Lyft Trust and Safety Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Trust and Safety Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Lyft

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR to gauge experience and see whether or not you'll be a good fit for the company. Follow-up interview with a team lead who tells you more about the position and asks about how you've handled difficult situations in the past. Three more interviews with a Trust and Safety Team Lead, Manager, and Senior Specialist, to dive more deeply into your personality, prior experience, etc. Additionally there will be mock calls with the Senior Specialist (they're tough so be prepared!).

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.
    Tell me about a time you dealt with an escalated user. What actions did you take?
    Why do you want to work for Lyft?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lyft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied in mid July through a referral. I went through a total of two phone screens and two on-site interviews. The first on-site took all morning as I met with 6 members of the team. The second on-site was a short interview with the Director of Support. Each member I interviewed with had me run through a hypothetical trust and safety exercise. Overall, everyone I met with was nice and seemed like they enjoyed Lyft. I found my experience with the recruiter to be frustrating. She failed to tell me until after the first round of interviews that the job was a Tues - Sat position. On several occasions she forgot to follow up with me. I would agonize over whether to follow up with her, and when I finally mustered the courage, she would immediately schedule something. Finally, I never heard back one way or another after my final interview which I found incredibly discourteous.

Interview Questions

• Now that you know more about the trust and safety team, what are some areas that you think the team is lacking.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, next 3 seperate interviews in one day with 3 supervisors followed by a phone scenario, then given a scenario for homework to do to assess your problem solving and decision making abilities.... called back in to do 3 seperate interviews in one day with 3 team leads.

Interview Questions

• Why Lift? What challenges your patience? Tell me about a time where things didnt go expected as planned and what you did to have a positive outcome....Use STAR technique when responding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview; onsite interview with 2-3 team members, including a role-play scenario; a written assessment followed by a final onsite interview with 3 Team Leads. Entire process was enjoyable. Interview questions sufficiently gauge qualifications/competencies. Written assessment challenges candidate to exercise problem-solving skills. Received offer approx 10 days from initial phone interview. Overall great experience!

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in May 2018.

Interview

It was very precise and direct, but I was made to feel comfortable with the process. They kept to the task at hand and took plenty of notes. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to come to Lyft?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and to the point. I like the fact that I got to interview with more than one person all of which gave different insights on the position and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about change? Don't remember verbatim....   1 Answer

Trust and Safety Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

The process was really great. I did phone screening before actual interviews. After the rounds of interviews they came back with an offer. Overall super positive experience and everyone was very helpful

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in August 2018.

Interview

- Applied for a position with Lyft (July 30)
    - Received an email from recruiter Danielle (awesome individual btw!) asking me to look at the T&S Specialist position and that they thought I'd be a good fit for the role (Aug 13)
    - Completed written assessment/screening (Aug 14)
    - Talked on the phone with Danielle to get more info about the position (Aug 14)
    - Interviewed at the Nashville office (pro tip: park at the library, first hour and a half are free with library validation), 3 rounds of interviews with current T&S team members as well as a phone call simulation (Aug 17)
    - Received an invite to the second round of interviews (Aug 20) & was asked to complete a written assignment
    - Received offer and talked with Danielle about logistics (Aug 27)
    - Start date is Sept 10! :)

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process included an on-site interview with four team members from the Trust and Safety team. I was asked a series of questions by two of the team members and then did a phone scenario with the other two. I was then required to do a homework assessment. The final step included an on-site interview with three of the managers from the team.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain self-care while working in a high escalation environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in August 2018.

Interview

My hiring process was very thoroughly and well organized. The recruiter emailed me with an assessment to take which determined if I would be granted and interview. From receiving my invitation to interview to receiving an invitation for my second interview, I would say the process was faster than expected. My recruiter was with me every step of the way, making sure to provide an updates available. I interviewed with 5 amazing people who willingly shared their stories and how they started at Lyft. The people I interviewed with were transparent, warm, welcoming, and most importantly, passionate about their careers at Lyft.