Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,302 of over 1,302.0 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Recruiter reached out via phone, then Hiring Manager via phone. Then spoke to Recruiter regarding salary expectations. Flew out for on-site interviews with team members (approx. 5). Then spoke to Hiring Manager once more before video interview with GC.

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions regarding working with others, working with team, some hypotheticals, etc.
    Answer Question

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Standard tech portfolio review process, didn't share much about what the ultimate role would be. Came away with the impression that Lyft is now a big, mature, boring company like the rest of Silicon Valley has become. If you want to do boring work at a mature company, there's many places that pay similar but have better future prospects than being a single country ridesharing co.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Accounting

1m

works at

Deloitte

Jeeze Google announced WFH until January. Along with Amazon, Lyft and Facebook. You all know what this means for us.. 😔 Im tired of being home man!!!!

22 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Lyft team was very professional and helpful throughout the interview. There were phone screening, manager interview, teammate interviews. Questions were a mix of technical and behaviors. I really enjoyed the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

It was a good interview and allowed you to think clearly. The questions were straight forward and were easy. There aren’t a lot of hard hurdles if you know what to say

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Palo Alto, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied through referral link. Got an email from recruiter within 2 weeks. first round was with the recruiter and talked about my work experience and projects. Next round was a technical screening which was mostly focused on probability and business case.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Lyft wants to launch ride share program. What are the most important KPIs would you track? 2) Lyft is trying to optimize ride sharing program. The app shows time for a ride to arrive. How would you decide a time threshold before customer cancels the request? 3) A $5 coupon is given to N riders. Probability of using coupon is P. What is expected spending? 4) A $5 coupon is given to N riders. Probability of using coupon is P. What is the probability that one of the coupons will be used? 5) There are 2 riders. Both have coupon. Given that at least one of them uses a coupon, what is the probability that both uses the coupon? 6) In the above question we assumed that the events of using the coupon are independent. In what case our assumption would be incorrect? 7) Currently, lyft app shows estimated time for a ride to arrive (ex. estimated time of arrival 5 min). We are thinking to change it to show a range (ex, estimated time of arrival 3-5 min). Hypothesis is that total rides would increase. How would you go about setting up the experiment? 8) Our internal dashboard shows that number of new drivers is down by 7%. How would you investigate this issue? 9) Is it necessary to investigate decrease in new drivers signed up? In what case it will not be necessary? 10) I do not understand P value. Will you explain it?
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lyft in Apr 2021

Interview

Over the phone. Three step process. You mostly have to drive the cars around and make sure they are clean. Not really anything about community. Just being an errand runner really

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Process: Hr screening, call with hiring manager, live SQL test, interview panel (3 team members). I had an excellent experience interviewing with Lyft. All my calls went extremely well, but didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

I first met with a person from Data Analytics team as a very friendly conversation and learning more about each other. The second round was with the hiring manager; she asked several product-related and case study questions. Overall it was a nice conversation and I learned a lot. But my experience was in a different direction.

Interview Questions
  • Explain one of your projects; how did you communicate the results and what was your recommendation?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Brief process since I only went through phone interview. The email communication was clear and the call went well, but with some pieces of the role we did not align since I really value a healthy work life balance. However, I did really appreciate the recruiter I worked with because they were very flexible and easy to talk to! Hope that the balance piece of this role has changed since then.

Interview Questions
  • Asked questions like why lyft, what was missing from my previous role, and a question around if I felt comfortable working in a large corporate environment, then expanded on by saying the role required after hours schedule—translating to not to anticipate the best work life balance.

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Average interview, great response time from recruiters, interesting/smart interviewers. Overall good experience--started out with online questionnaire, then Byteboard interview then they move on to video call interviews with engineers. Great people and interesting problems!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 41 - 50 of 1,302 Interviews