Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,307 of over 1,307.0 interviews

Employee Referral24%
Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Accounting

2m

works at

Deloitte

Jeeze Google announced WFH until January. Along with Amazon, Lyft and Facebook. You all know what this means for us.. 😔 Im tired of being home man!!!!

22 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

Most unprofessional and rude experience I have had in a long time. Hiring manager seemed angry and irritated the entire time. The recruiter had poor communication. I am surprised that a company this large has such an awful interview process.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were all poorly thought out and rude.
    Answer Question

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Aug 2021

Interview

Applied Online. Recruiter reached out the same week. Completed a technical phone screen the week after. 4-round onsite interviews the following week. Got an offer 2 weeks after the onsite interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Phone screen: 1 coding question Onsite: 1 coding question, 2 system design, 1 behavioural

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Multiple rounds. Did the university onsite interview round: they gave us a mini project type prompt. Even though I coded it completely and it was working, still didn't get offer.

Interview Questions
  • mini project that involved array parsing, data structure, OOP knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interviews were remote which is understandable during the pandemic. However the interviewer, who would have been the direct manager showed up late, wearing a tank top and was not engaging at all. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Situation based questions to dig into the ability to perform the duties of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2021

Interview

Got a code invite a month after applying. I was sent a link to a file not hackerrank stuff. Test was pretty fair because it reflected what it would look like if you were to work at Lyft

Interview Questions
  • Given a real life scenario, pick the best method and explain why. No coding necessary Part 2 was too write code to finish functionality

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Interview Questions
  • introduction yourself, projects you did, why this company, why you, they will give introduction to the position , and then you have the opportunity to ask any questions. I heard that the salary for this position is far less than the usual DA in the Lyft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

During the first round, I talked to a recruiter very generally. Next round was a phone interview where I was asked a leetcode problem. Was told a few days later that I did not pass that interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Jun 2021

Interview

I had an introductory 30 minute call with a recruiter. We went over my background and work experience and then I was told about the team structures and current projects.

Interview Questions
  • What part of the product would you be most interested in designing?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN)

Interview

Phone screen first from a recruiter in New York. Then I received a homework assignment that I guess I did not pass? I never received any feedback or rejection after being told I was a great candidate. I have a strong recruiting background, so was pretty disappointed that I was ghosted by a recruiter.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Two technical rounds with 2 different engineers, 45min-1hr each. The process was outlined in various emails before hand, and they were conducted virtually over web conference. Standard practice and technical interview, but focused on Frontend.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 21 - 30 of 1,307 Interviews