Lyft Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Ranked as difficult based on the amount of time, energy and free labor required to be strung along the interview process - much of which was not outlined as part of the process from the beginning.

The long, drawn out interview process of 5-6 weeks that included no mention/confirmation of salary range until the final 5 minutes of the entire process. Original interview process was said to be 3 steps. Final interview process was much different with extra work curve balls. Included: creating an entire marketing plan (which would have been a huge expense to hire a consultant to do) with as many creative ideas as possible (so they can use them later). Over half a dozen of all-over-the-place interviews later, with plenty of positive feedback (similar to "what you prepared is exactly what we should require from everyone in this type of role..." etc), it was clear no one was on the same page about what they wanted/needed. The deciding factor communicated was on a topic no one even asked me about.

Other than trying to get a straight answer on where you are in the interview process (to know if its worth spending time on free work - which, it probably isn't), if you are requested to interview at HQ, do yourself a favor and make sure you aren't paying THEM to let you interview. They got at least $100 bucks out of me in Lyft rides during the whole process. Specifically, I was told I had a $25 Lyft credit from SFO to HQ for the final interview. They claimed that would be more than enough for the roundtrip. Not only did the round trip cost more than double, the promo code they provided was only worth $15.

Interview Questions

• All over the place. Different people had different specific questions and different expectations for the role. No one asked if I like Lyft or if I have used them for a long time or anything that you would expect from a consumer brand company.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in March 2019.

Interview

Phone screens, work sample, onsite. Everyone was really friendly, patient, and smart: it felt like I left the day with a solid understanding of what day to day in the role might be like. The stakeholders I spoke to would be the ones I'd likely work with day to day. At no point did I feel intimidated: everything was pretty informal.

I appreciated the extent to which the interview was "talk me through how you would solve this current problem within lyft" and "tell me about a time when..." (past experience). I've often found companies over-index one way or the other. They also put a few questions in there related to solving questions outside of the context of lyft.

My only frustration was the scheduling: it was 4 hours of interviewing with 6 people, and there wasn't a single five minute break or breather in between. The last section was with someone from a data team, and while the questions were unbelievably straightfwd in retrospect, my brain was fried from all of the context switching and I know I did a lousy job.

Interview Questions

• Design an experiment for a product that's not Lyft. What would you build, and why? What would be your metrics for success? What parts of your day to day at your current role do you really enjoy? Dislike?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Horrible 3-month process.
    1. 3 phone interviews
    2. In-depth case study, to be presented in interviews
    3. 4 thirty-minute in-person interviews where I did not even get to present my case study work

Was not given an offer and never received any feedback. I strongly believe they used the case study to get free consulting and ideas. They are no holier than their competitor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through their LinkedIn page, was reached out by a recruiter - has initial interview. Then had interview with team member over the phone that lasted about 30 minutes. In this interview they asked very specific questions on the role, market etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you expand the partnerships for the Lyft services?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

You do a case study to solve one of their problems. Then they steal your idea. They idea fish like a lot of companies do. Happened to me, happened to a friend of mine. I’ve since deleted their app

Marketing Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an email from their HR asking when I was free for a phone interview. I gave them my dates and replied within the hour but they never got back to me.