Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,303 of over 1,303.0 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and after discussions I was setup for a phone interview using coderpad. The phone interview had 1 each of SQL and python questions which I managed to solve with a few hiccups. I was then setup for onsite which had 5 rounds and lunch with a team member. Onsite 1st round - General discussion about my profile and started off with leetcode problem. I partially finished but could complete since ran out of time. Lunch time - Waited for the team member who was supposed to take me for lunch but he never turned up and I missed the lunch. 2nd round - SQL coding on MacBook with MySQL session. The interviewer was busy with Facebook and didn't know or answer any of my clarifications. All 3 queries went unanswered since I didn't get the clarifications and was not sure what to expect. 3rd round - Came in and introduced himself and started with the behavioural round and asked about previous work experience. 4th round - System design round, was asked to design a distributed system with failover considered. 5th round - Lyft use case for designing a dimension model. Overall less than average onsite interview and as expected didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode questions
    2 Answers

Lyft

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Onsite wasn't bad. Everyone was pretty nice. Each of the interviewers was nice. The coding problem was very interesting and "Life-Like". Very different from other companies. However, after the interview, no one ever contacted me. After more than 2 weeks, I messaged the on-site recruiter. They scheduled a phone call and then never called... I accepted a job else where and withdrew my candidacy. Found it quite unprofessional to leave a candidate in the dark after an interview and I think it shows some insight into the state of the company.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Accounting

2m

works at

Deloitte

Jeeze Google announced WFH until January. Along with Amazon, Lyft and Facebook. You all know what this means for us.. 😔 Im tired of being home man!!!!

22 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Was ghosted by HR recruiter. Applied to software engineer position for Lyft level 5. Got a response back from a tech recruiter asking for preferred language and possible tech interview times. I responded back with some times, and never heard from them again. Any followed up emails were ignored.

Interview Questions
  • What is your preferred coding language.
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Had an initial interview, went on to interview with the regional manager and then the VP of the East who, based on her LinkedIn I have no idea how she got the position of VP of the East considering she's never stayed loyal to a job for over 2 years and has tons of weird, sporadic experience and a failed e-commerce business. She asked me questions I'm pretty sure she either googled or learned in b-school because no one says "what does operational excellence mean to you?" who actually has operations experience.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

From what I remember it was a very easy process. The only part which was more involved was driving to the Lyft to get your car checked since it wasn't as close as I would have liked. Overall, it was a simple and fun process. Mostly done through apps and technology.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the process of getting ready to start driving for Lyft was handled through their app.

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Great interview process, although timing was bad since it started right before the holidays and then the company went through layoffs. Highly communicative throughout the process. Phone screen, phone interview, then onsite interview and presentation with four team members, including the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Phone interview with some probability questions, background information. Talked a lot about the previous projects. Asked a little about programming capibilities. Not well prepared, spend some time on the probability question

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2020

Interview

Coding challenge using any language of your choice. You have to implement pagination on an api and have it successfully execute the program. Otherwise you fail. You do get an hour to fulfill it.

Interview Questions
  • Implement pagination on an api endpoint
3 people found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Feb 2020

Interview

First round was HR screening, mainly asking my experience and familiarity with programming and A/B testing Second round was an interview with two data scientists, asking for analytical questions about their product

Interview Questions
  • How would you measure demand and supply and what would be key metrics(KPIs)?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2020

Interview

Great experience overall! I went through the all process. HR-First Tech screen (Business case) - Data Challenge - On Site (Data Challenge presentation-SQL-Business Case- Behavioral Questions. I learned a lot. They put a lot of attention into the candidates satisfaction, independently from the result of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • SQL (join multiple tables - window functions) Not so complicated.
  • Business Case About a real two sides market problem. How to choose a new city for Lyft service...
  • Behavioral (standard): - Walk me through your resume; - Conflict at work. - Why Lyft?
Viewing 161 - 170 of 1,303 Interviews