Lyft Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

3.3

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lyft in January 2019.

Interview

I actually applied for this job back in October, but someone must have quit (warning sign) because they suddenly called me up for a phone screen. Had a phone interview and then was given a homework assignment before the 'high honor' of even talking to the actual marketing director on the phone, and then maybe, maybe, if you're extra special, they might even put you in for an actual in person interview. The assignment was to write an event marketing plan using three ideas, including a full budget, and plan of action. I spent about 10 hours total doing everything and two days of research, and all I got for my trouble was a stock email saying, "Thank you for your time." I'm not using Lyft again in my entire life because I hate the way I was treated through this process. If you don't have time to give feedback on, not even an interview, but what equates to FREE WORK, maybe you shouldn't ask or expect people to have time to do it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my event marketing experience and the experience I had with event marketing.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward, email from recruiter then you schedule the call. She explained the hiring process. 30 min phone interview, assignment of planning 3 different events with marketing event plan, onsite visit, and the offer if you are lucky.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward! Was contacted about a week after applying for a phone screening, then Skype interview, then was brought into the office to speak with members of the team. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got an e-mail, then call from Blair Solano. Asked couple questions and these questions aren't really questions where you can ask a new college grad for an entry level position. How many projects can a new college grad lead? How many challenges a new college grad face in his job?Overall, questions were nothing to do with marketing projects that Lyft leads.

l sent an e-mail to get feedback and heard nothing. At least, BE RESPECTFUL and give feedback to candidates. If we are spending our time to apply your company, you should send some feedback to the candidate to improve himself/herself.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick and easy. I did not feel like I had to go through any extra, unnecessary steps, like have too many phone calls or go through tests to see if I "passed" for different skills. Everyone at Lyft was extremely nice, and seemed genuinely happy to work there. It was apparent that people are positively invested in the company.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at your past jobs that are applicable to the one you are applying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very organized, around a month in total. I interviewed with 6 different individuals, and I provided work examples and ideas to the group in later interviews. Progression from phone to in-person interviews. HR was amazing throughout the process, on top of all communications which made me feel great and taken care of.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate this process?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the goals you'd like to accomplish in the first few months on the job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were savvy and scrappy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY).

Interview

I didn't like my experience at all. The recruiter asked very confusingly worded questions and didn't know what she was doing. She seemed inexperienced and rude. When it was my time to ask questions and I asked "what would be a typical day for a marketing associate?", she replied "I don't know, I'm not familiar with the role or the team." How can you recruit for something you don't understand? Then when I asked "what would you describe as the characteristics of a Lyft employee that make them different from employees at other companies?", she rudely said, "I already went over this earlier with you when I was talking about the company" and ended the interview by telling me that she would get back to later this week or Monday the latest. I got an email from her on Monday that I didn't get the position. Despite her not being clear in her questions and being rude I still gave great answers and knew that I would be a great fit because of experience matched the responsibilities. I'm highly disappointed at Lyft and expected so much better. My interview was not warm like everyone else's on Glassdoor. I wish I was able to have had interview with a more experienced recruiter and not the rude confusing recruiter I got.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lyft?   1 Answer

Lyft Response

Oct 25, 2016 – Head of Business Recruiting & HRBP

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. We take our recruiting very seriously and pride ourselves on having approachable, knowledgeable and talented recruiters so any additional color would be... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft (Miami, FL).

Interview

I Interviewed to join the regional office in Miami. Was contacted by HR for a short interview and then had 2 other interviews. I was selected for a final in person interview but I cancelled to pursue other opportunities. Before the final interview, I was asked to complete an assignment to submit within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to use data to drive decision   1 Answer
    • If you were to organize an event, who would you partner with?   1 Answer
    • Now that you found the partner, how do you implement and follow the organization of the event?   1 Answer
    • Based on your knowledge of the area, how many rides you think there is per day? Run me through these numbers (no right or wrong)   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft in January 2016.

Interview

First a recruiter emails you to set up a phone call with another recruiter. That initial phone call is more of a screening to see if they like you. Then you are set up with a second phone call with the head of the department you'll be working with. After there's about 2 more phone calls and then an onsite meeting and if you've made it that far than you're usually hired. I decided to stop the process after I was moved on to the 3rd phone call because I really wasn't feeling the company culture that is advertised on their website.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in August 2016.

Interview

The recruiter team at Lyft is awesome! The recruiter was always so communicative, timely, and helpful. She set clear timeframes for when she would get back to me about next steps and always followed up after interviews. My interview process when like this:
    1. I applied online at Lyft.com
    2. Recruiter emailed me the next day about setting up a phone screening with her
    3. 15 minute phone screening with recruiter
    4. 30 minute phone interview (felt like a conversation though!) with the Marketing Lead
    5. Take home assignment
    6. In person interview with Marketing Lead and General Manager
    7. 30 minute phone interview with marketing lead in a different market
    8. A few days later the recruiter called me and told me I got the job!

Even if I had not gotten the job I would still say that the Lyft hiring process was great. Really takes the anxiety and stress out of it.