Lyft Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 1,312.0 interviews

Other3%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in Sep 2021

Interview

Recruiting phone screen followed by 2 virtual onsite interviews followed again by 2 further onsite interviews. Questions similar to what you can google, they use the same style as Uber and Facebook. Process overall was smooth, their recruiting is doing a decent job (compared to almost all other companies). Most interviewers were pleasant to talk to and personable with the exception of a woman who first showed up 5 minutes late without apologizing even with a single word and then went on to talk about how there are too many ex-Amazon white males (i.e. my exact) profile at Lyft already. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Design Lyft for commuters Design a dashboard for a food delivery service Design Lyft for large parties Describe the most complex challenge in your professional career
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev, Kiev

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Kiev, Kiev) in Feb 2021

Interview

The great process with challenging product interviews. Prepare in advance with YouTube videos. Just google product sense and execution interview at Lyft. The videos should give you a pretty good understanding of how to prepare for the interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Design Lyft for commuters. Q: Imagine you are a PM for a default pickup location feature, how would you improve this feature?
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Confession

5d

works at

PwC

Took a Lyft this morning and the driver was left foot breaking. How common is it to drive a manual with both feet?

15 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Several stages, meeting with the hiring manager and others on the team. Several very in depth product management problem solving interviews. They're very interested in seeing how you think and approach problems. It felt collaborative but challenging.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

It was difficult but rewarding process as the team challenged me to see if I was truly capable of being a manager at Lyft. The team asked fair questions and I went through multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

4 rounds meeting various members across the organization. Initial recruiting call, and then a product sense, product execution, and a final round interview. Challenging but fair process and expectations by the Lyft team.

Interview Questions
  • -How would you navigate being the PM at a Waterpark?

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Take-home challenge, zoom interviews. Challenge took a week to complete and was very reasonable in length. Communication was great throughout the entire process. Zoom interviews are a bit short but they immediately get right to the point. The interviewers were all friendly.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY)

Interview

2 - Phone Screens 2 - 45 min video interview The video interviews have 3 people per video. They essentially just wanted to see how you thought through things. The questions were pretty broad, so you had to make a lot of assumptions

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Applied online in April and got at end of Aug. 30 min HR screening followed by 2 hangout interviews with PMs. First was product sense - "design lyft for commuters" and second was product execution - "we have a new product, how will you measure success". Product sense interview was pretty smooth and the interviewer was able to grab plenty out of my approach to product. Execution interview was by relatively new PM, who struggled to understand my approach (perhaps I did poorly). He didn't understand the concepts of active users and total users and how engagement helps measure success. However, both interviewers were polite. Overall process was smooth and HR kept me updated without delay or unexplained waiting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

Applied through referral. The interview process was quick & so was feedback. However, it was dentrimental in the sense, I wasnt prepared as well as I should have been. Companies expect scripted structured answers for PM interviews. If you are not familiar with product design , market opportunity sizing, product strategy & product execution interviews and related questions or did not have enough practice of it, you will fail as I did. The questions were simple in themselves. Just as google or facebook PM interview. The interviewer were very nice and friendly. Although I completely bombed one my interviews by being all over the place, the interviewer was super engaged for the rest of the hour & left a positive impression. : How do you design X for Y (Think lyft & transportation problems) You are launching feature X as a pilot in Market Y. How do you go about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in Mar 2020

Interview

There were three rounds to the interview process at Lyft: . Round 1 - Phone screen with recruiter Round 2 - Two case study interviews with Product team Round 3 - Two case study interviews + behavioral with Product team In between rounds, there were prep calls, videos and articles to help candidates prepare. Every interviewer was very professional, courteous and friendly. All the recruiters were incredibly professional. Even though I didn't get the job, it was a smooth process and Lyft's interview team was great.

Interview Questions
  • Case studies - How would you explore, analyze, design, and ultimately rollout the following products / features at Lyft: 1. Surge pricing 2. Ad platform 3. Lyft for commuters 4. Lyft for large parties
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Interviews