Find jobs for Product Marketing Manager

Lyft Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 1,313.0 interviews

Staffing Agency17%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft in Oct 2019

Interview

Very well organized and very professional interview process! It was a pleasure working with the recruiting team at Lyft. There were ~3 rounds: (1) recruiter screen; (2) a series of case/behavioral interviews with the team; (3) a take home panel presentation

Interview Questions
  • - Develop a go-to-market plan for a new business line we are considering. - Create a strategy to increase activation among new Lyft riders.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2018

Interview

I applied online and shortly thereafter a recruiter reached out to schedule an initial phone screen with the hiring manager. Our conversation went well, so from there we rescheduled a first round of onsite interviews with various members of the team. The feedback was positive so I was given a prompt for an assignment that I presented as part of a second round of onsite interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What are examples of brands or products that you feel have been successful/unsuccessful in their product marketing efforts?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Confession

8d

works at

PwC

Took a Lyft this morning and the driver was left foot breaking. How common is it to drive a manual with both feet?

15 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Fast, transparent, clear. This is what an interview process should be like. I know what the next steps were every step of the way and was never left in the dark. 1st step: call with recruiter, scheduled a follow- up with hiring manager same day. 2nd step: call with hiring manager same week and was immediately contacted for an onsite. 3rd step: had to schedule video chats since i was abroad. Met virtually with 4 different people. Found out 2 days after virtual chat about the final decision.

Interview Questions
  • Focused a lot business situational questions related to the role. Favorite loyalty program, how would improve driver loyalty etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

I had a pleasant interview at Lyft despite not getting the job. What I don't appreciate is the fact that there's no closure - I did not hear from the recruiters that I was working with, so after the silent treatment in 4 weeks, I assumed that they're not interested in hiring me. First, they set me up to meet with 6 cross-functional individuals for 30 mins each. They wrote "Welcome" on the market board, and placed a granola bar, box of mints and a glass of water on the table. The interviews went efficiently and finished with an office tour.

Interview Questions
  • I have 3 user cases for you, which would you select to work on and why? 1- Social outing on the weekends. 2- Commuting 3- Travel/ Airport.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2017

Interview

I was very excited about the opportunity to work at Lyft when the recruiter reached out to me for a phone interview. She sounded genuinely excited to speak with me in the email but when she called, she was very disinterested in getting to know me. It turned out to be an awkward interview since she didn't really talk about the role or ask me questions about why I wanted to work there. It was disappointing because I felt like I was talking to a blank wall and she quickly ended the interview saying that she'd share the notes with the team (even though all she did was tell me that the role was passenger focused (without giving any details)). It was disheartening for me because I had some great experiences riding Lyft and thought highly of Lyft's mission and culture. However this experience has caused me to think otherwise. Never in my 6 years of interviewing have I ever had such a poor experience with a recruiter. I worked at Google for 4 of my 6 years and have interviewed with many reputable tech companies.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

The interview process was about 5 weeks long, but the recruiter and hiring manager were encouraging, responsive and as speedy as they could be. I had a phone screen, interview with hiring manager, one on-site for 30-min back-to-backs, then a take-home project, and a final on-site to present the project. Lyft had the most polished and easy to understand interview process - from communications with the recruiter to the final on-sites. Questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • Is there a product out there that you think could be marketed better? Why?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Spoke to them about a PMM role. First interview with the recruiter for 10 minutes then onsite for a few hours. The recruiter was not clear about the process because after I came onsite they told me about the process which was much longer then I expected. Secondly had a interview where the interviewer invited his dog into the interview. I informed the interviewer that I apologize but it takes me time to warm up to dogs and especially large ones (before this dog came in it was barking). He proceeded to ignore me and the dog continually came very close and was very distracting. I don't mind pets in the workplace but putting an interviewer in an awkward position is unprofessional. Need to clean up that process Lyft. And be clearer about the process.

Interview Questions
  • Typical project management, what are some challenges you think lyft has and how would you solve them.
8 people found this interview helpful