Lyft Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

3.5

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was incredibly thorough but efficient and clearly defined. The Talent team at Lyft was professional and very helpful in guiding through the process which consisted of phone interviews, a test, and an in-person preso.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the driver/passenger experience? What actions would you take and how would you measure success?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

I was really impressed with the interview process. The recruiters were supportive, informative and very pleasant to work with. They kept me updated on every step of the process and I never felt in the dark.

During my on-site, everyone was very accommodating and the line of questioning was very practical and specific to the role I was interviewing for. I became more informed about the role, company culture and expectations after every call or in person discussion.

Interview Questions

• How would you design operations to ensure a great experience for passengers?
      How would you measure the ROI of your marketing plan for Lyft?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an online recruiter / online posting. The entire process took 4-5 weeks from 1st chat to offer extended. There were a total of about 3-4 phone interviews and one final in-person team presentation (about 3 rounds of interviewing in all). The process was clearly defined, the requirement team made sure I was very informed about the entire process and the recruiter was very transparent with expectations, the role, salary limits, etc upfront.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about growing supply / demand in your market?   1 Answer
    • What is you interpretation of Lyft's strategic priorities?   1 Answer
    • How would you size your local market?   Answer Question
    • How would you transform your market into a more Lyft city?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Four Phone Interviews - HR Screen, Hiring Manager, Regional Manager, Peer
    Excel Exam - Online
    Five hours at HQ including a Presentation with a six person panel, individual interviews with a variety of senior functional leaders

Interview Questions

• Generally analytical in nature with in-depth follow up questions related to how one might execute on a concept then analyze program performance following execution. They seem to be looking for strong general business acumen, analytical abilities, and marketing know how.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Hoboken, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with an operations manager, a senior marketing associate, the marketing lead and the general manager. The interview consisted of both fit and strategic problem-solving questions that pertained to the role.

Interview Questions

• If you have low supply of drivers, but high demand in ride requests during an event at the MetLife Stadium in NJ, how do you solve the problem? Now do the inverse.

You have two groups. One group you offer one ride free up to $20 (discount code) and the other group you offer two free rides up to $10 each (discount code). What are the biases each group has based on the offer?

How would you show appreciation for Lyft drivers? What would you offer them or what event would you put on just for them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Probably the most welcoming interviewing experience I have had in over 12 years of work experience. The entire process was highly personal but also was a challenge, which is reflective of the culture. Every single person I met along the journey really communicated the Lyft values in an authentic fashion, while also displaying phenomenal industry expertise.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a former coworker. The process was pretty typical, albeit long. I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager, then was brought in for a panel of 6 in-person interviews, followed by a presentation to all 6 people. The final step was to have a phone screen with the VP of marketing. After that I was offered the position and went back and forth with the recruiter on the offer. All in all it was a long process that was drawn out a bit by slow scheduling, but overall was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about a marketing campaign that you managed from strategy to execution.
      -How do you measure success for brand marketing programs?
      -What excites you about Lyft?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New Orleans, LA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter who was very nice and easy to talk to. We spoke for 20 minutes and then she set up another phone interview with the operations manager a few days later.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Worst interview process that I’ve been through. Meeting with the team was fine and went smoothly and was told that the recruiter would get back to me. Needless to say I’ve never heard back from them and after following up, everything went silence. It’s just a rude practice! If someone is taking time off to interview then you can have the decency to respond even if there were no offers on the table. Def don’t recommend!

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in November 2018.

Interview

The recruiter only gave me 5 minutes on the phone. I felt being rushed the whole time and didn't get the chance to ask her questions about the company's culture or job expectations like I normally get to do . I think it is very unprofessional and the whole experiences was very unpleasant.