Lyft Lyft Driver Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 1,312.0 interviews

Recruiter5%
1.3
HardAverageEasy

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Online processing. Takes about a week or less to know if you are approved or not. Depending what area you will be driving in requires for you to watch certain videos for the rules and regulations to drive.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have valid DL? Do you have valid car insurance?
    1 Answer

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

From what I remember it was a very easy process. The only part which was more involved was driving to the Lyft to get your car checked since it wasn't as close as I would have liked. Overall, it was a simple and fun process. Mostly done through apps and technology.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the process of getting ready to start driving for Lyft was handled through their app.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Confession

5d

works at

PwC

Took a Lyft this morning and the driver was left foot breaking. How common is it to drive a manual with both feet?

15 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

I went to the Lyft Driver Hub and went through a brief seminar in order to start driving with Lyft. The screening process was easy and it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Simple. Download the app and it takes you through everything. Bring your DL, Insurance, Registration to the vehicle inspection. Only thing they care about at the vehicle inspection is safety and mechanical features. Small cosmetic damages are no big deal and can only hurt your ratings.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Washington, DC) in Feb 2018

Interview

There is absolutely no hiring process what so ever. you will never talk to a human. you will never get support or help from anyone. they will deactivate you for a few rider bad ratings. there will be no warning or advice either.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2017

Interview

We met in a Pep-Boys, in a corner next to the cashiers... there was a few people, about 10-12 who were waiting for their inspections to be done, and their documents to pass. After filling out the information sheet they give you, you hand them your car keys, and an inspector (mechanic) goes over to your car and inspects everything on their checklist. After about 15-20 minutes, they call you up and congratulate you on passing, then they make you wait for a few more people to do the same for a small orientation. After a few finished up, they brought us into a group and gave us the run-down on the things we will be doing, like how to set up your app or how to take a ride, and were also given advice to check out the tutorial videos on the app to prepare us for our first rides. We were also told that if we were to work more than 40hrs a week, we will be guaranteed $1,000 a week. I haven't drove 40hrs in a week, so I can't tell for sure if that is true; although I can vouch for working 10hrs for about $320, so if you're averaging 10hrs a day for 5 days, that's about $1,200 made. I wouldn't want to do that, but it sounds achievable.

Interview Questions
  • How many people want to work more than 40 hours a week?

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

What a disappointment Lyft is. After sending them Pictures of ME(selfie on specific background) My drivers license, My car, my license plate ,my Inspection sticker, registration and proof of insurance. I was told in order to verify me they need a copy of my SScard or tax return. I sent the SScard. That was a month ago. I emailed several times got same response were working on it be patient. No phone to call no way to speak with a human. I give up. I will not drive for them now if i was paid 50 bucks an hour. I wash my hands of LYFT. Starting a new job at state liquor store June 12th.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

it pretty simple just checking our car and friendly environment with lyft official. they give you training for safety and rules about lyft. Uploading documents and photos to their website for confirmation and you have to clear the background check which is done by lyft official. i got cleared in 2 days after i check in with them. make sure have to get your licence , registration and insurance with you by the time of interview .

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hillside, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Hillside, NJ) in Oct 2016

Interview

It was fast and my mentor was friendly. I applied online and got a response by the end of the day. I got an email about a background check. I sent in my information. When my background check came back, I was paired with a mentor for an interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (South San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Online and via text . It was a little difficult to talk to a live person at first to ask questions not already asked in their FAQ area but eventually I finally succeeded . I basically just had to upload my CDL photo vehicle registration Proof insurance and gave my social security number. I waited almost 2 weeks for them to do a background check and was then contacted by text to meet with my mentor and bring in my original documents at that time to complete the process and interview . My car wasn't going to pass due to ac not working and I decided to take advantage of the car rental /lease program they are now offering and pick up my car in a few days. I'll let you know how I do after I have driven a little while. .

Interview Questions
  • Are you ready to become a driver ? can I pass a background check and will my car pass safety inspection ? When will I be ready to earn 35 an hour GUARENTEED ? and be my own boss ?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews