Find jobs for Operations Specialist

Lyft Operations Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 1,313.0 interviews

Applied online25%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2021

Interview

Good contact with recruiter. Interview with operations manager was 30 minutes via video. Everyone has been nice and professional. I’ve emailed the recruiter several times and I’ve received an answer every single time I wrote.

Interview Questions
  • Time where I had difficulty with a co worker. Time when I solved a problem. How well do you use Excel.
    Answer Question

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Absolutely reckless interview process. They take weeks to respond in order to schedule a talk in a week. The whole interview process looked really weird with some not always relevant questions to the position.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Confession

8d

works at

PwC

Took a Lyft this morning and the driver was left foot breaking. How common is it to drive a manual with both feet?

15 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Sep 2019

Interview

Recruiter first reached out to me, and we scheduled a 30 minute interview. A day later, she reached out and scheduled a chat with me and the recruiting manager. He outlined details about the role, expectations for me as a candidate, and we chatted about my background and how I manage time/conflicting responsibilities. After that, the recruiter sent me a take home test with 16 questions, mostly focused on Excel/basic math skills. These questions are relevant to Lyft jargon and operations. After I cleared that round, I was brought onsite, where I had one technical interview with the hiring manager, and 3 more with other managers/specialists on the team.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about launching a program (specifics redacted here) in our market? What are some of the things you'd consider?
  • SQL question - walk through thought process, and write out query
  • How do you time manage?

Lyft

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter. She asked typical questions as she was trying to get to know me and assess whether I was qualified for the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions
  • Salary expectations, an example of a situation when I used data to make a decision, level of proficiency in MS Excel and SQL, and other typical resume questions.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Houston, TX)

Interview

Lyft was very thorough in their hiring process. I was required to meet with the HR, the hiring manager multiple times, a second manager from another market, as well as each member of the direct leadership team in the location I was hired to. All interview questions were different, yet each interviewer was positive and enjoyable to talk to. Overall it was a thought-provoking and exciting experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe some of the KPI's you would think of administering yourself to move our business forward in the next 3 - 6 months?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

Submitted my application online, spoke to a recruiter a few days afterwards and had a small homework assignment. The following week had a phone interview, the week after that an onsite, a phone call with the department head the next day, and then received an offer 10 days afterwards. Overall, the experience was very straightforward, professional, friendly and positive. The experience at the on-site is very welcoming and personalized (snacks, welcome message on the white board, list of interviews on an iPad). The only "negative" was the wait to receive an offer. Days are so long when you don't know what's going on the other side. Also worth nothing that my recruiter unexpectedly changed during the hiring process, but the new one came in without missing a beat or step. It did not feel like any communication was lost between the 2 people.

Interview Questions
  • • Tell me about a time you were asked to do multiple things and felt stretched thin. How did you handle it? • How do you approach handling workloads when you find that you are overwhelmed? • This role entails doing X, is that something you would be interested in doing? • What are your greatest strengths & weaknesses? • Lyft's core values are A, B, C, and D - of these 4, which 2 do you most strongly relate to? Why? • What drew you to to apply to the role, and what qualifications do you think you have that make you a good fit?
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

This was the most efficient recruitment process I've ever experienced. I had three phone interviews before the final in-person interview, and the process was complete within two weeks. My recruiter was extremely friendly, responsive, and on top of it - he kept me in the loop at all times and was a pro communicator. It was very clear from beginning to end that Lyft really respects its candidates and values their time. Hands down the most professional interview cycle I've had.

Interview Questions
  • What can be improved upon in the current driver onboarding flow?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2016

Interview

Great and informative interview process! Everyone on the team was professional and embodied the Lyft culture. Recruiter was easy to work with and organized! I've been with the company for three weeks now, and definitely liking it so far.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2016

Interview

My process was extremely positive. Everyone was so nice and wanted to really get to know me. It was a challenging process but fair and so interesting. 6-7 interviews, an analytics test, and a final presentation with a model I had to build for it. They tested my strategic thinking, analytical skills, ability to envision/analyze product originations and critical thinking on the operations of a current product. Gave me a great taste of all types of things I'm working on now. The recruiters were super helpful and amazing throughout the whole process!

Interview Questions
  • We're considering this new product X and you are in charge of presenting to the CEO on whether or not it is a good initiative for the company to pursue. How would this analysis/presentation look like?
3 people found this interview helpful