Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,306 of over 1,306.0 interviews

Employee Referral24%
Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Accounting

2m

works at

Deloitte

Jeeze Google announced WFH until January. Along with Amazon, Lyft and Facebook. You all know what this means for us.. 😔 Im tired of being home man!!!!

22 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Mar 2021

Interview

The process contains 4 parts: one short HR call; one 1-hr technical phone screen. The technical questions are not very technical. It's more like a consulting type of interview. a 24-hr project; and onsite. Rarely I feel so negatively about a company during the interview stage. The take home project takes so much time. They say 5-6 hrs... sure... I'd say unless you are desperately looking for a job, it's not worth it. What upsets me so much during the process is that they did not say I would need to use my own computational resource beforehand. I assumed I would at least be given some temporary access to some cloud service. No nothing. So I bought a $10 temporary cloud service on the day of the project. Lyft refused to reimburse me for this expensive. I found this absolutely unacceptable. This makes me feel the company is taking advantage of interviewees to solve their problems. Overall very bad impression.

Interview Questions
  • How do you explain p value to someone who's not technical?
    Answer Question

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

My interviewer showed up late and was nonchalant about this. The interview itself was framed as casual, but came off as impromptu and disrespectful. I would have expected more from such a large company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Had a phone interview and then did a virtual interview with 4 members of the team. They then took never followed up with me and eventually declined via generic email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

There were two coding interviews, one after another, with 15 minutes in between. They asked for fairly simple algorithms and data structures but of course, you needed to optimize those by time and memory.

Interview Questions
  • Create a Binary Heap data structure and delete/add a node. Merge two sorted arrays.

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

1 C++ screening inrerview on the phone ( multiple short questions were asked) Then a 3 hour interview consisting of Behavioral Coding (an easy to medium level question) ML technical interview (linear regression )

Interview Questions
  • The ML part was about deriving the linear regression

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

1. Introduce yourself. 2. Statistical knowledge: confidence interval for p in a binomial distribution. How would you find variance? How to find an estimator using Bayes? 3. Any questions for them.

Interview Questions
  • Statistical knowledge: confidence interval for p in a binomial distribution. How would you find variance? How to find an estimator using Bayes?

Lyft

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

They gave me some material to study related to systems, algorithms, and data structures one week prior to the interview. I studied all these concepts expecting to be solving an algorithms problem in the interview but went another direction and had to implement a complex component with plain javascript and HTML

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Technical and thought provoking questions. Had amazing conversation with Head of Finance about the possibility of introducing loyalty program to Lyft and how that would impact the costs to Lyft.

Interview Questions
  • How do you project liabilities for loyalty program?

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Virtual screen then technical interview. The description of the tech interview was vastly different than what it actually was. Said they wanted to test understanding of fitting but didn't ask about regression or classification really.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

I applied online and then I received email for interviews. It included three rounds, first round and second round was front end development and third round was problem solving using knowledge of data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 61 - 70 of 1,306 Interviews