Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,303 of over 1,303.0 interviews

Employee Referral24%
Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Accounting

2m

works at

Deloitte

Jeeze Google announced WFH until January. Along with Amazon, Lyft and Facebook. You all know what this means for us.. 😔 Im tired of being home man!!!!

22 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Nov 2019

Interview

I have applied via the official online recruiting page. 1-2 days after, HR note me to take a phone interview. The phone interview was like standard bay area interview (LT-like coding + ml questions+ deep learning questions) with one of the Lyft software engineer. While I thought I solved quite well, no feedback until now (3 days passed).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2019

Interview

One phone screen ( asked about the background), one technical screen. The interviewer was very helpful during the whole process and tried to help out whenever I got stuck. It was 1 hour long.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in Nov 2019

Interview

Relaxed environment and to the point questions. Was interviewed by a total of 5 people. 2 for the first 30 minutes, 2 for another 30 minutes and 1 for the last 15 minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • If you are on a team of people, what is the role you play on that team?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in Nov 2019

Interview

Very weird experience overall. First off, the phone interview with the hiring Manager was very awkward and consisted of basic questions for my field. I found via linkedin this was his first job post grad school; it was very obvious. Then the recruiter had me do "homework" before being chosen to come in for an interview (very strange and borderline offensive for a position on-becoming of Executive Management and would pay $130k+). Recruiter did not specify that there are 2 buildings with the exact same address approximately a half mile from each other, and that the doors to get inside look like windows, the location was very difficult to find and they do not validate parking. I was put in a fish-bowl-like room so I could look around. This was the most unprofessional work environment I have ever experienced. Spaghetti straps, blue hair, men in pink, beanies / hats; total culture shock. I had 4 different bathrooms to chose from making it very uncomfortable and awkward. I interviewed 1 on 1 with 4 different people, all in their mid 20s asking some odd questions (mostly focus on my skills, though my resume is very clear on my skill level in every area). All but one of these people were extremely awkward, not very articulate with their words, and very obviously green to corporate America. I'm in my early 30s, I didn't see anyone older than myself and my perception is that they don't hire much in the "older" crowd. Very hipster-like culture; this company is not for me, but maybe for others.

Interview Questions
  • Without writing out this query, how would you write this query?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Palo Alto, CA) in Nov 2019

Interview

Applied online for the internship and about two months later I was contacted by a recruiter. After answwering several basic questions I was arranged with a phone interview. First I talked about my research and projects. And I was asked to debug several small questions in C++, questions are easy. Since it is an autonomous drinving part, C++ is a must

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and then they asked to do an initial phone call. Then they set up a phone call with someone from my team who I would be working iwht. After that they asked me to come in for an interview. At the interview I met with 4 different people for 1 hour each.

Interview Questions
  • How does you pass working experience relate to the position you are interviewing for?

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

I saw the role online and as a frequent Lyft rider, decided to apply though I live across the country from the open opportunity. I had a phone interview with HR, and then a Google Hangout interview with three admins, two of which I'd be working closely with in the role. I felt the 1.5 hr video interview went pretty well, the first interviewer was quite honest and I felt we vibed, the second interviewer was a bit more stern, and the third was super easy. I received a pretty standard rejection email shortly thereafter, and when I asked for feedback I was told in a very general way that my background supporting 1-2 execs didn't align with the role (supporting a team)... this was evident from a glance at my resume, as well as my phone screen so the feedback felt a bit bogus to me. Just disappointing since I know I could do well in an Executive Business Partner role at Lyft.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY)

Interview

I went through 2 interview rounds with Lyft. The first was a screen with the recruiter, and the second with someone from the hiring team in California. It started off as a pleasant experience and then ended negatively. Interviewing style reveals a lot about a company.

Interview Questions
  • If you could ask users any question, what would it be and why?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

30 min phone screen with Recruiter and Hiring Manager. In house interview was approx 5 hours. VERY structured questions which left nearly zero time for me to ask questions. Logistics were fantastic and well organized. Initial feedback was positive and they were excited but but then I heard nothing for a month. I kept having to initiate contact only to be told they went with someone else and provided zero feedback as to why. Pretty disappointing candidate experience. I would have hoped for a little honest feedback especially for a senior level role.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Three step process: phone interview with a recruiter, video interview with someone in the actual office, and in-person interview. Lyft is clearly very committed to their brand and looking for hires who will be content to stay in their new role for a year+ before promotion

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 201 - 210 of 1,303 Interviews