Lyft Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 1,312.0 interviews

Other22%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interviews were remote which is understandable during the pandemic. However the interviewer, who would have been the direct manager showed up late, wearing a tank top and was not engaging at all. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Situation based questions to dig into the ability to perform the duties of the position.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

The “recruiter” (who had <1 year of actual recruiting experience) got back to me relatively quickly to schedule a screen. Basic and amateur questions regarding your background and interest in the company. They’re primarily interested in finding someone that has recruited high volume roles, without taking much account into the seniority of the roles you’ve been working on. What a shame because you’re missing out on some good talent. The person they’re looking for sounds like another piece of cog in a well oiled machine. Nothing about how you partner with hiring managers, how you use data, or ways you source candidates. Simply how many seats you’ve filled in a quarter is the qualifying question to get to the next round. Very consistent with the Glassdoor review of a former/current Recruiter. What a disappointment. Expected a lot more, especially from a R4R recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • How many roles do you work on at any given time?
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Confession

5d

works at

PwC

Took a Lyft this morning and the driver was left foot breaking. How common is it to drive a manual with both feet?

15 Comments

Join the conversation on

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Had an awesome phone screen with the hiring manager. When I came onsite, it was a bit unorganized, and they had me doing a lot of walking back and forth between interviews. I felt that I connected with everyone on my interview panel except for one hiring manager. He seemed to already have a set opinion of me before he met me, and asked and said a few things that threw me a bit that didn't seem relevant or appropriate. Not in a weird way, but I felt that he may have not conducted too many recruiter interviews in the past. It was awkward. He was super friendly towards the recruiting coordinator, but then would turn and be cool towards me. Maybe that how some people feel they have to be towards candidates. I left there feeling a bit confused. I was hoping to be even more enthusiastic about Lyft after the interview, but none of the interviewers really took the time to discuss their team, roadmap, company culture, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think the engineers at your current company like you enough to follow you?

Lyft

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Had a brief email exchange with a R4R recruiter and then she ghosted me. This sentence is to fulfill the 30 word requirement. This 2nd sentence helps do the same thing.

Interview Questions
  • What’s your availability? This sentence is to fulfill the 30 word requirement.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The interview process took nearly 2 months. I constantly had to follow up with my recruiter who would give me a time frame, but then that time frame was never met. I was told verbally I’d be receiving an offer several times and that they were checking references and finalizing pay. I waited patiently 2 weeks from the time I was told I would receive and offer. I even got a call from my recruiter saying that she just needed one more day and that she thinks I’ll be happy with the offer. The next day came and I heard nothing. Finally got a call the following day from my recruiter telling that there would be no offer. They have no regard or respect for my time during the whole interview process. Their reason as to why they declined was that they wanted more senior people, when they actually are the ones who decided they thought I’d be a better fit for the second position. Please make sure they are very clear with you from the jump otherwise you will waste weeks of your valuable time.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in Aug 2018

Interview

It was one of the most disorganized interview processes I have ever experienced. The recruiter had no regard for candidate experience or a candidate's time. I started off really excited about Lyft but after seeing how they run recruitment, as a recruiter, I realized that this is not a place I want to work and its recruiters like these that give us a bad name. I currently work for a major tech company that is really respected in the tech industry and very highly regarded and we do not treat candidates like this. I imagine we have more candidates and a higher volume than Lyft and we somehow manage to keep candidate experience top of mind and ensure a super smooth interview process. I won't make the mistake of considering Lyft again and will make sure my colleagues don't either.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in Aug 2018

Interview

First was a phone screen with a recruiter in SF. Second was a call with the HM in Nashville. Third was a skype with 3 people on the team. Then they went dark on me

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

I was greeted at the lobby by the recruiter who phone screened me and she escorted me to a meeting room where the interviews would take place. They provided water, a greeting card and had a welcome sign on the white board. Everyone I met was pleasant and easy to talk to. After meeting with about 4 people back to back, I was told I would hear feedback/next steps within 3 days. It's been nearly a month and I have not received a courtesy rejection email. Although my onsite was overall positive, I was put off by my recruiter who did not even follow up with me. After taking time off and interviewing for 2 hours, you would think they'd have the decency to email me. This experience left a bad taste in my mouth on the recruiting org at lyft.

Interview Questions
  • If a hiring manager wants to find out the org chart from our competitor, how would you go about finding it?
9 people found this interview helpful

Lyft

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter, was told they were scheduling next steps for me with the hiring manager, and was ghosted by the recruiter. Highly unprofessional, especially when interviewing fellow recruiters.

Lyft

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter a few weeks later. Had an intro chat where they dove into my background and interest in the role. A few more weeks go by and another recruiter follows up to say they heard great feedback and wanted to have another call with me. Few more weeks since then and still no word after conversation, which is fine but disappointing candidate experience. I truly love Lyft as a product and love the experience as a user, disappointing they don't provide same experience to candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Generic conversations about background and how it aligns with role.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews