 4 weeks. Throughout this process, I felt supported and became more excited for the opportunity to be part of the People Partner team. Everyone I met was so friendly, smart and professional. You can tell that they collaborate well, and support each other and truly care about their client-groups. Although, I did not receive an offer, I really appreciate the time and thoughtfulness put into the interview process. I specifically want to call out the amazing Recruiter, Heather. She was so welcoming, responsive, and a true professional during this time.

Interview Questions
  • How do you partner with other teams?
  • How are you strategic and take ownership of your work?
  • Tell me a time when you miscommunicated with a cross-functional partner. How did you bounce back?
  • How do you establish trust with cross-functional partners?

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in May 2020

Interview

Did their phone interview and onsite. The phone interview was a series of tasks within an Android app, implementing incremental features. The virtual onsite (for covid-19 times) involved a couple of non-technical interviews, plus a 2.5h session where you implement an app, with minimal oversight from the interviewer. The interviewer actually leaves the chat and lets you work alone. I assume that I failed the technical aspect of the onsite because they never contacted me again after the interviews ended. It's been a month and I've since accepted an offer from a different company.

Interview Questions
  • Implement an app that fetches and displays data from an API endpoint.
4 people found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward, though they did hit you with a case study question in the first round, which was unexpected and caught me off guard. Otherwise, the rest of the questions were pretty standard behavioral type interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would you decide how many autonomous vehicles to deploy to San Francisco?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Seattle, WA) in May 2020

Interview

The Technical recruiter has a 30 min discussion initially and sets up a phone screen with HM. Phone Screen-30 min of resume discussion and 30 min coding problem using Coderpad.

Interview Questions
  • how did u handle pressure under multiple projects
  • One coding question on integer array manipulation
1 person found this interview helpful