Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,302 of over 1,302.0 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

- Resume drop (I passed this) - Take home assignment (I did not pass this), 4 pages max. Tasked to design a new product for Lyft. - Afterwards, candidates were invited for interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Design a new product for Lyft (4 pages max write up)
    Answer Question

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Received an email asking for a phone screen. Filled out a form indicating times available for a call. I marked three distinct times. A recruiter responded immediately indicating one did not work for here (she did not specify which). We eventually settled on a time on a late Friday afternoon. The call was pleasant enough. Received an automated denial two days later (on a Sunday afternoon of a three-day weekend).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Accounting

2m

works at

Deloitte

Jeeze Google announced WFH until January. Along with Amazon, Lyft and Facebook. You all know what this means for us.. 😔 Im tired of being home man!!!!

22 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Sep 2021

Interview

Recruiting phone screen followed by 2 virtual onsite interviews followed again by 2 further onsite interviews. Questions similar to what you can google, they use the same style as Uber and Facebook. Process overall was smooth, their recruiting is doing a decent job (compared to almost all other companies). Most interviewers were pleasant to talk to and personable with the exception of a woman who first showed up 5 minutes late without apologizing even with a single word and then went on to talk about how there are too many ex-Amazon white males (i.e. my exact) profile at Lyft already. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Design Lyft for commuters Design a dashboard for a food delivery service Design Lyft for large parties Describe the most complex challenge in your professional career

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

First, HR emailed to schedule a technical phone interview, which is 1hr, coding questions. If pass then next step is onsite interviews, including coding questions and systems design questions and projects questions

Interview Questions
  • Regular (median-hard) algorithm questions and systems design

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

I engaged on call with recruiter for 20 minutes. We talked about my experience. I got rejected due to not enough experience, which they could not bear to do without talking to me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lyft in Aug 2021

Interview

THE WORST INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE I’VE EVER HAD!!!!! Had a call with recruiter in August 2021. Two days later the technical screening interview was scheduled. The first part of the interview interviewer showed total disrespect by yawning every other minute, as well as interrupting by showing his dominance. During the actual coding challenge he was totally ignoring my questions, looked like he was minding his own business, multiple times I had to ask him whether he was there, however the only thing I heard was typing. Although the tech challenge wasn’t easy, I mostly felt no interest in hiring me as a software engineer, which gives 0 motivation to an interviewee. If that is the representation of the culture in Lyft I’m not interested to be a part of it regardless of the decision. Despite the fact that recruiter offered another chance (which I totally appreciate) I had 0 interest in moving forward. And I hope my feedback will help other candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

Most unprofessional and rude experience I have had in a long time. Hiring manager seemed angry and irritated the entire time. The recruiter had poor communication. I am surprised that a company this large has such an awful interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Aug 2021

Interview

Applied Online. Recruiter reached out the same week. Completed a technical phone screen the week after. 4-round onsite interviews the following week. Got an offer 2 weeks after the onsite interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Phone screen: 1 coding question Onsite: 1 coding question, 2 system design, 1 behavioural

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Multiple rounds. Did the university onsite interview round: they gave us a mini project type prompt. Even though I coded it completely and it was working, still didn't get offer.

Interview Questions
  • mini project that involved array parsing, data structure, OOP knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interviews were remote which is understandable during the pandemic. However the interviewer, who would have been the direct manager showed up late, wearing a tank top and was not engaging at all. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Situation based questions to dig into the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Viewing 11 - 20 of 1,302 Interviews